[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Re: Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

We are planning to reboot the server at 8am to apply Chronicles V5.1.0.

Changes and additions as of Chronicles V5.1.0:
- Fix for spell replacement issue.
- Fix for para sticky bug.
- Kraken made more challenging
- Reduced Aura delay for monks.
- Adjustments to Gauntlet point modifiers.

Sam

jaxxom

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 23, 2017

gave up on this server but might give it another go

Crazywelsh

LOMCN Leecher
Feb 25, 2017

gave up on this server but might give it another go

I have been trying to get back on this server for best part of a week sent a message on the ******** page and been pretty much ignored to the point where registering on this forum is the only way to vent frustratoin not good.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Hey All,

We are going to reboot the server on Sunday 07/05/2017 at 9am to apply Chronicles V5.3.

Changes and additions as of Chronicles V5.3:
- Toggle TDB, can now stay on constantly like HalfMoon/DoubleSlash etc
- Toggle ThunderShaolin, can now stay on constantly like HalfMoon/DoubleSlash etc.
- FatalSword/Hemm can now be stacked (again).
- Increase to CrescentSlash Damage
- Increase to Monk Aura duration
- Reduce range of GlacialSpike
- Turn off forced Rage/ProField cooldowns.
- Auto pot now works on percentages rather than values.
- MirBoots run ability now works.
- Fix to mob names still appear on invisible dead mobs (IcePhantom).
- Curse Immunity now persists on log out.
- Fix for Astral Armour not showing wings to others.
- Increased limit on TrustMerchant sales.
- Removed buy amount limits on merchants (e.g. 20 pots).
- Change to PedestalOfLife: No longer will be a passive skill, the "pedestal" will be placed on the casters mouse cursor and will automatically buff allies within range, including the caster.
- Super mob system, Some caves will be given the chance of a "super" spawn triggered randomly by killing mobs within the respective caves. e.g killing Snails in FP may trigger a "super" Snail spawn. These mobs will be much harder and have a much better chance of loot.
- Major rework to the way monsters are drawn, there shouldn't be any impact to players, but if you do notice anything odd, please raise it.

Chronicles Development Team

---------- Post Merged on 07-05-2017 at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 04-05-2017 at 09:51 PM ----------

Server is up.

Final changes and additions as of Chronicles V5.3
- Toggle TDB, can now stay on constantly like HalfMoon/DoubleSlash etc
- Toggle ThunderShaolin, can now stay on constantly like HalfMoon/DoubleSlash etc.
- FatalSword/Hemm can now be stacked (again).
- Increase to CrescentSlash Damage
- Increase to Monk Aura duration
- Reduce range of GlacialSpike
- Turn off forced Rage/ProField cooldowns.
- Auto pot now works on percentages rather than values.
- MirBoots run ability now works.
- Fix to mob names still appear on invisible dead mobs (IcePhantom).
- Curse Immunity now persists on log out.
- Fix for Astral Armour not showing wings to others.
- Increased limit on TrustMerchant sales.
- Removed buy amount limits on merchants (e.g. 20 pots).
- Change to PedestalOfLife: No longer will be a passive skill, the "pedestal" will be placed on the casters mouse cursor and will automatically buff allies within range, including the caster.
- Super mob system, Some caves will be given the chance of a "super" spawn triggered randomly by killing mobs within the respective caves. e.g killing Snails in FP may trigger a "super" Snail spawn. These mobs will be much harder and have a much better chance of loot.
- Major rework to the way monsters are drawn, there shouldn't be any impact to players, but if you do notice anything odd, please raise it.

Chronicles Development team

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Rumour on the Archons forum is that you're launching a new server made by the same team behind Chronicles?

I've missed the boat for Chronicles with it being so old but would be very interested in a server of equal quality starting up, any further info on this?

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Rumour on the Archons forum is that you're launching a new server made by the same team behind Chronicles?

I've missed the boat for Chronicles with it being so old but would be very interested in a server of equal quality starting up, any further info on this?

Unfortunately, this is just a rumour, we have no plans on launching another server at the moment. The current server is still our focus and we will continue to work on it as long as people want to play :)

Sam

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Unfortunately, this is just a rumour, we have no plans on launching another server at the moment. The current server is still our focus and we will continue to work on it as long as people want to play :)

Sam

So the mir3 this summer won't happen? There is posts by you and lilcooldoode and even screenshots.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

So the mir3 this summer won't happen? There is posts by you and lilcooldoode and even screenshots.

