Mir 3 GSP Repair Progress

JansBlade

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 19, 2007
Hi all, just thought I would update you on the progress on repairing the GSP files.

The files will be released when they are in a more stable state.

Reactions: Dibby

darkkiller

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 5, 2007
Wow! Great work! you repaired the released files? or you downloaded completly ones?

JansBlade

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 19, 2007
I have been working on the files for about a month, on and off. I will release the files when I have finished a few more things off with the sql side of things.

dida

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 17, 2013
USA
we are waiting for yours server, not ****ing chinese's private server.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Been a while since i last looked at these files but was they not all encrypted which ment editing them was a no go? including the database? and the main engine would only read the encrypted data which ment re making the script file itself was a no good either.
Anything been worked on to solve this problem?

darkkiller

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 5, 2007
Been a while since i last looked at these files but was they not all encrypted which ment editing them was a no go? including the database? and the main engine would only read the encrypted data which ment re making the script file itself was a no good either.
Anything been worked on to solve this problem?

I think the problem continues, anyways MIR3 GSP(Chinese one) wanted to add new caves I don't know if he done it yet, if these files gets public many people will try to decrypt/edit these files but just 5 o 6 people have this files working so there's lower chance to work on them and try to decrypt. Working as community maybe helps to develop these files much faster.

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
I did update the GSP client several months ago but gave up the ghost in the end as didn't seem to be any positive feed back.

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
Nice work. Can you explain what you've done? From your post two months ago it seems like you had no idea what to do? http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthre...ce-Platform)&p=1014376&viewfull=1#post1014376
Also from what I've heard you need to completely make the database + tables yourself? That's what took the Chinese server owners a while.

---------- Post Merged on 14-09-2015 at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 11-09-2015 at 12:34 AM ----------

No update? I hope this isn't another project that hits the trash can after hyping people up :( It's all we seem to get in Mir3

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Wish you the best of luck nice to see this

even if you cant make new maps etc you will still do well once opened

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Best of luck with these files, they would definitely bring mir 3 back to life for a little while.

Keep on truckin' :eagerness:

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
Kinda miss the old days, where all the comunity was working together to have the files working!! Still remember when the mir2 1.4 files were released, all comunity was working and realeasing stuff! Now every1 works for himself, and most of ppl sell the stuff... Wicked
This is just a thought of an old mirian addicted, i'm 41 now so i don't really care much for the game like when i was 20, but was really awsome seing all ppl working on the files, new releases were available every day with some fixes...
Have fun every1

darkkiller

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 5, 2007
Kinda miss the old days, where all the comunity was working together to have the files working!! Still remember when the mir2 1.4 files were released, all comunity was working and realeasing stuff! Now every1 works for himself, and most of ppl sell the stuff... Wicked
This is just a thought of an old mirian addicted, i'm 41 now so i don't really care much for the game like when i was 20, but was really awsome seing all ppl working on the files, new releases were available every day with some fixes...
Have fun every1

Totally agree with you, these people killed Mir3, just have to see Mir2 Community and compare with mir3 section, alot of releases there, I know there are alot mir2 coders more than mir3 but they release/update files without any problems that's why they have alot of servers and alot of players.

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
Totally agree with you, these people killed Mir3, just have to see Mir2 Community and compare with mir3 section, alot of releases there, I know there are alot mir2 coders more than mir3 but they release/update files without any problems that's why they have alot of servers and alot of players.
Now mir3 have a open source to work.
Its a start. :)