[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Re: Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

UPDATE 27/08
After receiving feedback that the majority of our lower level base are feeling alienated from this event, we have reopened the low and mid level caves from the May bank holiday event, hopefully now everybody can find some enjoyment from us this weekend (as we intended)

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury

UPDATE 27/08
After receiving feedback that the majority of our lower level base are feeling alienated from this event, we have reopened the low and mid level caves from the May bank holiday event, hopefully now everybody can find some enjoyment from us this weekend (as we intended)

How do you access these leveling caves?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

UPDATE 27/08

Good idea, really enjoying leveling in the cave. <3

How do you access these leveling caves?
There's a portal in BW sz

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

newarmours2.png

Level 55 and 60 Armour Changes
We are changing the skins on the level 55 and 60 armours so they are not copies of the level 50 armours. The above image contains the new level 60 armour skins.
Available from Chronicles 4.1.

Sam​

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013

How do you get to Crystal Mountain?

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

How do you get to Crystal Mountain?

Hey ventus,

Go to serpent Valley and then south into ancient forest, South again through the connection cave should bring you out in crystal mountain.

Sam

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Good Morning Mirians,

After discussing the level cap increase with the team the following has been agreed upon:

Sunday 11th September 2016: Low level experience boost increased to level 60.
Sunday 25th September 2016: Level cap increased from level 65 to 70.

These dates are very unlikely to be brought forward or pushed back.

Please keep in mind that there will not be another cap increase for some time… If you race to 70, you will be stuck at 70.

I hope everyone is enjoying the server.

Sam

---------- Post Merged on 11-09-2016 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 05-09-2016 at 10:42 AM ----------

Hey Guys,

We are planning to reboot the server tomorrow at 10am to apply Chronicles V4.1.1.

Latest changes and additions as of Chronicles V4.1.1:
- Low level exp booster increased.
- Low level exp booster added to more maps.

Sam

Reactions: zedina

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

Good Morning Mirians,

After discussing the level cap increase with the team the following has been agreed upon:

Sunday 11th September 2016: Low level experience boost increased to level 60.
Sunday 25th September 2016: Level cap increased from level 65 to 70.

I seen a poll on forums and like 90% of your server didn't want the increase cap but i not played for the past week or so, so i thought maybe there more 65s but no, only 13 lol.
Logged in game and noticed there a few level 65 items in game now and i seriously don't understand why you would increase the cap now, just as people are gearing level 65 kit.

I really cannot be bothered to level on this no more, i recently got level 58 (from 55) took a couple of a weeks and now you go and increase the exp to level 60, i think this is the 3rd time you done this, so i think the best solution would be level to 60, leave it until you increase the exp up to level 65 and repeat.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Server is up.

Final changes and fixes as of Chronicles V4.1.1:

- Number of fixes/improvements to last weekends fight zone additions
- Fix for accidental murder on warred players (hopefully, feedback required)
- More visual aids that you're entering/exiting a fight zone
- Fix for pets tame time decreasing in safe maps such as shops
- Potential fix for screen bugging out (particularly noticeable in trolls)
- Low level exp booster increased up to level 60 from 55.
- Low level exp booster added to more maps:
- Dungeons previously recieving the buff have now been expanded to higher floors
- Buff added to JinchonTemple & NumaRuins

We plan to roll out the buff in most dungeons going forward, however we would like to introduce them on a rota that will change every day/few days(to be decided) which will hopefully get people not only moving around different dungeons but more importantly moving around together and interacting more often.

Chronicles Development Team

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

I know mir is an old game, but:
Is there any way you could develop a higher resolution? Up to 1920x1080 or even higher?

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

I know mir is an old game, but:
Is there any way you could develop a higher resolution? Up to 1920x1080 or even higher?

I would absolutely love to increase the resolution of the game tbh, however, it would introduce issues that would give those with better resolution an advantage over those who don't.

E.g. if we increased the res to 1920x1080, those with graphics card that support this size will have a greater field of vision and there for be able to see other players in this scope... Those stuck at 1024x720 wouldn't be able to see those players on their screen.

This is just once example of an issue that may occur by increasing the res, we basically have to restrict everyone to the lowest popular resolution sizes, which unfortunately the Mir community doesn't seem to upgrade their hardware very often ><.