The Mir3 content is part of a Hybrid patch for Chronicles, basically you can play Mir2 or Mir3 on the 1 server.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

The Mir3 content is part of a Hybrid patch for Chronicles, basically you can play Mir2 or Mir3 on the 1 server.
Even still the question was avoided by @samuel.
The servers will never become one there will be way to many balance issues and would ruin the exepeince for both mir2 and Mir 3 players the mir2 side it self has way too many problems that the GM said he would address on the Mir 3 side how would that work when they become one?

max luck
guild limits
solo bossing
no group content
mining
and many more things

how would addressing these on one side of the server work when the other sides been ****ed for so long.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Sam

Thanks for the reply, if that's the case then I guess its back to the waiting game for a decent server to start up. Not that I'm saying Chronicles isn't a decent server, but in terms of how long its been open its not very attractive to new players. Especially with such a low user count at present, can't imagine stating at level 1 and running round on my own.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Thanks for the reply, if that's the case then I guess its back to the waiting game for a decent server to start up. Not that I'm saying Chronicles isn't a decent server, but in terms of how long its been open its not very attractive to new players. Especially with such a low user count at present, can't imagine stating at level 1 and running round on my own.

A server can have even years but if gm make it playable then its worth other attention

All need to stop with this mentality like "Oh i wont play because its been up for years and theres lvl 100 kit" "Wipe it and i will play"

Every server reaches its heights and then always will fall down, it just depends on gms how they will delay the falling down thing

Some servers never had chronicle's start, and they never stay up so long more than chronicles.

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013

The plan was/is to launch mir 3 content in terms of classes, towns, maps, mobs on the same server but on a separate continent. with NO interaction between the current server and the new section. (Until later down the line where integration is a dream)
So while there is no new server, there is/was going to be a fresh start area whilst still allowing the current server to run.

LCD did however say that he had put the mir 3 plans on hold to work on Quality of life changes for the current server.
I suspect that the Mir 3 server is still a strong possibility, we wont hear much about it for awhile.
Chronicles have been **smart regarding announcements in the past, avoiding early promises and disappointments.

If it's going to happen I suspect we will hear about it roughly 30 days before it's ready to go launch or beta.

** Subjective.

Reactions: DarkSacred

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

A server can have even years but if gm make it playable then its worth other attention

All need to stop with this mentality like "Oh i wont play because its been up for years and theres lvl 100 kit" "Wipe it and i will play"

Every server reaches its heights and then always will fall down, it just depends on gms how they will delay the falling down thing

Some servers never had chronicle's start, and they never stay up so long more than chronicles.

Why would anyone want to start on a server with average current user count in the 30's where everyone is level 65-70 knowing they will never catch up for one and have very limited chances to bump into another player? Its not fun playing level 1-60 solo because everyone else has already surpassed the content. Whos going to be there to level with and quest with? How would I do the low level bosses and content? What guild is going to take a level 30?
These are the questions I ask myself before committing to a new server and if I can't find positive answers to these then the server has already surpassed the point where its going to be overly attractive to myself / some new players.

Due to the type of game Mir is, it doesn't encourage new players to servers that have been live for an extended period of time. That's why we see such a shift when a new server starts as it brings everyone back to that level playing field and a chance to start from scratch. I don't mind waiting again for the next server to launch just after the limited success of Marble which seems to have been abandoned after a few months and Archons which I thinks going to be lucky to see its user count retained come its month anniversary its something that one has become accustomed to.

If the server team behind Chronicles don't have anything new in the pipeline that's cool, I'll just wait till the next server drops give it a try and hope for the best.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

Why would anyone want to start on a server with average current user count in the 30's where everyone is level 65-70 knowing they will never catch up for one and have very limited chances to bump into another player? Its not fun playing level 1-60 solo because everyone else has already surpassed the content. Whos going to be there to level with and quest with?
Funny how you think ppl actually quest on this server.
Level 40 can be achieved in one hour if not less (without exp potion).

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Why would anyone want to start on a server with average current user count in the 30's where everyone is level 65-70 knowing they will never catch up for one and have very limited chances to bump into another player? Its not fun playing level 1-60 solo because everyone else has already surpassed the content. Whos going to be there to level with and quest with? How would I do the low level bosses and content? What guild is going to take a level 30?
These are the questions I ask myself before committing to a new server and if I can't find positive answers to these then the server has already surpassed the point where its going to be overly attractive to myself / some new players.

Due to the type of game Mir is, it doesn't encourage new players to servers that have been live for an extended period of time. That's why we see such a shift when a new server starts as it brings everyone back to that level playing field and a chance to start from scratch. I don't mind waiting again for the next server to launch just after the limited success of Marble which seems to have been abandoned after a few months and Archons which I thinks going to be lucky to see its user count retained come its month anniversary its something that one has become accustomed to.

If the server team behind Chronicles don't have anything new in the pipeline that's cool, I'll just wait till the next server drops give it a try and hope for the best.

chronicles is still the most advanced mir2 server with good dev team
what happens now on server its just natural ups and downs

new servers always took most of ppls on mir2/3 but this doesnt matter... it matters what gms do to make a big comeback

and before you ask what a mir3 owner/gm speak on a mir2 server advert :
samuel and his team always been kind to me and showed support, they one of few ppls that worth to keep friendly connections