[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Re: Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

Always open to suggestions Exwizz, what are your thoughts?

Sam

Maybe add a cave that opens every sunday that allows pre 60 for a couple of hours that will give them a chance to catch up with the current avg player level/content.

with everyone being roughly around the same level would make things more fun for the server again more guilds more players.

just an idea but im sure thats something you could possibly work with

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town

or you could have a cave which opens every 2 days. on my opinion i would stick with your idea sam.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury

Have you released the new big surprise that will change mir forever yet?

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Have you released the new big surprise that will change mir forever yet?

i think its the fact he is adding mir 3 chara's into his server along side his mir 2 chara's.

best of both mir's on a popular server.

post from lilcooldoode below.

It will be a while before we see mir2/mir3 interactions apart from organised events, initially the only people mir3 players will be competing with will be other mir3 players.

Ultimately both worlds will become entirely open world again, but not before the mir3 world has had a chance for fresh competition and some of my 'famous' balance changes ^^

Last edited:

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

i think its the fact he is adding mir 3 chara's into his server along side his mir 2 chara's.

best of both mir's on a popular server.

post from lilcooldoode below.

It will be a while before we see mir2/mir3 interactions apart from organised events, initially the only people mir3 players will be competing with will be other mir3 players.

Ultimately both worlds will become entirely open world again, but not before the mir3 world has had a chance for fresh competition and some of my 'famous' balance changes ^^

It will effectively be a completely new server using the 4 main official Mir3 classes, however, the servers will run on a common platform allowing us to do global wars and potentially merge the two worlds in the future.

Sam

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

It will effectively be a completely new server using the 4 main official Mir3 classes, however, the servers will run on a common platform allowing us to do global wars and potentially merge the two worlds in the future.

Sam

very cool idea.

i was wondering are you able to change items from 1 platform to the other?

will TM be the same on both servers?

will mir 3 assassins require different weps to mir 2 assassins?

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

very cool idea.

i was wondering are you able to change items from 1 platform to the other?

will TM be the same on both servers?

will mir 3 assassins require different weps to mir 2 assassins?

Items will be completely separate between the two groups of characters.

TM will be independent on each.

Mir3 assassin (ninja) will have his own armours, items and skills based on official mir3.

The only initial cross over between the two will be purely pvp where we have hp/power balances/buffs to ensure both can compete.

It is an interesting project, we are very excited about it... It takes us out of the realm of just mir2 I guess and makes us a bit of a hybrid (mir2.5).

Also going back to the returning players... Wouldn't upping the rested exp amount produce the same effect as opening a cave for a day? E.g. If you have a week off then come back to a high exp boost across any cave you want to hunt in?

Sam

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

Mir3 assassin (ninja) will have his own armours, items and skills based on official mir3.

The only initial cross over between the two will be purely pvp where we have hp/power balances/buffs to ensure both can compete.

It is an interesting project, we are very excited about it... It takes us out of the realm of just mir2 I guess and makes us a bit of a hybrid (mir2.5).

Also going back to the returning players... Wouldn't upping the rested exp amount produce the same effect as opening a cave for a day? E.g. If you have a week off then come back to a high exp boost across any cave you want to hunt in?

Sam

The leveling caves during events are just far too good, if you miss out on them it puts you off playing the server :( the rested and low level buff don't make up for those caves.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Sam

do you have a rough date to when you can release some teasers of the mir 3 classes on Acem2 files?

is it 100% that it will be released summer in regards to the the fall backs on the latest updates?

will all spells from the classes on mir 3 be on here?

will there 100% be a merge between the servers?

sorry for all the questions, imo this is the best news for the mir community, and im sure others are wondering these same questions.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

do you have a rough date to when you can release some teasers of the mir 3 classes on Acem2 files?

is it 100% that it will be released summer in regards to the the fall backs on the latest updates?

will all spells from the classes on mir 3 be on here?

will there 100% be a merge between the servers?

sorry for all the questions, imo this is the best news for the mir community, and im sure others are wondering these same questions.

All valid questions.

Current focus is the small patch for third year anniversary, once that is out of the way I plan on doing a full scale marketing campaign like we did for the opening of mir2... The campaign will be focused on both mir2 and mir3 but separate from each other (if that makes sense).

We suspect it will be ready before the summer, I over shot with the delivery slightly so we had ample time to test and gain interest, so I believe we will hit the summer deadline.

We will be aiming for what we have done with mir 2, start with all of the official spells and then introduce custom spells in releases.

The merge is still being discussed, I personally like the idea of keeping them separate with the exception of a global castle war, pvp games or raids (if/when we get around to introducing them).
However I am not sure the others / community will share my opinion.

Sam

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

All valid questions.

Current focus is the small patch for third year anniversary, once that is out of the way I plan on doing a full scale marketing campaign like we did for the opening of mir2... The campaign will be focused on both mir2 and mir3 but separate from each other (if that makes sense).

We suspect it will be ready before the summer, I over shot with the delivery slightly so we had ample time to test and gain interest, so I believe we will hit the summer deadline.

We will be aiming for what we have done with mir 2, start with all of the official spells and then introduce custom spells in releases.

The merge is still being discussed, I personally like the idea of keeping them separate with the exception of a global castle war, pvp games or raids (if/when we get around to introducing them).

Sam

i personally wouldn't mind, if it merges or not.

but i think it would be awesome for mir 2 and 3 too become one it would essentially be the best news that could happen to mir.

and the user count would be so high again and bring soo many players back to play!

---------- Post Merged at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:35 PM ----------

All valid questions.

Sam

also i was wondering if you are using all the mir3 maps or are you using all the mir 3 classes on your current server

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

i personally wouldn't mind, if it merges or not.

but i think it would be awesome for mir 2 and 3 too become one it would essentially be the best news that could happen to mir.

and the user count would be so high again and bring soo many players back to play!

---------- Post Merged at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:35 PM ----------

also i was wondering if you are using all the mir3 maps or are you using all the mir 3 classes on your current server

Mir3 Maps :).

Sam

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom

Well done Samuel. Not been around for a long time but I'm impressed with yours and your teams work.

I am all for the two world split with just pvp to bring them together. This will boost your usercount because everyone enjoys a fresh server. Not to mention that it will be mir 3 character. Blade Storm time.

I will watch this space and see you all in the summer.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Well done Samuel. Not been around for a long time but I'm impressed with yours and your teams work.

I am all for the two world split with just pvp to bring them together. This will boost your usercount because everyone enjoys a fresh server. Not to mention that it will be mir 3 character. Blade Storm time.

I will watch this space and see you all in the summer.

I always thought blade storm was called slice n dice! I must have played a private server or something ><.

Sam

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

I always thought blade storm was called slice n dice! I must have played a private server or something ><.

Sam

yeah its called blade storm

but i think it was named slice and dice on a random p server back in the day.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes

You mean this? (i dont have any video recording software) ^^

output_hg_C3_Xo_1.gif

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes

It also upgrades to MaelstromBlade at a much higher level, think that can be seen on the current GSP files?:

bladestorm.gif
malestrom.gif