Mir Extreme 2.3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
It's a high rate server theres hardly much of a catch up, I started leveling yesterday i done from 43-60 in a few hours just running through ST maze then to ST KR yhen back to maze vice versa

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you've been playing Mir previous to your 2009 join date, thus I'm positive you understand rates actually mean nothing. One week into a standard euro rate server vs one week into a "high rate" server is still one week into the server. The catch up the same regardless.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you've been playing Mir previous to your 2009 join date, thus I'm positive you understand rates actually mean nothing. One week into a standard euro rate server vs one week into a "high rate" server is still one week into the server. The catch up the same regardless.

You would be correct on thinking so. Started playing mir in early 2002 i believe. The point im trying to make is for the lack of effort iv put in due to work im sure those that do have a lot of time can easily out do us.

Im in no way saying that Lone shouldnt wipe because i do believe everyone should have the same opportunity im just pointing out its not the end of the world and showing just how easy it is to level.

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
I can understand the competitive element of the game and also the desire for a level playing field.

I want to try and add that to the game in other ways not just the normal race to get the best kit or the highest levels. One of the ideas i want to make is a last man standing map where everyone starts completely naked, no items are allowed to be taken into the event map, you need to hunt the mobs in there to get the kit to be able to fight each other (or just have a huge naked fist fight)

I need to think through a few things but i hope it gives the kind of idea of what I want to achieve. (possibly a completely fresh character, with the reward going to the main playing character - as i said its still in the idea stage.)

I want to try and create different elements in the game which give you the challenge of guild vs guild combat but potentially without swinging a weapon or spell directly at each other I have a kind of summoner/line tower war game already pretty much scripted it just needs to be finished off.

I don't really want a server where the main focus of it is to simply grind out levels and hunt kit, i want to build something which you enjoy playing and the leveling happens without really noticing it.

So with what i hope to add to the game, a week or two weeks or 3 months head start shouldn't give someone a monumental advantage over the entire game there will be aspects which level the playing field as much as i can possibly level it.

I hope people do decide to stick around and play or at least pop in every now and then to say hi :) its been nice seeing so many old faces

All the best

Lone

Saskia

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2004
Middlesbrough
Maybe if you give new starters some help to catchup, for example a 3 day long double exp potion or something. Otherwise I think it is a bit off putting knowing that you're playing catchup from the start.

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Maybe if you give new starters some help to catchup, for example a 3 day long double exp potion or something. Otherwise I think it is a bit off putting knowing that you're playing catchup from the start.

People have been joining mir servers long after the servers have started without a problem, i wont be giving out 3 day double exp potions to everyone that joins that wasnt in the beta i'm afraid. the logistics of sorting it out and verifying that people arent taking advantage of the offer would be much larger than you realise i think ;-)

As i said in my previous post, the "headstart" should give people a big advantage with what im planning.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
People have been joining mir servers long after the servers have started without a problem, i wont be giving out 3 day double exp potions to everyone that joins that wasnt in the beta i'm afraid. the logistics of sorting it out and verifying that people arent taking advantage of the offer would be much larger than you realise i think ;-)

As i said in my previous post, the "headstart" should give people a big advantage with what im planning.

Yes, we know.... ;)

Also you mentioned that Thai is your dad. Did he run Extreme the last time it was up then?

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Well it seems pretty set in stone that you won't be wiping after a closed beta testing session, which I'm sorry to say but that is completely ridiculous. Thats enough to throw me,(and many others), off for the reasons stated in my original post.

Good luck regardless.

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Yes, we know.... ;)

Also you mentioned that Thai is your dad. Did he run Extreme the last time it was up then?

Hmn i don't recall enlarging any font sizes :P

Thai hasn't ever run the server, Last time the server was online he was a GM and did various bits and pieces he built the MinoX cave :) (even though he didn't even remember doing it when we discussed it in game a day or so ago >.< ) thats been one of the good things about forgetting so much about the game, theres so much to discover about what has already been created lol.

@Wond

Thanks for the good luck wishes, Sorry its put you off, i hope once i add in some of the new features where the headstart wont be a major factor, i hope you give it another go and let me know what you think.

All the best

Lone

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
sorry but i agree with wond for a change not wiping a closed beta is just purelu unfair man. im very competetive with mir so already being tht far behind im not interested ><
best of luck to you tho nice to see another server come up

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
In all fairness it doesnt take long to level, you could get to 65 in a day most likely, but i see why people are saying they'd rather a wipe but im already level 73 so im one of the ones that would be pissed with a wipe :P

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Many of the people complaining probably wouldnt even give the server time of day anyway because its 2.3, just fishing for bites.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Many of the people complaining probably wouldnt even give the server time of day anyway because its 2.3, just fishing for bites.

You know thats not true mate. Well not with me, I can't speak for the others

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
You know thats not true mate. Well not with me, I can't speak for the others

Apologies if that sounded like I was pointing fingers guys, I should state i didnt mean everyone, but a hand full or so, yes.

I know your up for most servers wargod, its the love of the game!

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Hi Folks,

Looks like my interested decided to drop out last night 20 minutes after i went to bed!

I'm just sorting the autopatch so it has the new IP address included >.<

As for Jaffar91 already being too far behind to catch up, I assume you have never enjoyed a server that you have started playing after the first week? or have you never actually started playing a server after the first week of launch? How long does a server need to be online before you decided its been online to long? How many exp events do servers need to have before its too many? (So far We havent had a single EXP event or a single boss spawn that wasnt preprogramed )

as i have said before im planning things that will level the playing fields - but if you just want to share your opinion saying you wont play servers unless you are there on day 1 that totally your call.

I'm going back to sorting things out

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:11 AM ----------

The Autopatcher has now been updated - If you are failing to connect to the server please run the autopatcher for the new IP address.

Sorry for the hassle.

I'll be online in a few minutes to do pet replacements but im due to go out very soon to a 1 year old birthday picnic! >.< ill be online when im back to finish off any pet replacements that people missed first time round.

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
If the auto patcher says 0 files to download and you still cant get on delete your servers.ini file and run auto patcher again

Carribean

I abused the reputation system, now I'm stuck with
Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
yea im still getting the black screen after running the patcher