TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
4685125113.png

4685182668.png

We are paying £40 a month just for a 38mb internet connection. Their reply 2 weeks later 'we are still processing your application' or some ****.. Over the past 2 weeks we have had 3 days of no internet and the rest with internet like this. Wtf BT you suck dicks.

So mad.. I can't do anything online... The guy paying for the internet won't complain and demand a discount/ refund...

Please never move to Canterbury as they have **** internet and BT is the best they have.. which is ****.

*sigh* had to let out some rage. :) have a nice day.

P.S. I love the note "slower than 93% of GB"... I'm probably slower than 93% of the whole ****ing world -,-

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Look at your ping... they're obviously still working on your connection. No excuse for it taking so long though.

At least you're going to get 38mb... I'm stuck on 5 -_-

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Look at your ping... they're obviously still working on your connection. No excuse for it taking so long though.

At least you're going to get 38mb... I'm stuck on 5 -_-

Don't know too much about ping... i should considering i'm studying CS, they didn't cover networking in much detail though. Lets just hope it's fixed soon, I'm just furious we are paying for something so terrible. I could get better connection sitting in McDonalds or something..

Epsi

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 8, 2004
The internet in Canterbury and surrounding areas sucks. I live in Herne Bay and only until 2 weeks ago could i actually apply for Fibre, ive been stuck on around a 4 meg line....

Quite nice tho as im at Canterbury Christ Church uni and there internet is rediculous lol

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I'm 10 - 15 mins from cnterbury and like Epsi only been able to get fibre for few weeks (havent got it yet)

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
The internet in Canterbury and surrounding areas sucks. I live in Herne Bay and only until 2 weeks ago could i actually apply for Fibre, ive been stuck on around a 4 meg line....

Quite nice tho as im at Canterbury Christ Church uni and there internet is rediculous lol

Aha i'm at University Of Kent... I lived on campus last year with 120mb+ speeds... I'm so sad now... Our rival uni's, lets have lom wars uni vs uni :P

Epsi

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 8, 2004
I'm 10 - 15 mins from cnterbury and like Epsi only been able to get fibre for few weeks (havent got it yet)

Ive been using my phone recently as I get 4g where I am and its easily 5x quicker than broadband

Aha i'm at University Of Kent... I lived on campus last year with 120mb+ speeds... I'm so sad now... Our rival uni's, lets have lom wars uni vs uni :P

Oh wow lol, I'm not clever enough to go to that uni! I was terrible at school and my grades suck. What are you studying?

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Ive been using my phone recently as I get 4g where I am and its easily 5x quicker than broadband

Yeah that's what one of my room mates suggested. I'm not currently on contract but I was considering getting one and tethering my pc.

Oh wow lol, I'm not clever enough to go to that uni! I was terrible at school and my grades suck. What are you studying?

Aha I don't feel I'm that clever either, I just work hard and put in a lot of hours. I know someone who is smarter than me who goes to CCC however he is lazy :P I'm studying computer science ^.^

Epsi

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 8, 2004
Just tested my speeds on that website, I have a 3.89Mb/s on Broadband and a 20.01Mb/s on phone, sucks so bad..

If you are looking at contracts o2 give quite a decent student discount which might be worth looking in to. How many people who live near canterbury etc actually play mir then? I thought I was the only one lol...

Also you on facebook?

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
My cousin works at O2, my mum mention to me the other day that my aunty got 50% off on her samsung s6 edge contract because of my cousins friends and family offer thing. Maybe I can look into what option is best, just had a quick google on the student offer and it is like 20% off and a rail card (which I've already got from my Santander student account).

I know I'm usually too ashamed to tell anyone I play mir because nobody knows about it and it's an old game. One of my room mates knows about it but doesn't play, I got into and played pretty much with my whole family a few years ago however they no longer play >.<

Haha your 6 posts, most of them on this conversation - i'll inbox you my Facebook. Most people probably know my name on here anyway lol.

Kind of weird knowing that I could have seen you in the last year and not known who you are in real life but possibly been playing mir with you for years :P

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I was in private housing in Canterbury whilst at university there (CCCU) and can confirm the internet was pretty garbage.

Pretty sure we had TalkTalk at the time.

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Never known someone so close to me to play mir. But i have the same kind of problem and i live about 30mins away

Scher

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 17, 2009
i got fuking 32 kbs internet in italy ROME stop complain xd 5 mega its a bleesing xd

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England

If your wiring is crap in your area its half the reason the speed is so low, although fibre will seem like a miracle to you, the crappy wiring between your cabinet and house will still affect your speed.

I used to get 500k when I should have got 7meg on standard broadband and now, on fibre, I should get 80meg but lucky if I push 50. The engineers say I should get about 78 to 79 meg considering the box distance from my house.

FTC is good but FTH would be so much better.

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
... internet is off again the past 2 days and counting.. disgraceful.. see you whenever my internet is back on :@

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
... internet is off again the past 2 days and counting.. disgraceful.. see you whenever my internet is back on :@

Tell them your connection is not fit for purpose and you're not paying another penny until something is sorted.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
My room mate is in charge of the internet bill.. he won't give me the account number and he won't phone up to complain. Considering getting my own line set up to my room..

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
My room mate is in charge of the internet bill.. he won't give me the account number and he won't phone up to complain. Considering getting my own line set up to my room..

If its a problem in the whole area then getting your own line would be a waste of money as you'll still get a crud speed.

Use this link to see what BT reckon you should get and what you currently get.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/manage/

Epsi

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 8, 2004
Ive always wondered whos name the bills go in when living in student housing... Can you not just refuse to pay your share of the bill till he sorts it? Might give him the kick up the arse he clearly needs.

And going back to the dodgy line that was mentioned earlier. When I moved into my house we had a large problem with the internet and stability, I must have had them out no less than 5 times to sort it and it turned out to be some dodgy line that I was on. In the end they moved me to a spare line that they had in the exchange box (presume they have a few spare lines put in?) and it worked perfectly after that, still slow but perfectly slow..

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Depends on your contract with your landlord/student housing.

You can make a complaint and refuse to pay a penny until it gets sorted, but be prepared for a long drawn out battle that just costs you more internet time.

It's why I chose private housing for uni though. Took control of the internet bills for the house and sorted out the best deal/speeds possible. Kent internet was poop regardless though.