Extreme [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
I have no sympathy for lone he used to do the same on my server all the time, mind you he was alot more detailed than saying the server sucks lol.

Either way thanks for the chuckle benwatson!

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015
server is gay man got like 1 player lol

---------- Post Merged at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:48 PM ----------

ands its not high rates more like low rates if i was u id find a better server tbf.

people get level 100 in 3 days, its hardly a low rate ...

Elixer

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Sep 7, 2015
I heard it's the exact same content as befor with little added if anything

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Just to clarify. I have had many people since i took the server offline over 4 years ago request that i put it back online.

When i finally gave in and put it back online I did so saying that i wouldn't be spending anywhere near as much time on the server as i did before i had a wife, daughter, dog, house and other real life responsibilities.

The server has had various additions added since it has come back online, such as, new pets, new daily spawning boss, VIP system, bonus points are now being used to get round the stat cap limit, we spent lots of time streamlining the spawn tables to make them efficient and stop the mob lag which we received started to get, we've had an event. Ive added 4 new quests and have had to rework lots and lots of drop files to account for the change in user count (we used to have 50-60 average online player count back when 2.3 files were all that were available, now due to multiple factors the player count is much lower so I have had to spend time on them to make it more suitable for the lower count.)

As i have always said the server count doesn't bother me, it will stay on a dedicated server until it doesn't cover its costs and when it doesn;t cover its costs, I'll move it back onto my home PC so people can continue to play (albeit with risks of router reboots and other home caused lag) I didn't put the server online for me to play or too get lots of users. It was put online for those that asked and to give me an opportunity to do website work with access to a live sql database. so I could further my own knowledge whilst being a stay at home dad who spends most of his time wiping yoghurt off the sofa and not in an office IT environment. Since the server has been up i have developed a couple of different websites, the first was a raffle site which i can now adapt and tie into the mir server to allow people to manipulate their characters from a website. (I'd need to activate the storage passwords on the server though to secure the site and those always annoyed me so i haven't done this but the website code remains as a proof of concept.) I'm now taking what I have learnt from the first site an am developing new site which will have actual real life application and should in theory be able to generate a reasonable income via the adverts on the site (the site is in no way online game related.) the income will be used for various things, one of which is a server that i have been wanting to develop since before Mir Extreme was dumped in my lap all those years ago. All im waiting for on the new server is for the crystal files to have a couple of extra commands coded in. But as always I am in no rush to add more work into my life, its already busy enough and with another baby due on feburary 14th, its going to get even busier.

If people don't like the server that's totally fine - i don't like every server out there, everyone has their own tastes and opinions but I don't go round slating them.

As for hershire's comment, once again I am not Thai/Penny, He is confusing me with my Dad, he has been told multiple times but doesn't seem able to grasp the fact that we are different people that live in different places.
And if i remember correctly Hershire banned Thai from his own server because Thai provided feedback, multiple times having to repeat the same things because hershire wasn't acknowledging what was being said.

I don't recall ever having a go at hershires server, I seem to recall playing it for a little while but with all mir servers I get bored easily and move on to something else. As Azzi has said servers take a lot of time and effort to make, theres no point in having a go at them.

With regards to BenWatsons comment, Thanks for you informed feedback, but we didnt claim it was a high rate, if you read the description its classed as a "Progressive exp table" what this means is we completely reworked the exp table long ago so it isn't directly comparable to other servers out there, so its impossible to put a Low/Medium/High rate clarification on the server based on other peoples spawn tables. Im quite pleased that you think the server is a happy place to play. I assume thats what you meant when you said it was "gay" and you wern't simply shouting a homophobic insult at an inanimate set of 1s & 0s and a whole bunch of pixels. Remember pixels have feelings too!

Anyway my daughter has finished her breakfast.

See you later.

myjan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2011
East Sussex
Personally I love Extreme long may it rock the server it top of my list and I've played a few servers was very sad to see it close and very glad to see it back and a huge thank you to Lone and the team in future