A New server opportunity for everyone.

smoochy boys on tour

BambooPandaX

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 21, 2015
Hi all,
My name is Andy, I own and run an IT and Telecommuncations company, and have done for the last 10 years.
I also played EuroMir server from beta to close and loved it.

The guys have done an amazing job with CrystalMir, and I would like to see Mir back up and running to its former glory with as many people playing it as possible. So i have the below propersition for anyone who is interested. If this isnt for you I would much appreciate it if you could pass this on to people you may know who could be interested.

The Proposition
My company will provide the server(or servers as required), the software and the connection 100% free of charge for ever, unless everyhting goes to plan(*read on).
I say forever and mean it, becuase i want a server I know is never going to go off line and myself and others lose all their hard work. To answer how we can do that: we are a large enough company that this wont impact on us. We have a lot of servers running various services. This puts us in a prime position to be able to do this. The reason why is simply I love the orignal euro mir and have the passion to do this.
I will give the game a marketing budget to get more people in. Facebook, twitter, banners and other online mediums will be used.

The Long Term Plan
If we get enough people on the server and it goes well then we will start charging a monthly fee to play. Something low but enough for poeple to care about their account. A third of everything we take will go to the crystalMir developers, how the logistics on that would work i dont know, but i will talk with the site admins. The point is those who have taken the time to make CrystalMir should benefit from it.

Who am I looking for to help with this?
Passionate people. People who care about Mir and who know the CrystalMir set up or are willing to learn. Poeple who can do stuff like drop files, changing NPC dialouge to suit our server and everyhting else needed. These people will go on to become the games GM's if they want to as well as continue tweaking of the game.
A bit later on we will then look at getting a programmer in.

If the server does well then these people will also get part of the money. BUT initially like me, it is a labour of love.
If we dont get the people in and we are never in a position to start charging then the end result is a stable mir server where no one has to ever worry about running costs and in turn will never go off line.

The game server is up and running already, but not had anyhting done to it really and im likely to reinstall as i was messing around to get my head around it.
If you are interested in this then post here any questions you have. Once we have at team of poeple organised I will give you all my credentials so you know we can provide all of the above.

This could be something really awesome and its no lose for everyone.
Come and be part of something amazing.

I'm looking forward to working with you.
Andy

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Sounds very interesting. Something like this is definitely what people would like to see for sure, however when you stated you loved euro mir what does this mean to the server your proposing? If your offering lifetime services I imagine you would like it as close to euro as you can in terms of exp and drop rates?

Additionally what are these crystal files like? Iv never read into them. Can they compete with all other servers e.g Mir Chronicles, Apocalypse (when it is released) or any other top servers. How will you compete to up keep a decent server count?

I like the idea of monthly subscriptions like Euro Mir provided as it suggests professionalism, but will we be provided with professional services?

I only asked all the above as I'm actually rather intrigued.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
Hey, I just read the stuff you posted.
One question, though:
Can you leave your Skype or something?How do we contact you?
That's all I wanted to ask.I'm interested.

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Additionally what are these crystal files like? Iv never read into them. Can they compete with all other servers e.g Mir Chronicles, Apocalypse (when it is released) or any other top servers. How will you compete to up keep a decent server count?

Apocalypse will be using a custom edited version of the crystal files (previously known as the C# files) ... I'm interested in seeing how the files do when a server is running in a live situation and not just from my pc hehe

having a stable long lasting server is great and it would probably get a fair amount of interest from people checking it out, I would say that players do also need reasurance that any bugs are going to be fixed, cheats dealt with, updates and new content regularly so they don't get bored and leave

hope it works out for you :) ill keep an eye out for your server

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Apocalypse will be using a custom edited version of the crystal files (previously known as the C# files) ... I'm interested in seeing how the files do when a server is running in a live situation and not just from my pc hehe

having a stable long lasting server is great and it would probably get a fair amount of interest from people checking it out, I would say that players do also need reasurance that any bugs are going to be fixed, cheats dealt with, updates and new content regularly so they don't get bored and leave

hope it works out for you :) ill keep an eye out for your server

Thank you.

I didnt realised C# had been renamed to Crystal I havent been around on lomcn for a good 3month or more.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Hi all,
My name is Andy, I own and run an IT and Telecommuncations company, and have done for the last 10 years.

The guys have done an amazing job with CrystalMir, and I would like to see Mir back up and running to its former glory with as many people playing it as possible. So i have the below propersition for anyone who is interested. If this isnt for you I would much appreciate it if you could pass this on to people you may know who could be interested.

The Proposition
My company will provide the server(or servers as required), the software and the connection 100% free of charge for ever, unless everyhting goes to plan(*read on).
I say forever and mean it, becuase i want a server I know is never going to go off line and myself and others lose all their hard work. To answer how we can do that: we are a large enough company that this wont impact on us. We have a lot of servers running various services. This puts us in a prime position to be able to do this. The reason why is simply I love the orignal euro mir and have the passion to do this.
I will give the game a marketing budget to get more people in. Facebook, twitter, banners and other online mediums will be used.

The Long Term Plan
If we get enough people on the server and it goes well then we will start charging a monthly fee to play. Something low but enough for poeple to care about their account. A third of everything we take will go to the crystalMir developers, how the logistics on that would work i dont know, but i will talk with the site admins. The point is those who have taken the time to make CrystalMir should benefit from it.

Passionate people. People who care about Mir and who know the CrystalMir set up or are willing to learn. Poeple who can do stuff like drop files, changing NPC dialouge to suit our server and everyhting else needed. These people will go on to become the games GM's if they want to as well as continue tweaking of the game.

If the server does well then these people will also get part of the money. BUT initially like me, it is a labour of love.
If we dont get the people in and we are never in a position to start charging then the end result is a stable mir server where no one has to ever worry about running costs and in turn will never go off line.

