Mir Extreme 2.3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Oh its just me being a tit sorry downloaded a client from another server thinking it was this one (if that makes sense lol) I think i am feeling my age a bit now. I am still waiting for confirmation on the site so i can dl this client... (it makes sense to me honest)

You need to sign up on his site and he will inbox you with download details when he needs more testers.

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
Will there be a wipe after the closed beta?

Edit: Also can you fix the pets, so you can't get them at every 5 levels. Impossible to level as a tao without the pets you get. A level 7 skelly can't damage wt which is pretty sad when the other pets kill him in a few hits. Being level 61 with no pets it's impossible to level.

Last edited:

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Will there be a wipe after the closed beta?

Edit: Also can you fix the pets, so you can't get them at every 5 levels. Impossible to level as a tao without the pets you get. A level 7 skelly can't damage wt which is pretty sad when the other pets kill him in a few hits. Being level 61 with no pets it's impossible to level.

So far nothing terrible has happened to require a wipe, so at the moment No there wont be a wipe at the end of the beta. (this may be subject to change depending on what happens.)

You know Poison will kill WT without the need for a skellie?

As for skellie, It does indeed damage the WT, it even damaged it before i upped its stats yesterday morning. when using green poison as well the WT falls over quite easily. Although the skellies HP was lacking and that has been corrected.

its new stats are 1000HP, 25AC, 25 AMC, 45-60DC, 15AGIL 15ACC

Make sure you arent going into the higher level WT map, (the one directly down stairs when you go into wt lobby), access via the NPC in the lobby for a slightly easier level based version of the temple.

Tao's are the only class with a summonable pets that dont require a quest, The shinsu's stats 12000HP, 150 AC, 150 AMC, 300-450DC, 240MC, 240 SC, AGIL 100, ACC 300,

so being able to summon the shinsu on demand makes tao pets one of the strongest pets in the game.

In addition to the Shinsu, deva is also a bit of heavy hitter and there are several quests to gain access to other good strong pets.

I think the main issue is actually the current lack of items due to the server being fresh and people are relying on pets more than they normally would, Once you get a few pieces of a particular class kit you will notice a dramatic difference in your killing speed, too the point where pets might slow you down. :)

(don't forget Taoists are the most complicated class out of the 3 available to use, this is amplified due to the server being fresh :) )

As for "fixing" pets so they don't get given as a reward every 5 levels, it would just make things harder for everyone, Taoists included so i'm sorry that's not a fix I will be applying.

Anyway i need to take my little girl to the doctors.

I'll be working on the item graphics for the war/wiz/tao kits when i get back and get her down for a nap.

All the best

Lone

Last edited:

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
Alright then this server isin't for me, pets are the only way to level, let's say you just start and you level from 40-42 without help and your 1 or 2 pets you get. So you log out now next time you log in you're level 42 with no pets and nowhere to go because you don't do any damage. A max level skeleton should have no problem killing wt with or without poison, it shouldnt kill it instantly, but it should be doing damage. Take a level 7 skeleton there and try it, i spent 10 mins semi afk watching my max level skeleton do 1/10 damage to wt compared to a fox pet which kills it in under 30 seconds. Try killing a cave worth being in as a level 61 tao, i have no fox pets, and a skeleton that doesn't do damage. It's impossible to level.. literally anywhere i can go sit in wt and get 50 exp a mob

Edit: Also it didn't do damage before the buff are you crazy? Normal wooma mobs killed it in 3 hits, wt would 1 hit it, even at max level.. If you are gonna tell me things at least make sure it's right. I meant fixing as in giving the pets you can only get at levels 40.45.50.55 which are the standard fox pets.. it should be given at every level.

Last edited:

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Im not being funny, rather enjoying this server Lone but has it been overlooked on how many pets one person can have? people are absolutely flying ahead on levels, Thai being one whom of which has around 20-30 fox pets I just seen all rested in @safe. Kinda unfair dont you think? he'll be able to go into any cave wipe the whole lot out without doing a single thing. Same thing goes for bosses. :S

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Im not being funny, rather enjoying this server Lone but has it been overlooked on how many pets one person can have? people are absolutely flying ahead on levels, Thai being one whom of which has around 20-30 fox pets I just seen all rested in @safe. Kinda unfair dont you think? he'll be able to go into any cave wipe the whole lot out without doing a single thing. Same thing goes for bosses. :S

Not exactly? Its not like we've exploited the pets.. Everyone has the same chance of getting them just level and dont log out, its pretty straight forward

Carribean

I abused the reputation system, now I'm stuck with
Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
he left his pic on all night long , after all it is extreme Mir :p

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Not exactly? Its not like we've exploited the pets.. Everyone has the same chance of getting them just level and dont log out, its pretty straight forward

Not being funny but not all of us can leave PC's etc on all night long, I for one have a gaming laptop and for the price I paid theres no ****ing way id leave it on all night. As everyone knows laptops dont distribute air as good as PC's i aint leading it into an early death.

I didnt say he had exploited I just said has it been overlooked? after all the pets are powerful enough.

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Not being funny but not all of us can leave PC's etc on all night long, I for one have a gaming laptop and for the price I paid theres no ****ing way id leave it on all night. As everyone knows laptops dont distribute air as good as PC's i aint leading it into an early death.

