~* Legend of Mir Galaxy *~

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Just to clarify,

The rules on server sections can be found here http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?69053-Legend-of-Mir-2-amp-3-Server-Forums
and they haven't changed in 4 years

[/I]

Yeah, any server that is online is welcome to a section here on LOMCN, even if you have your own forum.

My bad then! :p I read a different thread to sub-forum rules (Don't know where I got idea of people not allowed one if they got there own) but still our server isn't coming online in the next 2 days so still no good to us, let alone attract people to sign up for beta in 2 days.. :(

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Well put it this way , if people are lazy , ignorant enough to not join closed beta due to a account creation/login on another forum , i'm sure these people will niether post any bugs or share anything constructive :)
So whoever wants to have an opinion and help develop server/bug fix it and balance it will be brave enough to create an account or login into an existing one and make a simple post :)

We're looking for like 15 people for closed beta but if we feel things are still untested or still to be tested , we will add even more ^^

Not true in the slightest lol.

I'm usually one of the ones who get chosen for testing and happily post everything...But simply don't see why I should have to sign up to an alternate forum when your post originated here.

It's not laziness...It doesn't prove anything of dedication considering it takes moments, it's simply an inconvenience that I don't feel like having to be forced into for helping lol.

But then i'm also one who finds Closed BETAs (On this small scale) a complete waste of time. You might find a great deal, but opening it for everyone will find a lot more. One way or another, signing up to a forum doesn't disprove laziness or ignorance as much as you think it does lol, and won't guarantee you 15 players that will report and avoid those who are in it for advantageous bugs. At least an Open BETA will get ALL the decent reporting players, but it just comes with a larger scale of ones who won't....You can't avoid it, but you'd have a bigger chance of finding the shitty bugs.

Last edited:

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Not true in the slightest lol.

I'm usually one of the ones who get chosen for testing and happily post everything...But simply don't see why I should have to sign up to an alternate forum when your post originated here.

It's not laziness...It doesn't prove anything of dedication considering it takes moments, it's simply an inconvenience that I don't feel like having to be forced into for helping lol.

But then i'm also one who finds Closed BETAs (On this small scale) a complete waste of time. You might find a great deal, but opening it for everyone will find a lot more. One way or another, signing up to a forum doesn't disprove laziness or ignorance as much as you think it does lol, and won't guarantee you 15 players that will report and avoid those who are in it for advantageous bugs. At least an Open BETA will get ALL the decent reporting players, but it just comes with a larger scale of ones who won't....You can't avoid it, but you'd have a bigger chance of finding the shitty bugs.

^^ as above closed beta is good for testing basic things but if u want a real view of how the server players have an open beta for 2 weeks or you just get the same 5 dick heads who find a bug in beta wont report it and then try abuse it once live. am sure no names need a mention here .....

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
I kind of agree, what I plan is to carefully select people to help narrow down bugs and balancing issues etc.. After we have gone through this stage then we shall more than likely have an open beta. This is yet to be determined.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I kind of agree, what I plan is to carefully select people to help narrow down bugs and balancing issues etc.. After we have gone through this stage then we shall more than likely have an open beta. This is yet to be determined.

As is the same route everyone goes down lol.

Closed BETA is useless on this small scale, will achieve nothing extra than an Open wouldn't achieve. If you're "maybe" doing an open, just do it from the get go. Nothing more annoying than 1 BETA that gets wiped, followed by another with a "possible" wipe if a major bug is found (Often the case as you would have only done a Closed beta with 15 players), then not being sure you want to put much effort in due to this possibility, which happens a lot around here....Not to mention the hype kill of beta's over and over and over....Yawn, lost interest after 2 lol

Just do 1, that definitely wipes, find all the crap wipe-able bugs. Then open it and let people play.

Last edited:

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
As is the same route everyone goes down lol.

