Mir Extreme 2.3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
I completely agree the internet has its advantages and disadvantages in a way i just think this is one that could be changed (Im not trying to whinge or moan about it im just honestly giving a opinion im sure many others will come to vent about in the servers future.)

Also iv never spoken to Thai and therefor dont know the guy so I wont judge him so my apologies if I came across as a picky prick it just happened to be Thai's 34 or 36 pets I counted. He probably is a nice guy i dont doubt that.

Musn't be many other nice people though them buggers aint offered to take me leveling! -_- but yes a pet save option and trade in option would be fantastic. Makes it a little fair for those of us that cant leave our gaming rigs turned on or just simply dont want to.

You might of bumped in to Thai when using his Wiz character on other servers, goes by the name of Penny normally when on a wiz (hes been fairly well known among older mir players as being someone that can geek mir rather well and has a lot of time to play so hes a good person to stay friendly with and an annoying one to piss off lol) :)

I wasn't seeing you as a picky prick at all :P the feedback is whats needed, it causes discussion which is what improves servers :) (it also reinforces some other peoples comments so its all good :) )

Dont forget this is mir :) dont wait for offers of leveling, badger the higher levels as much as you can without becoming a pain in the bum :) I do believe a horn dropped and a guild was created so it might be a good idea to search out Thai and request an invite to the guild :) (I believe Thai was a leader last time i looked.)

As with any mmo working in teams often pays off much better than working solo, those that are higher levels at the moment are the people that know this fact well and have already banded together to reap the rewards :) so i'd definately suggest joining the guild if you can (im fairly sure you can, normally when a server starts one guild exists until an argument about cheese occurs then the guild splits and long term rivals are created :) Im looking forward to seeing whose on whose side this time next month lol)

anyway i gotta get to work!

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
What's user count on this might give it a try, but I don't like the 2.3 res :/

Its closed-ish beta, so the usercount doesnt really mean much atm.

When I've been on yesterday and the day before the count was between 10-18. That's with 25-30 people invited though so bear that in mind

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
ahh nice not bad,

is there anyway to change the res in game? just everything on 2.3 looks way to big to me anyways maybe others too.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
ahh nice not bad,

is there anyway to change the res in game? just everything on 2.3 looks way to big to me anyways maybe others too.

Unfortunately theres not but you learn to get used to it again, after all its been like this since the beginning just we've gotten used to chronicles/c# and the others with the high resolution.

Blame TD he made the files ;)

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
I never said that i haven't leveled past 42. I said quote on quote "let's say you just start this server". Please, read into the details if you're gonna reply to the post. I am a level 62 tao and the only way i can level is if someone with pets levels me until i hit 65 so i can get pets, then not log out so i keep the pets.

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
mul·ti·ple per·son·al·i·ty
nounPsychology

noun: multiple-personality disorder

• a rare dissociative disorder in which two or more personalities with distinct memories and behavior patterns apparently exist in one individual.
    "multiple-personality disorder"

Good luck with your server penny :)

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
nounPsychology

• a rare dissociative disorder in which two or more personalities with distinct memories and behavior patterns apparently exist in one individual.

A rival server owner causing drama? Explain

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
I never said that i haven't leveled past 42. I said quote on quote "let's say you just start this server". Please, read into the details if you're gonna reply to the post. I am a level 62 tao and the only way i can level is if someone with pets levels me until i hit 65 so i can get pets, then not log out so i keep the pets.

I don't recall reading anything about you being level 62. all i was reading was you complaining about not being able to level past 42 without pets.

you're now telling me that you cant level solo above level 62.. As i said before, this might not be the server for you.
No one else so far has mentioned (ever) that its hard to level on this server.

Please stop going on about how bad you are at leveling without someone to do the work for you.

Leveling speed is relative, you will always level faster if you are leaching from someone who has lots of pets rather than working solo without pets.

You need to see my side of things, Theres 30 people that keep telling me the server is great and they are really enjoying it and then one person saying this is impossible to level on.

in my experience the majority is usually correct (usually - not always!)

Judging by your LOMCN join date, i assume you are new to Mir? as i have no clue about your background i have no clue as to your experience level. but just for kicks heres mine briefly (detailing all 15 years would take a while).