The game server is up and running already, but not had anyhting done to it really and im likely to reinstall as i was messing around to get my head around it.
If you are interested in this then post here any questions you have. Once we have at team of poeple organised I will give you all my credentials so you know we can provide all of the above.

Andy

Andy what is your main account name on here?

I am always dubious when I see newly registered accounts posting threads such as this, as quite a few have turned out to be previous members with bad reputations they feel they need to hide. I'm not suggesting this is the case with you, however I'm sure you understand my concerns and would have no issue disclosing this if it isn't the case.

Good luck with the server.

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire

I am always dubious when I see newly registered accounts posting threads such as this, as quite a few have turned out to be previous members with bad reputations they feel they need to hide. I'm not suggesting this is the case with you, however I'm sure you understand my concerns and would have no issue disclosing this if it isn't the case.

I Also kinda think this lol.......

Hi all,

The Proposition

The Long Term Plan

Andy

how would people know u aint just out here to steal the most up to date files, do you have any proof of u owning these servers and if so would you be able to post some info on the servers that you so called own...

This does sound like a really good idea and i aint judging u, just to be fair it sounds 2 gd to be true :)

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
If he wrote a wall of text it doesn't mean he's a guy with bad rep?

BambooPandaX

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 21, 2015
Hi guys,

I'll answer all your questions up to now here.

Once we have a team organised ill give you my mobile number and company number and skype.

BambooPandaX is my main account and only account on here. I understand being a bit dubious, but I will verify myself for want of a better word to all those invloved before any work starts etc.

how would people know u aint just out here to steal the most up to date files, do you have any proof of u owning these servers and if so would you be able to post some info on the servers that you so called own...

This does sound like a really good idea and i aint judging u, just to be fair it sounds 2 gd to be true

Yeah fair enough, but again I will verify all i have offered. Im glad you said it sounds too good to be true because to me that says we have a chance of making this awesome and its a good opportunity for everyone :)

I'm gonna leave this here for a day or two more to see if it gets any more interest, then ill start pming people etc. Keep any questions you have coming.

Andy

Hey, I just read the stuff you posted.
One question, though:
That's all I wanted to ask.I'm interested.

I Also kinda think this lol.......

This does sound like a really good idea and i aint judging u, just to be fair it sounds 2 gd to be true :)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
He checks out.

So you only played Euro mir? What after that? How did you find us?

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
This does sound to good to be true.

Sounds like your asking people to come together to make you a server to host?
Cool if you succeed.

Getting people top pay to play Mir? your joking, people out here make awesome servers and allow people to play for free.

if you want people to care about the accounts - proove them wrong, make a server and keep it online like a few other servers are doing right now??

All the best thou in getting a team and going for it :)

SMT

BambooPandaX

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 21, 2015
So you only played Euro mir? What after that? How did you find us?
I found a Mir group on facebook that was quite active. Someone on there posted a new server Guiardians Of Light, on their forum they talked about the c# files and that lead me here :)

Sounds like your asking people to come together to make you a server to host

Im asking people if they want to be part of a team. I cant do everything myself, I dont have the skill set.

Getting people top pay to play Mir? your joking, people out here make awesome servers and allow people to play for free.
You may well be right, but it seems to me Mir is now only for the hard core fans, most people have never heard about it. Im willing to spend money to see if we can make this work, getting new people in. If we dont get people in and only end up with a couple of hundred then so what, my prmoise still stands, ill leave this server running forever, its no detrement to me or my company and I get to feel good about doing something for a lot of people who have a lot of love for Mir.

Andy

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I found a Mir group on facebook that was quite active. Someone on there posted a new server Guiardians Of Light, on their forum they talked about the c# files and that lead me here :)

Im asking people if they want to be part of a team. I cant do everything myself, I dont have the skill set.

You may well be right, but it seems to me Mir is now only for the hard core fans, most people have never heard about it. Im willing to spend money to see if we can make this work, getting new people in. If we dont get people in and only end up with a couple of hundred then so what, my prmoise still stands, ill leave this server running forever, its no detrement to me or my company and I get to feel good about doing something for a lot of people who have a lot of love for Mir.

Andy

If you're hosting on your work servers I hope you have hefty dos protection. Unfortunately that's kind of a thing we have to put up with

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Sounds interesting, monthly fee could be a downer though - Would be much better sticking to GameShop like all the other servers do. That way it can be free to play but but invest if you wish.

Also, any jobs going at your company? :P

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Obviously it sounds like a great offer and if something came of it, I'd be willing to help.

That said, if money's no problem, why not contact Wemade/YD online to buy a UK franchise.
They always shied away from offers in the past but if you're a bone fide company that they can check up on, you never know where it might lead.

Just my two penneth.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Obviously it sounds like a great offer and if something came of it, I'd be willing to help.

That said, if money's no problem, why not contact Wemade/YD online to buy a UK franchise.
They always shied away from offers in the past but if you're a bone fide company that they can check up on, you never know where it might lead.

Just my two penneth.

He has an IT company not a game corp

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
He has an IT company not a game corp

Indeed, however, I was alluding to a company that actually has the ability to finance such a project rather than some enthusiastic kid in his bedroom over the summer holidays.

Still don't think they'd play ball though.

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Daft question here really...what do you mean by...
The Proposition
unless everyhting goes to plan(*read on).

before any one comments on the spelling that's a copy and paste lol....Yes I do know how to spell the word EVERYTHING lmao. I just copied and pasted from Panda's post.

Last edited:

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Daft question here really...what do you mean by... .........

before any one comments on the spelling that's a copy and past lol....Yes I do know how to spell the word EVERYTHING lmao. I just copied and pasted from Panda's post.
But can't spell paste? ;)