Mir2 Vengeance - Crystal at its best

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Didn't play for some time recently, today I ran the patcher which downloaded some 480MB but then I got 'wrong client' message when logging in, came here and started with your new files and its downloading some 6.7GB now (just saying, it goes reasonably fast at max download for my connection - ~725 KB/s).

and yea, neat website :P'

Last edited:

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Guys sorry to do this to you but the patching system has been taken down atm due to a corrupt file... this will not affect any one already playing the game it will only affect any one trying to download the game or patch the game for the first time.

If you are already ingame IGNORE THE MESSAGE CANOT GET PATCH INFO.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
ok so im a current player wehn to log in got that i needed the new exe so i dl what u said sand sis what the new exe help instructions were in the new dl file u provided now im gettign the corrupt msg that xena got how would i fix this

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Lo all, sorry it has taken me a while to post this, I was kind of hoping to have had some good news by now, but alas the news is not all good.

Firstly I am honestly sorry for the delay in game play that this has caused for some of you.

Last night AFTER doing a test run regarding the download we came across another issue, which needed sorting. As such due to this issue, I had to once again cancel the patching system sort the issue (The patcher was running backwards). I have managed to get it fixed and sorted and I am currently re-uploading all the client files. I am hoping to have this done by today and get everyone back into game normally.

I am honestly sorry for the delay and trouble that this has caused.

---------- Post Merged at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:48 AM ----------

The auto patcher is now working :D sorry it took so long.

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Right guys this is the ONLY ASSISTANCE I WILL GIVE WITH REGARDS TO

Wrong version, expecting lib version:2 found version:1.
or any form of Wrong version.

The reason for this is as follows....

Each server owner has either modified or added certain contents to their
game client. It could be in the form of mobs , weps, mounts ect basically
anything in the DATA folder.

As such if a server owner has NOT UPDATED their version of the c source to Fars latest release they will NOT BE RUNNING VERSION 2 LIBS....They will be running version 1 libs....Now if they have ADDED something extra into the DATA folder then it will be DIFFRENT TO A VERSION 2 LIB SERVER..

Lets say for example Player A downloaded Origins (for the sake of this post) and Origins is say using LIB 1 and they have added say 2 new mounts...

When Player A then decides that they no longer wish to play Origins but wish to play say Vengeance... and they think they are playing clever, by just COPYING THE VENGEANCE.EXE AND CONFIG FILES into the origins game client folder and patch it that way .... well this WILL cause you to have the LIB FOUND ERROR ISSUE.

the reason for this is due to the fact that although you patch and update the game client files YOU IN FACT DO NOT PATCH THE EXTRA 2 MOUNTS AS VENGEANCE DOES NOT HAVE THOSE MOUNTS!!!!!

So please refrain from trying to patch from one game client to another in the hopes of doing it faster.

snowdog

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2013
I have updated the DOWNLOADER on LOMCN site and I will update the DOWNLOAD LINK on the website as soon as I get access to it. I am sorry if this has caused any downloading issues.

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Guys firstly let me apologies if I have annoyed / angered / upset any one, for personal reasons I can not go into why what when or who.
Due to this fact I will be removing myself from the game for a period of time until I know what is going on.

I am sorry if this is not what players wish to hear, but family comes first and I need to be there for my family.
I will not be responding to any issues either on the forums or Facebook, and I will not be answering emails.
If there are any issues that arise ingame then feel free to speak to Thor / Anamander or if you wish you may
email me but bear in mind that I will not be responding in a rush...

I am sorry for any inconvenience that may or may not cause.

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
Where do I go to download the full game as the download link on the main webpage seems to only allow me to download a couple of items not a full game????

SpaceHopper

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2014
Hey, just run the auto patcher in the Mir Vengeance folder this should download all that you need to play.

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
First impressions:-
Server does seem really well-made and the people I have met ingame (expendables guild) see very friendly and welcoming to new people, Thank you again for the Luna hunt it was good fun until I was 1 shot lol..

The Academy zone that you start in could do with work, I feel that if you have more than one char you should be able to opt out of the levelling area if you so wish.
The area itself is quite large and the EXP given per mob/quest is quite slow going . Possibly lowering the mobs HP or increasing the EXP would help as it does seem to drag on a bit too much.
Archer - No point using the bow in the Academy zone until lvl 7 and even then a wooden sword is more efficient (please look into this as could pop off new players)

The Hunting guide in BW seems a little bit out of whack as luckily based on peoples advise who play SV mines floor 3 is better than Bug-cave etc as zombies give more exp which isn't fun as its nice to be able to explore a bit more. EXP could do with being looked at through the levels (no I'm not trying to ask for instant levelling but the early stages solo feels quite slow)

Some quests are a bit buggy but I must admit I haven't spent much time on the lower lvl ones as the quests don't really benefit you much more than traditional grinding (again only seen at lower lvl so far)

Other than some small things Its a really nice server and hopefully will grow and I look forward to some more exploring.

See you all ingame

aRK

Last edited:

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Cheers for that aRKY . Yes thanks for the feed back... We will happily look into making those changes with regards to the Academy section.. If possible could you let us know what quests are bugged mate so that we can them sorted ASASP. Cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:12 PM ----------

All tao pets have had a boost to stats. Hemmorhage upgraded with a shorter cool-down and increased damage, Plague's bleed chance has been increased and will also red/green more
Poison cloud cool down has been reduced

There will also be an new Quest pet/skill obtainable only at lvl 50 coming very soon.
Grey Caves are ready for implementation awaiting final testing.

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:13 PM ----------

First and foremost another v2 bug has occurred in the form of the naming of the main client.

Basically v2 doesn't like the main client file being called "Vengeance.exe" and as such will have had to revert it to being called Client.exe.

Therefore when you run your updater you should find that a new file has been downloaded called Client.exe, you will need to use this file to get into the game, please delete the file called Vengeance.exe as it is no longer needed.

If you have any issues or questions please post them here.

- Plague now Bleeds instead of Freezing a mob (it will still slow)

- Taming now has a 3 hour time limit on it, after 3 hours the pets will untame - we have employed extra guards around safezones to prevent and casualties for afk players - however please be aware of this when going afk in areas which don't have guards.

- Several back end issues have also been fixed

---------- Post Merged on 03-04-2016 at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 02-04-2016 at 09:15 PM ----------

Minor reboot taken place to fix a bug with the new Summon Rajin tao skill.

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Hi guys, hope everyone is well. I suppose I should explain what has happened and what is going on, as the emails demanding game updates and info are not being answered by me for one simple reason, which I will get to in a minute.
Caz my wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, and she went into hospital yesterday (22/4/16) to have the lump removed along with three lymph nodes from under the left arm pit, according to the doctor it went really, she has wait two weeks for the results of the biopsy regarding the lymph nodes, and then she will have to under go 6 to 6.5 months of chemo therapy and then 5/6 weeks of radio therapy. Naturally Caz comes first so I will not be as active with regards to Vengeance, I will continue to work on the game as and when I can.
Sorry that this is not what a lot of people want to hear, but like I said Caz comes first. I know that a lot of players have left and a lot of players are demanding updates and threatening to leave, under the circumstances by all means leave ... I wish you the best of luck.
For those that are staying there are new updates coming soon, just bear with us please.
Thanks for your understanding

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
All characters have now been wiped, along with all the accounts, I am trying to get hold of steve to confirm a few details with him, untill such time as I have spoken to him the server will stay offline