[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
Re: Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

Funny how you think ppl actually quest on this server.
Level 40 can be achieved in one hour if not less (without exp potion).
Not solo it can't, what you can achieve with a level 70 luck+7 friend is considerably different to what you can achieve as a new player with no friends or willing mentors.

Why would anyone want to start on a server with average current user count in the 30's where everyone is level 65-70.

Chronicles did a very good job of catering for new players with "catch up" experience.
It's a 50% buff for everyone below a certain level and there are instances for bosses to ensure you get the chance to kill the best part of the low-mid level bosses uncontested to help gear you up.

I completely agree though that the appeal to anyone except the most hardcore is non existent at the moment. a new casual will never catch up and that's perfectly fine to protect the long term players investment but also hinders new users.
A fresh continent would cover both areas, especially if they can pull off mixed sabuk wars, where the biggest guilds from continent A fight against B (once B have had time to develop) but do not mix at all beyond "server wars"

Imagine back in the day is dragon could have fought phoenix for sabuk.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

chronicles is still the most advanced mir2 server with good dev team
what happens now on server its just natural ups and downs

new servers always took most of ppls on mir2/3 but this doesnt matter... it matters what gms do to make a big comeback

and before you ask what a mir3 owner/gm speak on a mir2 server advert :
samuel and his team always been kind to me and showed support, they one of few ppls that worth to keep friendly connections

No judgement made, I've always preferred Mir 3 but never caught the launch of a good stable Mir 3 server (seems yours is one of the only ones going with good numbers) so recently been resigned to Mir 2 servers mainly because that seems to be where the community lies.

I'll just keep hovering in the shadows and popping back from time to time, see when the next big server drops.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

It is a fundamental floor in Mir as an MMO really (Or at least our approach to Mir as a community)... I do wonder how MMO's cater to new verse existing players... I know many use some sort of level cap system (which I guess we have to an extent)... But I am not sure how effective these are.

The challenge is keeping the game engaging and fun at all levels both new and old, unfortunately, for many members in the community it is more competition based, ie I can never be the best, so I won't try.

Sam

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

It is a fundamental floor in Mir as an MMO really (Or at least our approach to Mir as a community)... I do wonder how MMO's cater to new verse existing players... I know many use some sort of level cap system (which I guess we have to an extent)... But I am not sure how effective these are.

The challenge is keeping the game engaging and fun at all levels both new and old, unfortunately, for many members in the community it is more competition based, ie I can never be the best, so I won't try.

Sam
The only way I've found to keep things interesting and get players to return / new players to join is with the same style that WoW uses with big expansions which increase the level cap and a bunch of new content. Its basically releasing a new game.

Works well for high rates, but feel like its not quite the same with a low rate...

I don't think its any different for any MMO or any game in general though, it all gets boring, people quit but will return if theres new stuff.

The mentality of not even trying a server because its been up "too long" is just retarded, don't think you'll ever change the minds of these people

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

ie I can never be the best, so I won't try.

+1 to this.

I'm not going to deny that I've found myself in that boat. I've looked at servers and thought... it looks good, but I don't know anybody and there's no way that I could possibly catch up as I can only play during the evenings.

I've personally always like the idea of the 'mentorship' where a high level gains benefits from helping newer players to the server. The high level (experienced) player receives a small boost / perk which boosts their gameplay, whilst the newer level rises substantially and gets to grip with the server.

The only issue is that teams / groups will milk this dry.

The only way I've found to keep things interesting and get players to return / new players to join is with the same style that WoW uses with big expansions which increase the level cap and a bunch of new content. Its basically releasing a new game.

+1 to this.

People love new stuff. period.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

+1 to this.

I'm not going to deny that I've found myself in that boat. I've looked at servers and thought... it looks good, but I don't know anybody and there's no way that I could possibly catch up as I can only play during the evenings.

I've personally always like the idea of the 'mentorship' where a high level gains benefits from helping newer players to the server. The high level (experienced) player receives a small boost / perk which boosts their gameplay, whilst the newer level rises substantially and gets to grip with the server.

The only issue is that teams / groups will milk this dry.

+1 to this.

People love new stuff. period.

Yeah I completely agree, but as you say people will milk it, using alts to gain a boost all of the time.

Sam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

Not solo it can't, what you can achieve with a level 70 luck+7 friend is considerably different to what you can achieve as a new player with no friends or willing mentors.

First of all you don't need lvl 70 for that and it can be done without luck 7 aswell.
And most people that still play mir do it because they have friends, old school friends, or even family that play it, and even if you have no friends there are plenty of nice people

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Yeah I completely agree, but as you say people will milk it, using alts to gain a boost all of the time.

Sam
be still good for the usercount, doesn't really matter if people hit level caps nd what not doesn't really make anyone stronger its all about the kit and player skill.

by far the best mir 2 files iv played on, just need some new content/events to bring players back, some player/gm interaction as its been kinda not soo good in the past.

Last edited:

MaNnY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003

I would not recommend this server. Too many false promises from GM staff. They punished exploits when there were 200+ players online but only this week their coding has been caused another exploit that players have used to create luck 7 weapons, in which this time round the GMs are not punishing players. Rules change for whom the issue has occured with. Would not recommend this server

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland

Not sure what difference it makes lol:

Images233.jpg
Hi just wonder if there is a update on moving Mir 3 to your server? When this happens will there be a Monk for Mir 3 etc?
would it be Mir 2 v Mir3 like Horde v Alliance that would be nice :)

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009

There's a whole load of us who would love to play.. problem is life has moved on.. I have 2 kids now.. I can't stay up and take on ZT or EM.. The core of the maniacs like me have other things to do.. we can't play madly for 8-10hrs (or more!) I don't even start a server because I know I can't commit time.. Here's an idea.. those who like pvp, they start and fight with basic stuff, as they get higher, the items they have, get better.. (or worse.. will make the fight longer).. That is the main problem with mir servers.. most folks have no time anymore, the hardcore who'd do 18 hrs a day, they are married with jobs and kids.. Maybe do something like jousting/fighting with some rewards.. might help server numbers..

/phasor

TopmanXx

LOMCN Rookie
Jul 12, 2017

Looking to return to this, any helpful guilds there, don't fancy solo levelling to catch up :)
(Or spare chars)

:)

Kind regards. :tennis:

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

Looking to return to this, any helpful guilds there, don't fancy solo levelling to catch up :)
(Or spare chars)

:)

Kind regards. :tennis:

Server is in a bad spot atm, low population lately

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

whats an ancient token?

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012

at a guess imma say a token needed to enter ancient caves. pretty self explanatory tbf

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

what I wanted to say is, when the event launches where would one get an ancient token? would be nice to have some more info

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

what I wanted to say is, when the event launches where would one get an ancient token? would be nice to have some more info

These caves are now going to be added permanently, so it's not an "event" as such, but the caves are from a previous event you are correct.

Tokens can be dropped (fairly frequently) from all/most (I say most, in case I missed some) subs and bosses and via the game shop.

The token can be exchanged via the portal npc in BW sz for 60 minutes of activity in the Ancient Zuma and Prajna caves... The Ancient Wooma (which is accessible up until level 50) doesn't require a token and therefore can be accessed by at any point.

I have been doing little hunts in these caves on my test server and they are pretty fun... The old maps are pure nostalgia for me and the pet picker ai is a dream in there for pots and gold.

Sam