Started Mir back in euro beta started in the second week all the way back in June 2001
Play dragon server until Phoenix was launched.
Ended up leaving Phoenix due to all the chinese hackers.using mir lander.
Started playing 1.4 private servers.
Progressed to 1.9 servers.
Started working for Mental at ragezone moderating their forum.
Moved to Mir Revenge after a stupid argument between management, i sided with the person who was right at the time and had my Ragezone powers removed.
Worked with Mir Revenge as a forum Mod and then moved on to GMing.
After GMing and forum modding, i ended up taking over Extreme server from someone named Hollywood who had a fall out with management (not Hollywoods fault)
After running Mir extreme for several months I helped my wife bring up her own low rate server which we ran side by side with the extreme server.
After discovering Mir Revenge management had been taking our server payments and not actually sending them to the hosting company, i had to rescue the servers from the hosting company who refused to allow anyone to connect to the servers until the bill was paid. over £1000 was taken by the Mir Revenge management.
After rescuing the server files, we ran both servers until we got sick and tired of complete prats being complete prats with regards to playing a game we were offering for free.
4 years past with minimal mir playing (i did jump between several different servers for a while but nothing took my fancy.)
I got bored of all the requests to put extreme server back online, so i decided to launch it again.
and here we are:-

So I'm working with 11-14 years (depending if you include my 4 year break) of mir experience which spans playing/modding/GMing/Hosting

If you could give me/others a brief overview of your mir background, people will be able to assess your experience and ability to compare this server with others you have tried.

for instance i can almost certainly guarantee that you never played Euro mir. otherwise you would be leveling like a mad man on here. (i.e Euro was harder)

Anyway i have once again spent time responding to you where i could of instead been fixing drops or adjusting the graphics or working fixing other currently broken things or working on my survivor lms idea or the zombie town invasion or the countless other ideas i have been having since put the server back online.

If you wish to keep playing the server, then please do, if you wish to leave the server thats totally up to you. No one mir server will cater for all players.

Anyone that already knew my background were you impressed that i didnt mention lapta once :P (dammit)

All the best

Lone

---------- Post Merged at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:46 AM ----------

nounPsychology

By the way, Im not Penny, im Lone - Thai is Penny. Lone is Lone

2 different people (In fact Thai/Penny is my Real life Dad :) )

So no multiple personality disorders here :P (well thats what stan my imaginary friend tells me.)

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
So far nothing terrible has happened to require a wipe, so at the moment No there wont be a wipe at the end of the beta. (this may be subject to change depending on what happens.)

Am I right in saying this is still currently in closed beta testing Lone? If so surely you will reconsider wiping after testing is complete? I have been keeping an eye out for when this server goes live as I'm interested in playing, however I just don't have the time to participate in testing, and thought best to leave that to people with more time on their hands to properly assess the servers needs. If this beta was open to everyone then I would understand the possibility of not wiping, however closed beta testing should definitely warrant a wipe.

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
I never stated my level the whole time, you assumed. We've talked in guild chat and people know the only way to level is pets, you being Thai/s son or whatever should know pets are the only way to level and at level 62, you don't get any pets. So i would need someone to level me until i would be level 65 to get a pet, so i can actually level decently. I never said the server wasn't great i said the only way to level is with 1 or more of the fox pets. You can sit in your own fantasy world of whatever. Level yourself to 62 as a tao without a fox pet, summon your skel which doesn't do much damage if any unless mobs are red poisoned. Tell me how fast you level with all of your experience.

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Am I right in saying this is still currently in closed beta testing Lone? If so surely you will reconsider wiping after testing is complete? I have been keeping an eye out for when this server goes live as I'm interested in playing, however I just don't have the time to participate in testing, and thought best to leave that to people with more time on their hands to properly assess the servers needs. If this beta was open to everyone then I would understand the possibility of not wiping, however closed beta testing should definitely warrant a wipe.

It is closed in so much as im limiting people getting connected, so we dont end up with lag causing problems and gives me a chance to get back into the swing of hosting again. there havent been any increase exp events or any boss spawns or any major changes that really needed the a closed beta in the broader sense of the term, - so far we havent had any signs of lag so i am gradually sending out more invites to those that have signed up.

