[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Re: Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

I always thought blade storm was called slice n dice! I must have played a private server or something ><.

Sam

Slice n' dice was the original name when we first got the translated EI files. So many skills back then were named better than they are today.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

It also upgrades to MaelstromBlade at a much higher level, think that can be seen on the current GSP files?:

bladestorm.gif
malestrom.gif
shouldnt that make the mob flinch multiple times? Lazy coding!! :P

Looks nice though, not sure I agree with the mir3/mir2 merge though.. id keep them seperate personally

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury

Will your mir 3 server run like the ones atm? they all need virtual machines to make them run above 5 fps.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Will your mir 3 server run like the ones atm? they all need virtual machines to make them run above 5 fps.

nah the mir 3 would run on the same files chronicles are using just converting the mir 3 classes over along with the maps ect.

the game should run as smooth as chronicles does now.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Built on our am2 engine, so will run similarly to our mir2 server.

Sam

Reactions: Easie

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland

Hi Sam

A friend told me about your idea,i play mir 3 could never get into mir 2
will your server look like mir 2 or mir 3 as in the graphics

Cheers

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Hi Sam

A friend told me about your idea,i play mir 3 could never get into mir 2
will your server look like mir 2 or mir 3 as in the graphics

Cheers

Hey fusion,

It will use mir3 graphics and maps :).

Sam

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

even the walking graphic in mir2 is diferent than mir3

wich one you will use? because you told when events such as War will be with mir2 world + mir3 world - what walking graphic you will use then?

AceM2 engine is based on mir2 not mir3, even with that mir3 graphic it will feel like mir2ish

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes

Mir2 characters will use mir2 image libraries, mir3 characters will use mir3 image libraries, not sure what you mean?

mir3walk.gif

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004

Hiyup. currently getting server authentication failed. Accepts login credentials etc.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes

Hiyup. currently getting server authentication failed. Accepts login credentials etc.

This is a known problem that's been plaguing us for a while; keep trying it will work.

The fix is known but is a fairly big change that just hasn't been done yet >,<

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

erm maybe because some people pref mir 2 classes?

i really like chronicle's dev team project and its very ambitious but :

think you have a hourglass, one is chronicles mir2 and one is mir3, the one side you turn up is the side your atention is less and you focus on the bottom side

will be interesting to see, look at mir3 usercount if you add all mir3 servers annouced here + underground ones, you maybe get 90 individual players
do you think the chronicles mir3 will have only mir3 players? trust me, more than 50% will come from chronicles mir2 + the curious players

who will lose?

( its not a hate post, im just curious how samuel thinks about this project )

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

i really like chronicle's dev team project and its very ambitious but :

think you have a hourglass, one is chronicles mir2 and one is mir3, the one side you turn up is the side your atention is less and you focus on the bottom side

will be interesting to see, look at mir3 usercount if you add all mir3 servers annouced here + underground ones, you maybe get 90 individual players
do you think the chronicles mir3 will have only mir3 players? trust me, more than 50% will come from chronicles mir2 + the curious players

who will lose?

( its not a hate post, im just curious how samuel thinks about this project )

they said the end result would be to make the mir2 and mir3 server into one with all classes on after balance was adjusted between the events.

(sabuk fights ect)

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

they said the end result would be to make the mir2 and mir3 server into one with all classes on after balance was adjusted between the events.

(sabuk fights ect)

think logic please, if they would merge into one server ( wich is nearly impossible ) then what graphic library will use? how lilcooldoode told : mir2 server use mir2 graphic library and mir3 server use mir3 graphic library
now tell me that they will make AceM2 engine reading both library (impossible because its so much differente on mir3 and 2 ) and i will go to church and be a monk

its impossible to have a Warrior ( mir2 ) and a Warrior (mir3) standing each other near in BichonProvince ( warrior mir2 to have mir2 graphic armors and all + warrior mir3 to have mir 3 graphics )

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes

Theres seems to be some confusion; there will not be 2 servers, everybody will be on the same server but separated by different maps, crossing from a mir2 map into a mir3 map would be as simple as walking into a doorway but to begin with the maps will not be linked together.

@zedina, nothing is impossible! :)
mir2mir3.gif