Other Mir 1.4 help

smoochy boys on tour

Buuuuun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2003
Hello ladies and gents.

This is my first post in many years.

I recently moved and whilst cleaning out I found a disc labelled Mir server files. The originals with client also on the disc. I remember the years of my life I lost playing the euro version of the game. I wanted to have a run about kill some things again. This is getting a bit long winded now so to the point.

Server is all set up and client installed.

I've created an account and a character.

Click start and I get the old server notice. Click ok then the screen flashes, don't see anything of the game and it shuts down.

Can anyone provide any help to get the game to run please?

P.s. I did try searching.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
If you just want a server to mess around on and kill some stuff, in honesty you're probably best off using the Crystal files - pretty easy to set up. Here is a guide - http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?92007-Full-Crystal-Files-Download-and-Guide

I have no idea about 1.4 however so sorry I cannot help you there.

Bro.. He played euro back in the day, he will log on them crystal files and be like this is a total different ****ing game lol! I would say look up Ledu 1.9 client / Try find somebody with Frozen 1.4 files im pretty sure somebody will have them lying about somewhere, shame ferny's went down.

I will check some old disc/memory card because i defo had a copy of frozen 1.4 from years ago i did a little work to, will hit you up if i find them.

Upvote 0

Xandrah

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2012
Ahh the days of legendofmir.net I miss them, and I am wanting to start a server myself on one of the old EuroMir versions. I was on Dragon too as a Warrior and Tao!

Upvote 0

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
If you'd like, you can download the Crystal C# files and ill code the old euro interface for you. Newer files are easier to use but if you still want the euro feel i dont mind getting the UI setup for u

Upvote 0

Xandrah

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2012
If you'd like, you can download the Crystal C# files and ill code the old euro interface for you. Newer files are easier to use but if you still want the euro feel i dont mind getting the UI setup for u
If you would be willing to do this, this would be an amazing asset! I am currently playing around with the Crystal files myself, really amazing code and very playable! I am going to be starting up dragonmir.eu again so a euro interface from 1.4/1.9 days would be amazing.

Upvote 0

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
awesome, do you have a business email i can get intouch with you with? Ill put a few things together and see if you like them

Upvote 0

Xandrah

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2012
awesome, do you have a business email i can get intouch with you with? Ill put a few things together and see if you like them

I do indeed, you can contact me at xandrah[at]dragonmir.eu and that sounds awesome! Thank you so much :)

Upvote 0

Buuuuun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2003
Unfortunately no, still haven't found a fix as to why game closes itself after server notice

Upvote 0