As i have said all along, i dont like wiping servers, its a kick in the plums for those that have put in effort and i will only wipe the server if it needs it - this doesnt mean to say i wont wipe a server, but so far we dont have any need to wipe it.

the only real bug that could of been a game changer was i left some event mob drops in, but that was corrected before anyone else found the issue so it was a quick tidy up.

So at the moment, the server wont be getting wiped (it was already in a very good state due it being the old extreme server back online without a huge amount of changes)

I never stated my level the whole time, you assumed. We've talked in guild chat and people know the only way to level is pets, you being Thai/s son or whatever should know pets are the only way to level and at level 62, you don't get any pets. So i would need someone to level me until i would be level 65 to get a pet, so i can actually level decently. I never said the server wasn't great i said the only way to level is with 1 or more of the fox pets. You can sit in your own fantasy world of whatever. Level yourself to 62 as a tao without a fox pet, summon your skel which doesn't do much damage if any unless mobs are red poisoned. Tell me how fast you level with all of your experience.

taoists have always been the slowest leveling characters if you had played any other servers you would be aware of this. i wont be able to change that, its a fact its part of mir. They were initally a support class - you should of seen them before we improved them.

red poison is a vital part of any taoists playing style, if you are annoyed at having to use it to make your character better then i once again say this might not be the game for you.

at level 62 you should have plenty of kit to not even need a pet.

using level 50 kit.
lvl50 ring x2
lvl51 brace x2
lvl 52 neck
lvl 53 sword

you would have 51-126 SC, thats not including a stone or armour or torch or anything else you'd be able to find along the way.

If you cant level with that i dont know whats wrong with your playing style.

Relying on a pet which is designed for much lower level use is a pointless arguement - go find shinsu and then tell me tao pets are pointless.

I haven't created a server where you can simply spawn 1 skellie and then sit in safezone whilst it does all the work.

you need to put some effort in yourself.

your argument about not being able to level is plain wrong, its a fact, you can level with just a wooden stick and killing hens so stop saying you cant level, you are simply complaining that other people are leveling quicker than you because they have pets.

Get over it or move on, I'm fed up of wasting time responding to your pointless untruths.

I don't need to level myself to level 62 to test things im quite happy leveling my lvl 54 playing character at the moment plus i have played through it multiple times and so have over 7,000 other characters last time the server was online, they didnt have any problems, i truly don't see why you do.

All the best

Lone

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
It is closed in so much as im limiting people getting connected, so we dont end up with lag causing problems and gives me a chance to get back into the swing of hosting again. there havent been any increase exp events or any boss spawns or any major changes that really needed the a closed beta in the broader sense of the term, - so far we havent had any signs of lag so i am gradually sending out more invites to those that have signed up.

As i have said all along, i dont like wiping servers, its a kick in the plums for those that have put in effort and i will only wipe the server if it needs it - this doesnt mean to say i wont wipe a server, but so far we dont have any need to wipe it.

the only real bug that could of been a game changer was i left some event mob drops in, but that was corrected before anyone else found the issue so it was a quick tidy up.

So at the moment, the server wont be getting wiped (it was already in a very good state due it being the old extreme server back online without a huge amount of changes)

Lone

You don't see any need to reboot, after having a closed beta. You referred to it on here, and on your site as that, and it is. It's closed to the general public. The people who have been playing now have at least 1 week advantage.

Mir is a competitive game and a lot of players gain most of their enjoyment from the competition. I just like the pve aspects, but most want fair/competitive pvp.

I know already that you are going to reply to this with a 'its not that unfair', 'thats mir' and 'its my server' flair, as your other posts can be boiled down to. But it is, and there will be a large number of people thinking the same.

The bottom line in my opinion is that you have built and released the server to cater for a small selection of people (a few people have said there is family ties involved, but i don't care about that here).

