[CRYSTAL] Odyssey Mir - Medium Rate - 5 Classes - December 2015

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Re: [CRYSTAL] Oddessy Mir - Medium Rate - 5 Classes - December 2015

dont make the mistake of not having a beta no matter how much you test things your self others will always find something that can be exploited or abused

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

I like it, but some people who are serious players may think your server will be a bit of a joke like the advert.

Good luck! :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

joke adverts are good. i'm hoping for a fun server with new ideas. Though i don't appreciate the incorrect spelling of odyssey

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

joke adverts are good.

Joke GM's are not, however. Professionalism is, believe it or not, important for a successful long lasting Mir server. Look at Chronicles or P69 for example.

I'll give you the same advice I tried to give Vengeance. Beta testing will stop your server from dying within a week.

Good luck

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005

Thank you for your advice and feedback.

Looking at the current standard of advertisements out there, when you say rushed, what do you mean?
What would you require for it not to seem rushed?

Also, Far... nothing happened. :chargrined:

BackOnceAgain

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2015

ANOTHER newhope server?.....

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

Beta testing will stop your server from dying within a week.

I'd rather like to see the server head honcho trying his hand with all chars in turn to lev40, maybe with a bit accelerated exp, before the server opens at all. Then do a closed and secret beta (unless you can't get beta testers otherwise but even then you can pm picked pple on forum with offer, rumors that may issue from that are good :panda:).
During all this beta time, don't announce on forum, nevermind even announcing opening date - because if you do, you get pressured and these things need time.
You should have at least some new caves fully ready and in place, those that aren't ready you should close off access and place an npc with some witty message before entrance. It is not impressive popping into a cave with no mobs or one hit mobs with exp or no exp... First impressions are very important, speaking of it, if the starting point is Border, put as much work into it as you can, about BW that is understood automatically.

That said I will have a look and give it some go over :disillusionment:

Last edited:

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005

I have just updated the main post with some more information.

I'll keep updating daily, revealing details regarding the server.

I am reconsidering Beta, if you're interested let me know.

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
a lot of servers looking to come out in the next couple of months this looks best of the bunch just on there being 5 class's

Not a fan of tier kit makes the game to much in favor of no lifers on galaxy they had tier kit 90 trash tier kit was changed to better stats then supreme items on the cries of kori turning the server into one cave zulu as it was giving best exp/kit 2 weeks in the same cave people got bored quit

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
3jshx35.jpg

I will say though that I'll be interested to see how you balance the 5 classes here.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
looking to try this out mate is there gona be a beta ? if so is there an eta