Sam

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes

Expanding on this thread from our own forum: http://forum.mirchronicles.com/foru...discussion/38498-best-pvp-control-method-poll - which we feel is currently an important subject affecting the game, to further help get an idea of the pros/cons of each option I am going to be adding the following changes as of 6pm tonight:

OKS + OmaCave 2nd map: -25% PvP damage reduction
Shenron + CrystalMountain map: -50% PvP damage reduction

Coupled with the Luck 1 modifier already on the BichonProvince map, this should hopefully give those that enjoy the PvP side of the game some experience with every option, helping them and consequently us to make the final decision which idea we want to take globally.

No reboot will be needed to make the changes.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Evening all,

We are planning to reboot the server tomorrow at 10am to apply Chronicles V4.2.

Changes and additions as of Chronicles V4.2:
- Fix for reincarnation not working on monsters alot of the time.
- Another attempt at fixing pets untaming in safe area (fairly confident in this fix this time).
- Fix for FlameField not being affected by PvP modifier.
- Moved PvP modifier calculation to after defences have been calculated.
- PvP Modifier readded to OKS and Shenron maps.
- Improvements to freezing when screenshot key is pressed on older systems.
- Samller safezones (shops/instances pillars) will not longer affect guild war zones.
- Fix for Sabuk war respawn issue.
- Fix for some map tiles overlapping monsters.
- Fix for BladedBow Skin.
- Level cap increased to level 70.

Chronicles Development Team

---------- Post Merged on 25-09-2016 at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 24-09-2016 at 08:41 PM ----------

Server is up.

Final changes as of Chronicles V4.2:
- Fix for reincarnation not working on monsters alot of the time.
- Another attempt at fixing pets untaming in safe area (fairly confident in this fix this time).
- Fix for FlameField not being affected by PvP modifier.
- Moved PvP modifier calculation to after defences have been calculated.
- PvP Modifier readded to OKS and Shenron maps.
- Improvements to freezing when screenshot key is pressed on older systems.
- Samller safezones (shops/instances pillars) will not longer affect guild war zones.
- Fix for Sabuk war respawn issue.
- Fix for some map tiles overlapping monsters.
- Fix for BladedBow Skin.
- Level cap increased to level 70.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

Can you atleast let us know that we might experience lag or something alike?
I have a fast internet speed, and I'm lagging like ****.
What's going on?

Last edited:

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Can you atleast let us know that we might experience lag or something alike?
I have a fast internet speed, and I'm lagging like ****.
What's going on?

Are you still experiencing lag?

Sam

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

logo_360.png

As we have done in the past, the dev team wanted to post our current thoughts on the next 6-8 weeks of Chronicles developments and events.

Pet System and Balance Changes - 09/10/2016
A pet window and storage system has been a feature that the team have wanted to implement for some time now (since before the launch of the server), the window will allow Pet owners to store their pets when they like, see stats on their companions and allow them to be stored on log out. The pet system is a great feature that we are really excited about rolling out.

Balance changes will also be in this reboot. As always there is an on going discussion about the balance changes on the forum before they actually go in.

img1.jpg
img2.jpg

Halloween Event and New Instances - 28/10/2016
We are closing in on the time of year again! The time of year where the ghosts, ghouls and monsters come out to play for a weekend to deliver us a bit of fun! This year’s event will start on Friday 28th October and finish on Monday 31st October! Ghost boss monster spawns and lanterns for the higher level players and Low to Med experience caves for the low level players will be available during the event.

At the end of the Halloween event we will be adding some new instanced dungeons. Exact details as to what caves/temples will be instanced will be released closer to the time.

img4.jpg
img8.jpg

Gauntlet - 13/11/2016
Test your strength against wave after wave of increasingly difficult enemies, compete with your friends and rivals in the Gauntlet arena to achieve ultimate fame and victory and forever immortalise yourself at the top of the ranking board.

img9.jpg
img10.jpg

New Skills and Spells - 27/11/2016
The team are planning another wave of awesome and beautiful skills and spells, exact details on what the spells are and do will be announced on our forum closer to the time.

img7.jpg
img5.jpg

Big Mystery Announcement - Upcoming
We are planning a huge release (the biggest we have done since the server launched), no details are being released as of yet, however, we decided we would release a small image and let your minds wander. We are really excited about this release and think it will completely change your expectations of Mir servers from now on.

img6.jpg

Chronicles Development Team​

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

Awesome! Looking forward to all the new stuff you guys are going to add :)