Legend of Mir: Affinity Open Beta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I must say I share Squall's point about ancient caves replacing the traditional caves. But that really harks back to gamepot mir when the newer/later caves like insect were added in and mir had gazillions of caves for levs 20-40 of which only two or three were really used, actually everybody went to ancient caves LOL

But it is useless hammering on those who put up servers, more like to give message to those who only just think of a server of their own making. I used to post even on euro about the caves needing restructuring experience/level vise, moving entrances of higher level caves to more outlying places (best to new provinces), even the outdoor mobs should scale up better with 'province map level'... actually I have an idea how to make ancient caves more like integral part of mir cave system but the problem and bottom line is nobody really cares about under lev 40 mir places.

I think it fair if you don't want to bother with mobs and caves we all know to put in npc to make you lev40 with all skills as starting point - one server I played shortly on (Purgatory) had npc that made you lev32 off the bat, you got all skills for that level and you went to PI to get lev33 then went to PB to make lev40 and from there you went to 'new' caves where the game really started.
I am really not sure why people keep talking about the same wrong point, you don't level 1-40 in the ancient caves...
you level at ancient wt, and then you have a lot of places you can go to (psc pt pb ect) and yeah I do prefer it over the alternatives

Varaka

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 12, 2014
aOwwzU4.png

sarafino

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2012
Reasonably intrigued by this. Half tempted to have a little dabble :I

sarafino

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2012
Where the **** you been.

Around man, around. Thought I'd grown out of mir, but I've somehow found myself pretty interested in this server :x So I guess I'll waste a few more hours of my life on here!

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey Guys

Hoping to get stuck in tomorrow in live!! Got so much uni work to kill off tonight so i can try and play tomorrow :(

I didn't really keep notes or anything so off top of my head and viewing some of the comments that I have been reading in the background...

Taos - Yea i think taos have been buffed....buffed to be too strong?? hmm dunno about that as every war had entrapment to stun skeleys and seemed like an endless puri war. SFB buffed too but if you check nothing more than what a wizz can hit and shinz and deva took me until the end of beta to get even tho i played quite a bit.

Ancient Caves Vs Normal Caves - I was happy to see an update to normal caves exp as i had previously agreed that normal caves were pointless regardless of drops when i got 1-2k off certain caves but off to ancient caves for 5-8 times this exp but was a lot of buffs to exp to these caves but haven't tested it thorughly enough to sway me either way

Drops - You could tell or maybe just me the drops were changed quite a bit during beta i think espically on the likes of FT's as they seemed to be big droppers during first few days of beta and then nothing there after

Group hunting- Like this feature A+

Bossess - We had a user count of between 15-20 and i did feel bosses the main ones we wanted were always taken so little worried about that side i think varaka, overlord, towelist were in a team and were quite good at timers and focusing the right bosses (this is me guessing as i didn't interact with them too much) but again this is our own fault as i had a small hunting party of around 3 that stuck to our own devices and we never contested any the bosses as a group as it was beta didn't feel the need to fight for OKS as everyone was doing their own thing to test things

Overall - I like the server. Looking forward to live and hope all goes well. Slightly worried about the PK element in terms of if we take beta for granted a lot of people did their own thing where as few smart ones banded together and were a strong force and didn't seem like anyone was willing or able to contest this so hopefully with live we will have fights worth fighting and healthy competition while still being able to hunt and get loot without feeling too restricted/resource strangled

(EDIT - Seanofsmeg here)

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
What type of items exist in game? When i firstly loggin in beta i found a "rareWoodenDress" which was decently stated and had my hopes up but then when i logged couple days later i saw ppl in usual euro mir items up to lvl36-40. I also keep reading about the amazing drop files azzi made so im wondering whats in the db?

Do you have any examples of "new" items that you have seen ingame along with their stats?

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
What type of items exist in game? When i firstly loggin in beta i found a "rareWoodenDress" which was decently stated and had my hopes up but then when i logged couple days later i saw ppl in usual euro mir items up to lvl36-40. I also keep reading about the amazing drop files azzi made so im wondering whats in the db?

Do you have any examples of "new" items that you have seen ingame along with their stats?
We found quite a lot of them, we just never bothered getting the lvl to wear them because it was beta

Status
Not open for further replies.