I didnt say he had exploited I just said has it been overlooked? after all the pets are powerful enough.

I didnt say that you said we had exploited, i was just clearly stating that we hadnt and its not like no body can do the same, because everyone can..

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I didnt say that you said we had exploited, i was just clearly stating that we hadnt and its not like no body can do the same, because everyone can..

To be fair he didn't say that you said that he said that you said that he said that you said that he said that you were exploiting....

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Takes you an hour to decide whether a server is for you or not because of some pets?

Apparently its going to take you an hour to realise I'm pulling ya leg. I don't give a **** about pets, you were having that argument with an entirely different person lol

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Alright then this server isin't for me, pets are the only way to level, let's say you just start and you level from 40-42 without help and your 1 or 2 pets you get. So you log out now next time you log in you're level 42 with no pets and nowhere to go because you don't do any damage. A max level skeleton should have no problem killing wt with or without poison, it shouldnt kill it instantly, but it should be doing damage. Take a level 7 skeleton there and try it, i spent 10 mins semi afk watching my max level skeleton do 1/10 damage to wt compared to a fox pet which kills it in under 30 seconds. Try killing a cave worth being in as a level 61 tao, i have no fox pets, and a skeleton that doesn't do damage. It's impossible to level.. literally anywhere i can go sit in wt and get 50 exp a mob

Edit: Also it didn't do damage before the buff are you crazy? Normal wooma mobs killed it in 3 hits, wt would 1 hit it, even at max level.. If you are gonna tell me things at least make sure it's right. I meant fixing as in giving the pets you can only get at levels 40.45.50.55 which are the standard fox pets.. it should be given at every level.

Sorry to hear this may not be the server for you but If you arent able to level past 42 on this server then im not sure if mir is even the game for you.

heres the first 6 levels exp requirements on this server (levels 40-45)

Level40=21463 (429.26 woomas at 50 exp)
Level41=23609 (472.18 woomas at 50 exp)
Level42=25970 (519.4 woomas at 50 exp)
Level43=28567 (571.34 woomas etc etc)

Level44=31424 (628.48)
Level45=34566 (691.32)

4 WTs every 25 minutes in the KR along with 652 woomas every 15 minutes in the KR, oh did i mention there is 7 different versions of the WT KR? so as for saying you cant level, i say you havent really tried. but this isnt the place for he said she said that comes below.

i could go in to the details on Bugcave or stone tomb or the first floors or zt or BDD or many different other caves but im sure if you spent some time wondering round and actually trying your character you would find the exp isnt a problem to get.

I tested taoists before i launched the server, if you use them right you dont have problems killing WT or leveling I assure you.

If you really struggle to level shout for help and someone will more than likely take you out for a run and get you going.

The main bit we disagree on is the fact that you think skellie should be as strong as if not stronger than a boss character - albeit a low level boss character. This simply isnt the case, taoists are very strong on this server, they always have been and always will be. we had to add thinks to the game to allow the other classes to combat various taoist spells. if you decide not to put in any time to a character then you wont see the benefits and abilities of that character.

As for Thai's fox army - he hasn't actually logged off since the server went live and due to not having problems we haven't had to reboot the server. so the army has survived - there's nothing really terrible about this.

also a benefit of this army of pets is that Thai has been taking those that ask on leveling runs so they can start their own army of pets or just gain a load of exp in a short time (he is nice i promise)

I am aware that some people arent able to keep their gaming machines online 24/7 this can be a pain and a disadvantage in the same way that someone with a gaming machine has an advantage in a pvp fight against someone on a bog standard pc. The internet isnt a fair place and i hate it because of that but its what we need to live with >.< that being said

the one things that i was considering doing with the Pets (because the huge armies become unmanageable in caves) is some kind of trade in scheme, so you could upgrade the pets you currently have - I need to have a mess around with the checkslave command to see what can be done with this. (hopefully something can be done)

If im able to do a trade in for it, im sure ill be able to figure out a pet storage system as well so you would be able to store your pets before log outs (im fairly sure we did something like this before, i just need to work things out {mainly the limitations of the file set})

As for the he said she said he said she said ted said bed head metal bed toast cheese ham beans carrots spuds dog food ice cream sandwich talk.

I find that quite amusing :) just please don't let it escalate into a full blown party riot :)

anyway instead of spending more time on the forum I really need to get some work done, but that will have to be after dinner now.

In closing I hope you do stay Positive, or maybe give the server another try in a couple of weeks when there's more people about to group up with.

as for those that are having fun and enjoying it, im really glad, do keep the ideas coming in.

*Credit to Pieface for the level up pet trade in option* - (but hes my little bro so im stealing all credit for it if it works!)

All the best

Lone

Last edited:

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I completely agree the internet has its advantages and disadvantages in a way i just think this is one that could be changed (Im not trying to whinge or moan about it im just honestly giving a opinion im sure many others will come to vent about in the servers future.)

Also iv never spoken to Thai and therefor dont know the guy so I wont judge him so my apologies if I came across as a picky prick it just happened to be Thai's 34 or 36 pets I counted. He probably is a nice guy i dont doubt that.

Musn't be many other nice people though them buggers aint offered to take me leveling! -_- but yes a pet save option and trade in option would be fantastic. Makes it a little fair for those of us that cant leave our gaming rigs turned on or just simply dont want to.