Legend of Mir Galaxy [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Re: ~" Legend of Mir Galaxy *~

Client is definitely just client.exe.

well tbh that is a bit beyond me but jamie has an explanation
I saw that I think his DX is out of date or imcompatible graphics card imo

so try update ur DX if u say yday it worked fine :)

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire

well tbh that is a bit beyond me but jamie has an explanation

so try update ur DX if u say yday it worked fine :)

Updated DX. Updated drivers. Re-installed all of the .net frameworks.

I'm literally out of ideas with it. I was hoping someone had seen this before!

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004

Updated DX. Updated drivers. Re-installed all of the .net frameworks.

I'm literally out of ideas with it. I was hoping someone had seen this before!

You got anything in your Error.txt?

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire

Error.txt attached. It's saying DirectX can't be loaded, strange. Is there an optimum version that should be used?

Attachments

• Error.txt
    179.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire

It can't find your DirectX stuff, try below;

- You downloaded the DirectX SDK for good measure? http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=6812

I re-installed that again, cleared out the Error.txt file and ran the game again. Ran around for a few minutes, closed the game. Still having the same issue, but nothing is being logged into the error file. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004

I re-installed that again, cleared out the Error.txt file and ran the game again. Ran around for a few minutes, closed the game. Still having the same issue, but nothing is being logged into the error file. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Tried another Crystal based Server?

wonderman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2013

erm need some help was on yesterday but just went to load it up saying wrong version now

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I would very much like some help / guidance with the attached screenshot. Have never seen anything like it before!

You running Windows XP by any chance?

As i'm at work, I can't wait for your response lol. But, given the blue line on the left side of that image which looks an awful lot like the XP border, i'd say my guess is pretty good.

If thats the case, you could be having a DirectX issue. Windows XP is limited to DirectX 9. Given the fact Jamie undoubtedly developed these files on Windows 7 at minimum, and so did Far, you can't rule out it being the problem.

DirectX 11 would be the standard machine they have used in development, thus you should be mimicing this. Along with at least .NET Framework 3.5 (Windows 7 comes with this as Standard and is also built into .NET Framework 4)

Let me know if you meet these 2 requirements and I shall help you further.

But tbh, if you're still on Windows XP after all these years of Windows 7/8 and now 10, then you need to get with the time and upgrade your damn computer as Windows XP will continually cause you problems.

I suggest downloading a pirate copy or go out and buy standard box from PC World which is probably 500% better than yours if it's still running Windows XP. You'd be looking at £300 maximum, so stop being cheap.

Last edited:

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire

You running Windows XP by any chance?

As i'm at work, I can't wait for your response lol. But, given the blue line on the left side of that image which looks an awful lot like the XP border, i'd say my guess is pretty good.

If thats the case, you could be having a DirectX issue. Windows XP is limited to DirectX 9. Given the fact Jamie undoubtedly developed these files on Windows 7 at minimum, and so did Far, you can't rule out it being the problem.

DirectX 11 would be the standard machine they have used in development, thus you should be mimicing this. Along with at least .NET Framework 3.5 (Windows 7 comes with this as Standard and is also built into .NET Framework 4)

Let me know if you meet these 2 requirements and I shall help you further.

But tbh, if you're still on Windows XP after all these years of Windows 7/8 and now 10, then you need to get with the time and upgrade your damn computer as Windows XP will continually cause you problems.

I suggest downloading a pirate copy or go out and buy standard box from PC World which is probably 500% better than yours if it's still running Windows XP. You'd be looking at £300 maximum, so stop being cheap.

Nope, not using WIndows XP (Does anyone even use that anymore!?), using Windows 10.

Have .Net 3.5, 4 and DirectX 12 installed.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004

Nope, not using WIndows XP (Does anyone even use that anymore!?), using Windows 10.

Have you tried another Crystal Server? I'd suggest this before we continue trying to diagnose.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Ok. Second best guestimate.

Right-click the Client.exe and Run as Administrator.

Third best guestimate, turn off your AnitVirus.

Let me know the results.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Re: ~* Legend of Mir Galaxy *~

I just opened the exe for the first time and server crashed while I was making account XD Coincidence or?

SuqMadiq

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 26, 2015
right Behind you !
Re: ~* Legend of Mir Galaxy *~

I just opened the exe for the first time and server crashed while I was making account XD Coincidence or?

I think it's something with sabuk ... Happaned last time when they got sabuk if i recall crectly

---------- Post Merged at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I swear to GOD i wish they had their own forum here on lomcn -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.