Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
jamie did fix all the crash codes galaxy had within 'minutes' so technicaly he's still a great coder on lomcn (even if nobody even knows he does anything)
same goes for lcd / sam for working on chron/adding monk to chron etc
same goes for scorpian (or whoever codes for him) for keeping arcadia nice :p
fact is the only coders being voted for are the ones uploading their code to public, not the ones who have a much harder job of doing all the work 'solo' without the help of an entire forum :p

I see what you are getting at, but also those people you listed either haven't used lomcn this year or their work is unknown so by the same token why would they get any votes? :indecisiveness:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
jamie did fix all the crash codes galaxy had within 'minutes' so technicaly he's still a great coder on lomcn (even if nobody even knows he does anything)
fact is the only coders being voted for are the ones uploading their code to public, not the ones who have a much harder job of doing all the work 'solo' without the help of an entire forum :p

Stop being such a sour puss. My coder vote goes to Bill Gates. I heard he secretly codes for mir.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004

At least three of the names mentioned there are making a good chunk of £ from the coding they do. So while they might be doing it 'solo' they also have pretty good motivation to keep doing it. Don't be upset though, you were never going to win a popularity prize TD.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

"CN" <- Not sure if you noticed these two letters on the end of LOM, it stands for "Community Network", thus implying that most of the stuff is community based (public, you know, sharing's caring). Jamie did post the C# source, he's been thanked for it, cheers mate, move on.

LCD & Sam, not seen either contribute much for a few years, I don't play Chronicles, so anything they do on there is useless to me and well...boring.

As for Scorpia hes made a good server , so why not an award for "Best Server Owner" ?? Maybe that fits his role more so.

So, to conclude, pretty obvious that the awards will (and should) go to people publicly helping out, sorry but, the names you posted really don't help LOMCN, they help themselves.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
"CN" <- Not sure if you noticed these two letters on the end of LOM, it stands for "Community Network", thus implying that most of the stuff is community based (public, you know, sharing's caring). Jamie did post the C# source, he's been thanked for it, cheers mate, move on.

LCD & Sam, not seen either contribute much for a few years, I don't play Chronicles, so anything they do on there is useless to me and well...boring.

As for Scorpia hes made a good server , so why not an award for "Best Server Owner" ?? Maybe that fits his role more so.

So, to conclude, pretty obvious that the awards will (and should) go to people publicly helping out, sorry but, the names you posted really don't help LOMCN, they help themselves.

Isn't what your saying referring to the "Best Contributor"?

I'd assume publicly sharing stuff is contributing?

As for 'Best Coder' I think it really depends on how you view it, we all know Far is mainly the only one who does majority of the work on the C# files so pretty much everyone will automatically nominate him, personally I don't think this award should exist as it falls under the same award as "Best Contributor" in a sense.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Didn't I ask you a few months ago and you said no? :apologetic:
That was beginning / middle of the year, but when you do potentially look for another mod ill be interested.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i find this thread so sexist.. not even a nomination for the females.. like is it even 2015?

we all know we got at least ... hmmm ... one? female in the LOMCN community.. we should start a Best Female Body Picture contest or something like that. No?

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
i going to put one name in every place

Most Helpful: TheDeath (help me out)

Best Coder: Elijah (released few good stuff )

Best Contributor: daneo1989 ( akll way keep BD updata and working on it)

Best Moderator: dont see any round or that torlling lol

Most Popular: Far

Best Designer: Breezer

Best Newcomer: Stupple (sad to put my name ere but i will dont no anyone who fit this other my self as i was away for few years)

Biggest Troll: Tai

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Most Helpful: LCD (helps me out tons with crystal)

Best Coder: stephenking (made some great crystal supporting apps)

Best Contributor: chaosdeath (contributed lots of crystal bug reports)

Best Moderator: Tai

Most Popular: Tai

Best Designer: Breezer (great ui improvements)

Best Newcomer: Elijah (comes from nowhere to big coder on crystal)

Biggest Troll: Unknown (biggest crystal section troll)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Voting closed, thanks for all the nominations.

Winners will be announced later.

Status
Not open for further replies.