ORIGINS [Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
As i said in the PM raven, the download will become available before i launch open beta, im still making changes to the files so im waiting untill its all ready

---------- Post Merged at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Finished work on Mounts and food and the quest to collect your first mount. im going to put other mounts with higher loyalty into the gameshop so basically if you want a different mount you have to pay money for it. i dont feel its game breaking and it also helps me pay for the server

a video below showing how it works

[video=youtube;m-IXNPKUQFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-IXNPKUQFA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

You can feed raw meat from chickens and deers and wolves and sheep but reduces top loyalty, so cook it at the cooking pot to make food that doesnt reduce top loyalty

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Your server seems good enough, but I have a question, why would you do a x1 server ? People have played mir for 10+ years (some of them atleast), they want to see new spells,new cool caves/mobs, why would you want to play months to get 40 and see the good content ? have the good spells ? and then waste weeks to level them ? You are not an official server so why bother to copy one ?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Your server seems good enough, but I have a question, why would you do a x1 server ?

im doing a x1 server because i want to play on one :) i dont want to see cool new spells or caves that mean i have to bypass 70% of what the original game was for me. IMO too many people have had it easy. i want a server where lvl 2 flamesword actually meant i had to bust my arse to level for it. Plus i dont want to burn my server out in 6 months.

there are ways to boost exp in game which im going to write up properly once i do the server add for a live version of this server, but you can get 10% (up from 5% default) increase from being in a relationship and leveling with your partner (there is no limit of gender relationships)
you can also get a 10%(up from 5%) exp increase using the rested bonus exp system which will be explained in detail on main post once its ready. max stack of rested exp will be for 5 hours.

it is possible to get a max bonus of +20% exp so far

On a side not i mentioned earlier about using a VPS for beta, well thats not going to happen, the VPS was shockingly bad. So i have bought a dedicated server for the beta and the live, its running lovely and im getting closer to beta each day i do more work and testing and adjustments and coding.

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
so excited :) basically half playing mir for years now coz its high rate nonsense reducing a minimal skill cap to a 0 skill cap as tactics went out the window with being level 100 in full mir kit XD

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
im doing a x1 server because i want to play on one :) i dont want to see cool new spells or caves that mean i have to bypass 70% of what the original game was for me. IMO too many people have had it easy. i want a server where lvl 2 flamesword actually meant i had to bust my arse to level for it. Plus i dont want to burn my server out in 6 months.

there are ways to boost exp in game which im going to write up properly once i do the server add for a live version of this server, but you can get 10% (up from 5% default) increase from being in a relationship and leveling with your partner (there is no limit of gender relationships)
you can also get a 10%(up from 5%) exp increase using the rested bonus exp system which will be explained in detail on main post once its ready. max stack of rested exp will be for 5 hours.

it is possible to get a max bonus of +20% exp so far

On a side not i mentioned earlier about using a VPS for beta, well thats not going to happen, the VPS was shockingly bad. So i have bought a dedicated server for the beta and the live, its running lovely and im getting closer to beta each day i do more work and testing and adjustments and coding.

So you want to bring back the borring crap that was on euro and ignore all the great new stuff and potential that these files have to offer?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
So you want to bring back the borring crap that was on euro and ignore all the great new stuff and potential that these files have to offer?

yes :)

except im using mounts, fishing, awakening, the new guild system. the only thing im not using thats in the files is the assassin and archer and the mentor system. have i missed out on something? i could do 100 caves with 1000s of mobs but i want to play a euro server. once the life of the server has reached the end of the content then new content comes in, i want to play hunting in oma cave, dead mines, wooma temple, etc etc i dont want to hunt in zones i dont know, untill im ready for new areas.

the server will have a new area once ive done the work on the ai and the monster libs in the form of the prajnaorcdungeon, but im not rushing it.

the server has the new skills, plague, petenhancer, slashingburst, fury, icethrust, magicbooster, but there not in drops yet untill ive got the server ready for them, and once im happy with them.

DarkDragon14

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2003
Orlando, Florida
I am very excited for this server. It's not hard to see that most of the mir community is still looking around for something because everytime a new server comes out it has 100+ people. The beginning of servers is the most fun part in my opinion and this is right up my alley. I know I have a few friends that will play as well because we do miss that old mir feel. I hope this server takes off.

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
YES YES YES!!! I've been waiting for something like this to come along. What people don't understand is that some people play mir for the old mir feel. I honestly don't know of another reason to play... if you want something different play a different game. I soooo hope this server turns out to be something that euro had... so many servers now have all the old mir content that I love be useless content because experience levels are out of control. New content can be put right in line with the old stuff and skins/new pieces can be implemented with stats that don't make the old stuff obsolete.

I'm in your corner on this one Sanjian. I truly hope it works out! I'll be a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.