Crystal Test Server - Now Live!

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
banner_01.jpg

This server is a basic no thrills setup. Any new features added will be added to this test server first. Once new features are bug free and stable it will be merged to the master source, this way we can keep the master source as bug free as possible. Anyone wishing to use the test server code (even though unstable) can download from the test_server branch.

All players are given limited gamemaster powers so you can have some fun whilst testing out the features of the files and incorrect/missing database issues.

Server Objectives
-Showcase features of the crystal server files
-Find any bugs that may crash the server
-Create an up to date and complete database that can be in turn used as a base set for all server files

Features
-Server is in Test Mode. All players who log in will have a select number of gamemaster powers. Enabled commands can be found here.
-As the server progresses advanced NPCs, mob AI, items etc will be added which will demonstrate the possibilities of the files.
-Entire server and database is backed up off site nightly to ensure there's never any lasting data loss after a crash.
-Server set to automatically reboot after any failures to ensure minimal down time.

Team Members
-Far
-Elijah
-Breezer
-SmavidDavid
-Daneo

Testing and Bug Reporting
We encourage you to test, cause crashes and find issues, however we ask you do these in other ways than spawning tons of monsters in the safezone. Remember to test things as a player would, telling us you can kill EvilMir in 2 seconds at level 65535 doesn't really help us since that'd be expected, but telling us that EvilMir can be killed easily at level 30 would help us.

When you find a bug please report it within the bug section here. If you have a lot of database related bugs (rather than server issues) please try and group them together so threads aren't spammed.

Polite Notice
Whilst we want everyone to have fun, having gamemaster powers comes with some responsibility to make it work. Please don't spoil it for others.

Download Link
The client we use is the same one used for all basic crystal files. If you already have a client downloaded just copy it to a new directory before running the client, this will help speed up your download.

Any missing or incorrect files will be sorted by the launcher.

Download Launcher Here

FAQ
Q. Getting a black screen?
A. Visit the link here to download the required files.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Reserved post for updates..

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Just download the link provided which contains the launcher and config. The server uses DNS addresses for connection.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ive tried downloading it, it comes up this, Crystal Test Server.Zip is not commonly Donwloaded and could be dangerous.

Just click allow / download anyway. It's because it's a newly upload zip file so the browser is being cautious.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
are you trying to patch an existing client? i expect thumbs.db is in use :S

awesome

Microsoft
Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
The auto patcher re downloaded the whole client on top of another client theres no thumbs. Db on the sounds folder. Check if its read only

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
not read only - just downloaded the sound folder again

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I copied Data Map & Sound folders (from the official download of the Crystal files here, server & client which I extracted to C: drive game folder and that mir launched just fine for me) to a new game folder D:\Crystal Test Server - Now Live\Crystal Test Server, downloaded the 'Launcher' and ran it, it was downloading lots of stuff and I let it run while I did other things, then later on I found it not running and in the game folder I have those three folders plus Client.exe and Mir2Config.ini, for a while when it was downloading I noticed there was OldClient.exe or something named like that and that is gone now.

When I launch the Client.exe now, I see the window where it was downloading very briefly, it seems to check all is downloaded (top green bar runs full lenth and blue bottom bar runs just quarter inch long) and then the whole window vanishes and nothing launches, I don't get a chance to click on the Launch button since the whole window vanishes so fast. I do have the game folder on D: drive, inside another folder if that matters. Also mirs on my PC don't work in full screen mode (like Chronicles mir) but runs just fine in a window. Not sure that's the case here, it seems that in the ini it is set to windowed mode
-----------------------------------------------
Mir2Config.ini
[Graphics]
FullScreen=False
AlwaysOnTop=True
FPSCap=True
Resolution=1024
DebugMode=False

[Network]
UseConfig=True
IPAddress=mir.suprcode.com
Port=7000
------------------------------------------------

The game folder (Crystal test client) is ~7.2 GB in size and has 3972 files and 67 folders if that helps to figure what's wrong. The Crystal client - the one where you run your own local server - is just 5.6 GB with 2352 files and 37 folders.

Edit: I copied the Test server folder to my C: drive but it behaves the same. For now I moved all files out from the Test server folder, apart from the Client.exe and Mir2Config.ini and it is downloading again, perhaps it was a mistake trying to save the download by reusing those data map sound folder from the downlad where you run your own server locally.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
the launcher flashing could be because you have "AutoStart" set to true - which means soon as it finishes patching it starts the game.

Not sure why it keeps patching again when you move the files. i'll test that and look in to it.

If it doesn't load try downloading just the launcher files i linked again - copy over the current client and run it, hopefully it should just patch the client again and run this time.

killerboy123

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 5, 2015
Burj-Village
can you make it so we could add NPC to it and Kit xD??

---------- Post Merged at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:47 PM ----------

i did want a server to my self to learn stuff how to put stuff together and that **** but i dont understand how to put the files together and i cba >.<

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Lol no

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
OK I ran the launcher again with just it and mir2config.ini in the folder and it worked, I am in game now.

First thing off, mobs around Border village are few and they don't attack even when I start killing them, not sure if that's intention or what. I am the only one online too.