I wish you luck with it, but I'll be uninstalling. I really remember enjoying the original Extreme too, so its shame for me :S

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Shame to see you go, but as i said previously I haven't ruled out a wipe, if the majority of people playing the beta request a wipe at the end then I'll support the decision, but so far no one is really fighting for a wipe, they've only been asking if there will be one, and at the moment there isn't any need for one (on a bug related front that is)

The claims of building the server for family or a small selection of people isn't really accurate - Thai was involved in a big way with structuring the server the first time round. but so far other than bug testing and playing there hasn't been much involvement server side at all.

Baddog/Pieface (Older/younger Brothers) Have made suggestions, some of which were added last time round but the majority of which, didn't ever see the light of day mainly because they are more PVP orientated and im more PVE orientated.

I have added many things to the game which have been suggested by many different people as the server has developed and don't forget we are currently only on the 4th full day of the server being online again, so nothing game changing has been added yet, so far its a few fixes and lots of graphic changes (the request for which came from players other than my family)

I welcome constructive feedback, over 7000 characters were created last time the server was online, the majority of those characters enjoyed the server (yourself included by the sounds of it) Nothing has really changed since then.

So as I said its a shame to see you go but I understand its not for everyone and wish you good fortune in whatever you move on too.

I do hope you come back or find something you do enjoy doing.

All the best

Lone

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Shame to see you go, but as i said previously I haven't ruled out a wipe, if the majority of people playing the beta request a wipe at the end then I'll support the decision, but so far no one is really fighting for a wipe, they've only been asking if there will be one, and at the moment there isn't any need for one (on a bug related front that is)

To each there own, and that's your choice. You are the admin, and I respect your call. I can play or not play, not my place to dictate :) I would be careful with that thought process though, "the people already involved and benefitting from the 'no-wipe' scenario don't seem to want a wipe'. Hopefully you understand the 'dangers' there.

Perhaps if I can suggest a poll, 'who will play and wants a wipe'? or something. Again your call, just my 2 cents, not trying to force the issue.

The claims of building the server for family or a small selection of people isn't really accurate - Thai was involved in a big way with structuring the server the first time round. but so far other than bug testing and playing there hasn't been much involvement server side at all.

I'm not even sure who Thai is, I know he's highest level but I don't care about him/her. I don't think I've mentioned them, and don't intend to. Fair play to them.

Baddog/Pieface (Older/younger Brothers) Have made suggestions, some of which were added last time round but the majority of which, didn't ever see the light of day mainly because they are more PVP orientated and im more PVE orientated.

Why are they not official GM's if they are involved? It's good to see you openly admit they are family, the amount of drama this could cause if the wrong person found out and spouted nonsense lol. Good old Mir :D

I have added many things to the game which have been suggested by many different people as the server has developed and don't forget we are currently only on the 4th full day of the server being online again, so nothing game changing has been added yet, so far its a few fixes and lots of graphic changes (the request for which came from players other than my family)

I welcome constructive feedback, over 7000 characters were created last time the server was online, the majority of those characters enjoyed the server (yourself included by the sounds of it) Nothing has really changed since then.

So as I said its a shame to see you go but I understand its not for everyone and wish you good fortune in whatever you move on too.

I do hope you come back or find something you do enjoy doing.

All the best

Lone

I hope to play, and with my time constraints I'm never going to be full top tier player. But I definitely wont play properly without everyone having a level starting field. The pet thing seems a terrible idea to me, but this in itself isn't something that would stop me playing.

I'll keep an eye on server though, as any live server is good news.

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
There was a few things i found but now im sat at work iv completely forgotten.

I know one of them is DarkDevil in 50-69 BDD, what happened to this guy? Was his parents dwarfs? He's around 2 foot nothing. Also mobs graphics is slighlty displaced when your hitting him.

Im sure ill remember the others eventually!

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
I was planning on playing i got a closed beta position but, i always thought the majority of time if your having a closed beta then there will actually be a wipe? as like stated above its a competitive game and yeah it gives an unfair advantage. i havent really played much personally since i just haven't had the time but was looking forward to when the server was actually going to kick off, but i sure as hell doubt i'd play now knowing if there isnt currently a wipe i don't feel as though i fancy playing catchup or even attempting.

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
It's a high rate server theres hardly much of a catch up, I started leveling yesterday i done from 43-60 in a few hours just running through ST maze then to ST KR yhen back to maze vice versa