Closed BETA is useless on this small scale, will achieve nothing extra than an Open wouldn't achieve. If you're "maybe" doing an open, just do it from the get go. Nothing more annoying than 1 BETA that gets wiped, followed by another with a "possible" wipe if a major bug is found (Often the case as you would have only done a Closed beta with 15 players), then not being sure you want to put much effort in due to this possibility, which happens a lot around here....Not to mention the hype kill of beta's over and over and over....Yawn, lost interest after 2 lol

Just do 1, that definitely wipes, find all the crap wipe-able bugs. Then open it and let people play.

Spoke with the team and we decided to stick to the plan , we already have 20 applications for Closed Beta which is good enough . After that we will go straight into LIVE.
I see your concerns but we already bee through "alpha" aka close friends testing all our new systems and concepts (and i know thats not enough , thats why we run a closed aswell) but server is pretty stable and our purpouse for closed beta is to find (if there are any) killed bugs/exploits or something that threats server stability .
Balance will be done over time when live server and full of people ( We consider spells are already pretty balanced) but of course things like dmg multipliers , some cooldowns and some effects might change over time to offer the best experience to our players :).

Meanwhile these days , coder been working on a full report system + investigation on players , so basically now server will allow us to follow each of their step and know exactly what they do , what they click , when and why . So with this system will be quite easy to catch anything that does look "suspicious" :) + and i was working on some new caves/quests/items + implementing some new AI's done by coder :) , till now we have 6 complete new sets of AI's (about 50) , about 8 AI's only for bosses and 8 classic bosses tweaked and improved :)

Dibby

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2015
It worries me you've had 3 previous servers =/ what happened to them? will this be a long term server?

Looks like you've done some good work with these files by the way

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
It worries me you've had 3 previous servers =/ what happened to them? will this be a long term server?

You mean 2, all of our servers were long term with a 1 year+ life span (also the files we were on back then had limits and restrictions) our 3rd server is still currently online. Now myself and our coder we have worked together for over 5 years and now we are working on our new server Galaxy on Crystal files we plan for this to be our last server and our best as the files we have now have so much flexibility there is no stopping us we have gathered years of experience running servers and have learnt our mistakes in some fields which of course we have picked up on.

Galaxy with be the dynamite of mir...

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Galaxy with be the dynamite of mir...

That is a bad metaphor. Dynamite has a short fuse and an instant explosion which leaves nothing when it's over.

Good luck with the server. :)

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
even S A C R E D? oh wait.

That server was blocked for a reason. Every single time it has came online it has went the exact same way. Server goes up, Todd shows interest, donations roll in, Todd continues to update, donations dry up, Todd slowly becomes less active, eventually disappears completely and the server goes down.

Anyone with half a brain knows he does it for a quick buck.

Also this is an advert for Galaxy, if you want to discuss Todd's server go do so on his site.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
That server was blocked for a reason. Every single time it has came online it has went the exact same way. Server goes up, Todd shows interest, donations roll in, Todd continues to update, donations dry up, Todd slowly becomes less active, eventually disappears completely and the server goes down.

Anyone with half a brain knows he does it for a quick buck.

Also this is an advert for Galaxy, if you want to discuss Todd's server go do so on his site.

couldn't agree more but that the tits for you, always gonna kiss arse aren't they same old,

terrible server terrible GM move on and stop whining.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Updated advert with Instant potions cool down and mir3 wings, also changed how all images where uploaded so hopefully they should all be visible now for everyone.

We also now have a development blog on our forum to keep everyone updated with new features/changes to the server. :)

SlapYou

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 1, 2014

Hes right, three - Supreme / Gravity, Now Galaxy.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Hes right, three - Supreme / Gravity, Now Galaxy.

Galaxy isn't even live how can it be a previous O_O

---------- Post Merged on 06-09-2015 at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 05-09-2015 at 10:30 AM ----------

Updated advert with screenies of second storage page which you can unlock allowing you to store up to 160 items! Also update screenies of guild buff page now displaying buff icons and a screenies of another boss! :)

Just to let every one know server is still on schedule and eta for beta remains the same. :)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I thought Gravity had a good life span for a med rate? sure that was up for well over a year, you don't see that much these days lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.