Old school player

Camalot_Mir2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2013
Hi guys,

I used to play Mir 2 from beta to around spider patch time. I'm looking for the easiest server files so i can set up a server for me and my brother to have a mess around on over weekends for old time sake!

Does anyone know the best one to download? with a decent guide on how to set it up!

Be good if anyone remembers me also, my warrior was called camalot and tao was called zoro!

Carribean

I abused the reputation system, now I'm stuck with
Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
Im not to sure about server files, but there is an upcoming server that should be a big hit Apocalypse Mir 2

Camalot_Mir2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2013
Many thanks for the reply.

I don't have the time to start playing someone else's server, just simply looking for some files and a guide to run my own for my brother and i.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
easiest set of files to get up and working and running would have to be the crystal files (c# files)

if your looking to relive that euro buzz with your brother give those files a go and go the the forums section related to it for all the information you want

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
easiest set of files to get up and working and running would have to be the crystal files (c# files)

if your looking to relive that euro buzz with your brother give those files a go and go the the forums section related to it for all the information you want

Just to clarify there, they (crystal) are not the easiest in relation to the fact that you have to use Visual Studio or similar to compile the files yourself. There is no 'stock' 'download server ready to run' files released as of yet (other than the very our of date version, which has a number of bugs).

Once you have the server built (compiled), it is by far the easiest to configure/personalise

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Once you have the server built (compiled), it is by far the easiest to configure/personalise

I had the same idea like Camalot, put up my own server and use it essentially like skype chat with my brothers (who never played mir) with the added bonus having something to do together -> go kill something LOL

As somebody who never compiled anything, as somebody who has only some theoretical idea what it means (making binary executive file from 'source' which is the form of raw code which allows programmers to change things...), what program should I get hold of to compile source code? I suppose it is some specialized program, perhaps available from torrents? Could somebody give a hint or more?

Googling around I found two ways, 'free downloadable Visual Studio Express, but Cygwin is both more useful and more user-friendly.' Which one would be better in this case? C# mir source that is?

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Crystal files compile using visual studios 2012 or newer

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I use visual studio express 2013 which is completely free from source.

There has been a post in the crystal section recently (help sub) where me and far detail at length the process to download/ compile the files.

Cant get link but its easy enough to find

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
you used to play on phoenix server camalot? I seem to remember your names... I was JBond (warrior) and Jaguar (wizard) on phoenix from beta until the redmoon update when I stopped playing

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
... until the redmoon update when I stopped playing

By chance, you don't mean Redmoon, another korean game at the time? I started on it but in September 2001 I left and joined Phoenix mir server.

Thanks for tip for visual studio and pointer to help how to compile source...

---------- Post Merged at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:21 AM ----------

you used to play on phoenix server camalot? I seem to remember your names...
View attachment 16456

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
The 1.4 files are easy, and are the actual files for around the SPider Patch update - Maybe you'd prefer them. However, I'm not sure if there are many working links for both client and files!

Edit: They may be here
http://mirfiles.co.uk/mir2/senture-mir.com/mirfiles/mir2/

You will need 1.4Server.rar and mir14.exe (I think that's the client!) and one of the DBC downloads.

Not sure about a guide for setting them up, it will be here somewhere!

Edit 2:
Guide here - http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?28439-Basic-Guide-To-Making-A-Server&highlight=1.4+guide

That should help you get an offline server setup, as long as the download links work and are correct.

Edit 3:
Just downloaded and checked, all seem ok.
You need:
14server.rar
mir14full.exe
DBC2000 (Doesn't work on 64-bit)

Last edited:

Camalot_Mir2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2013
By chance, you don't mean Redmoon, another korean game at the time? I started on it but in September 2001 I left and joined Phoenix mir server.

Thanks for tip for visual studio and pointer to help how to compile source...

---------- Post Merged at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:21 AM ----------

View attachment 16456

haha my god where did you find tha pic, i'm sure i posted it on here somewhere before. It's the only origional pic i ever have of my mir days. Think i wasn't far off Bulpit in terms of level at that date.

I didnt play Phoenix, infact it didnt even exist when i started!

Thanks for the help and advice so far, i did set one up a year or so ago and i used DBS server or something like that i think! Just can't remember what the files were! doh.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
haha my god where did you find tha pic, i'm sure i posted it on here somewhere before. It's the only origional pic i ever have of my mir days. Think i wasn't far off Bulpit in terms of level at that date.

I didnt play Phoenix, infact it didnt even exist when i started!

Thanks for the help and advice so far, i did set one up a year or so ago and i used DBS server or something like that i think! Just can't remember what the files were! doh.

Will eb the 1.4 files as I mentioned above, if you used DBC.

Can't remember any other files using DBC.

Camalot_Mir2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2013
Is there an alternative to DBC 2000 as i am on 64bit OS?

Also, there was one exe file that i just clicked which loaded all the gates.

If i cant get this working with 64bit, is there a better version i can use?

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
You can use DBCommander in trial mode, that version allowed me to download/install. I was able to login game too.

search DBCommander on google and download from there.

Heroes files are also easy to setup, with a lot of the newer ksills etc. The 1.4 files are simply the old mir files, with everything up to spider patch.

Camalot_Mir2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2013
I tried heroes, think thats the same files i used before! I just set up the server as per the guide on this forum, but when i load the client, the log in screen is black. Any ideas?

test.jpg

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
haha my god where did you find tha pic, i'm sure i posted it on here somewhere before. It's the only origional pic i ever have of my mir days.
If I remember right, I put your char name into google, maybe with mir or mir2 and it spit the pic

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
not sure if projects are backwards compatible. I've always understood once a project has been upgraded to use a newer version it can no longer be opened by older versions.

I don't have VS 2010 to test this, but most comments on the internet seem to back this up.