Mir Extreme 2.3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
For some unknown reason I have decided to host Extreme again.

I will be opening with a closed beta, due to initially hosting it on a home pc, it wont take long to transfer to a dedicated server if demand calls for it (after a couple of days of having a pc on in my lounge I might initiate the move sooner rather than later.)

The server is pretty much ready to go, the reason for the beta is to give me some time to get back into the swing of things and tidy up any unfinished loose ends from last time round.

the server has been wiped, nothing from the previous version will be able to be carried over so please don't ask.

I'm also not having a forum this time, they are time consuming and a huge distraction, info about reboots/updates etc will be posted on the website once it's in a better state.

If you would like to have a play a server without an archer, assassin, monk, heroes, fishing and all the other weird and wonderful things that have been added to the game in the last few years, please signup via our website http://www.mmorpggeek.com/ to keep up to date with what's happening and info on how to connect to the server.

I haven't decided on a specific launch date yet, as previously mentioned the server is ready to play, the launch date depends on the level of interest shown by players, if 25 people signup over night then the server will be online in the next couple of days possibly ready to go for a launch on Saturday.

I hope to see some old faces and hopefully some new ones.

All the best

Lone

p.s did you notice no smilies! that's growth people :nevreness: dammit!

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
thanks for the good wishes, 11 people already signed up. places going like mildly warm cakes!

averawez

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 12, 2014
Very good initiative. I eagerly awaits the launch of the server. I am not a great player but a great faithful mir.

Thank you so much for this opportunity
:star::moon:

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Hi Hattori,

I already had you down as a pre registered beta participant, you inadvertently volunteered to Penny at the beginning of June when i was just considering the server ;-)

Glad to have you on board.

We are currently up to 20 of the 25 places being filled

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Have we reached the 25 yet? :p this server could kill some serious time haha, may also draw me back into it for a while.

hattori

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2010
Nice one and yea i remember giving Penny my email now. Looking forward too this and thanks for the opportunity to come and play. :)

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
20/25 places filled come on guys!!! (not dropping hints for anyone to double register to speed this process up or anything *whistles innocently*)

manbearpig95

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 10, 2013
i signed up to this a couple days back had no reply any1 know whats going on with this ?

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Welcome back Lone, When i see this post i thought it was from when it was last up a couple years ago, had to do a double check!

Me and my irl friend will definitely be giving this a bash as this was the last server we properly played together, see you when its up!

(xUniquex = me)
(xFudaGuyx = friend)

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Received email today, downloaded patcher and patched etc etc. It states in the email to make an account ready, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 today and I cant for the life of me even get the exe to work, I assume it would of been the same for Windows 8 anyway. Click the exe and nothing happens. Set it to run as admin, set it as SP3 Compatibility and still zero, zilch, nada, nothing.

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Received email today, downloaded patcher and patched etc etc. It states in the email to make an account ready, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 today and I cant for the life of me even get the exe to work, I assume it would of been the same for Windows 8 anyway. Click the exe and nothing happens. Set it to run as admin, set it as SP3 Compatibility and still zero, zilch, nada, nothing.

Ive not had an email back yet, if i do ill have a mess about with it see if i can get it to work if i have the same problem (got a win 10 laptop) and ill drop you a message

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Ive not had an email back yet, if i do ill have a mess about with it see if i can get it to work if i have the same problem (got a win 10 laptop) and ill drop you a message
Ok cool, lemmie know if you get the same issues.

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Hi Folks,

Sorry for the lack of response on here, had my head in the files trying to get back to grips with things and discovering bits and pieces i forgot to wipe (nearly launched with all the namelists still populated lol) ^.^

The emails that were sent out, went to the first 25 people who signed up, We have actually had 38 people sign up so the 13 people who were late didn't get the initial email ;-) but I'm thinking of sending out connection info to you guys and girls after the initial launch (24-48 hours or so). I really want to assess the lag situation as the server will be running on my gaming PC to start with and I don't want to cause problems by having too many people connected at once. (i have been told that my machine should be more than capable of running the server with quite a few more people online but i really want first hand experience so i don't launch a lag fest server ^.^

The server is going online at 6pm tomorrow (Friday 31/07/2015) for the first 25 beta signups.

Anywho, I need to get the website support form sorted (might do it tomorrow though, kinda tired from all the looking at NPCs ^.^

Hope to see lots of you online tomorrow and be nice, its actually my 5th wedding anniversary ^.^ (haha what a lovely present for Vamp :) )

All the best

Lone

p.s forgot to answer the EXP question.

We have a custom EXP table on Extreme, we have it so each level requires 5% more exp than the previous level so the leveling gradually gets tougher, but you dont suddenly find yourself hitting a crazy exp wall.

We also have leveling enhancers such as x2/3/4 exp tokens which last for 22minutes each (not sure why we choose 22 minutes >.<) As well as those we have LevelingScrolls (formerly LevelingTokens) these scrolls allow you access to the leveling room which spawns over 1000 mobs which have nice exp on them. To make a LevelingScroll you will need to find 3 leveling tokens and 1 extreme token (this price may be adjusted)

These items are in the drop files and are also purchasable via the gamegold NPC if you have more money than time on your hands

Anyway better go

See you tomorrow

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
good to see a new server coming m8, i did get your invite but my mrs is gunna pop any day now haha maybe see you on if im doing the night shifts haha

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I know its a lot to ask Lone but could you maybe look at the exe first otherwise myself and others might not be able to actually log on. Although nothing loads after initially clicking exe as stated before exe is active in my processes and using CPU.