ORIGINS [Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Like i say, the server wont be for everyone, i wont have time to play for long hours, so maybe an hour a day during the week and abit more on weekends, if i make 22 in about 2 months on that schedule i would be happy.

anyone willing to put in the work will ofcourse level faster, I ran heroesEU on x1 exp and players just creamed through the levels so im going to reduce it for origins.

another good thing is that by stating its low exp and a hard server it gets rid of all the time wasters and players who dont put in effort to achieve anything, therefore no respect either, and those left who play the server are mir fans who enjoy a challenge and dont want it handed on a plate :)

a side note, you cant afk fish, if you read the post you would see i removed the auto casting option, if anyone found a way of doing it, when they landed a bossmonster it would kill them so there again you eliminate the afk choice..

Also your looking at 0.5 as the exp rate, but its the mob exp rate, quest exp rate, fishing exp rate,

if im questing and killing im generating an exp rate of x1

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Like i say, the server wont be for everyone, i wont have time to play for long hours, so maybe an hour a day during the week and abit more on weekends, if i make 22 in about 2 months on that schedule i would be happy.

anyone willing to put in the work will ofcourse level faster, I ran heroesEU on x1 exp and players just creamed through the levels so im going to reduce it for origins.

another good thing is that by stating its low exp and a hard server it gets rid of all the time wasters and players who dont put in effort to achieve anything, therefore no respect either, and those left who play the server are mir fans who enjoy a challenge and dont want it handed on a plate :)

a side note, you cant afk fish, if you read the post you would see i removed the auto casting option, if anyone found a way of doing it, when they landed a bossmonster it would kill them so there again you eliminate the afk choice..

Also your looking at 0.5 as the exp rate, but its the mob exp rate, quest exp rate, fishing exp rate,

I actually thought you'd made an error when you said 0.5x exp rate. So you're effectively making this twice as hard to level as euro? Are you sure about this?

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Did you enjoy killing hens and deers on Euro?
Do you believe that harvesting is the best thing ever invented in gaming history?
Do you want to hunt the vicious Yeti's and Oma's for days?
Do you like hunting the scary zombies and skeleton's for weeks?
Did you enjoy the euro challenge of hunting for weeks with a single spell?
Do you miss the CHALLENGE of afk leveling spells in bw safezone?
Do you simply just want a boring server that you wouldnt play even if the gm's paid you?

THEN ORIGINS IS FOR YOU.

Origins takes all the sh it things euro had and DOUBLES EM.

DOUBLE THE BOREDOM
DOUBLE THE AFKing

Explore the world of mir ALONE like the only survivor because noone will ever play that crap.

Consider changing your advertisement to the above. If you can make a video and use the movie trailer guy voice even better.

Reactions: WhoFlungPooAndY

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

clearly didn't think it through...

why would anyone play a private server that has a lower rate than the actually euro game you will be lucky to get anyone playing, who would want to put in so much effort into leveling when the better content is mid level not pre 22 i think you need to go back and rethink what your trying to do here.

2-4 months to level 22 that's gotta be one of the most troll things iv read on LOMCN.

people will be clawing there eyes out on the 1st day with not being able to reach level 7 for the 1st spell killing hens and deer's for days whats the fun in that??

AquaLungs

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 18, 2013
Did you enjoy killing hens and deers on Euro?
Do you believe that harvesting is the best thing ever invented in gaming history?
Do you want to hunt the vicious Yeti's and Oma's for days?
Do you like hunting the scary zombies and skeleton's for weeks?
Did you enjoy the euro challenge of hunting for weeks with a single spell?
Do you miss the CHALLENGE of afk leveling spells in bw safezone?
Do you simply just want a boring server that you wouldnt play even if the gm's paid you?

THEN ORIGINS IS FOR YOU.

Origins takes all the sh it things euro had and DOUBLES EM.

DOUBLE THE BOREDOM
DOUBLE THE AFKing

Explore the world of mir ALONE like the only survivor because noone will ever play that crap.

Consider changing your advertisement to the above. If you can make a video and use the movie trailer guy voice even better.

Ifs it not for you then just leave it.

No good is going to come of that post, because its not your bag don't spent time encouraging others to think the same.
Some of us do want a hard mir server so keep scrolling and move on.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I also suggest removing running so we can just walk to every cave. Running is for ppl that want everything handed to em on a plate. And ppl that will ask for a cave teleporter should burn in hell.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

No good is going to come of that post, because its not your bag don't spent time encouraging others to think the same.

everyone has a mind of there own...

and its 100% not just him who thinks this.. the exp is a joke and wont attract anyone maybe 5 users tops after day 1 but each to there own.

AquaLungs

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 18, 2013
clearly didn't think it through...

Its going to be Euro with the quests and such added together, HE said he'd be happy with 22 in 2months at the rate and time scale HE gets to play (hour on weekdays etc)
So he did 'think it through'..

I'm not going to post again and just wait for the end product because i'll end up falling out with people that whinge and moan about something they have not even tried. Its not been done before lets at least try something before we throw it out with the bathwater.
See some of you ingame :)

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Its going to be Euro with the quests and such added together, HE said he'd be happy with 22 in 2months at the rate and time scale HE gets to play (hour on weekdays etc)
So he did 'think it through'..

I'm not going to post again and just wait for the end product because i'll end up falling out with people that whinge and moan about something they have not even tried. Its not been done before lets at least try something before we throw it out with the bathwater.
See some of you ingame :)

i very much doubt il even download this never mind log on this, so no you wont see me in game exp is a joke... lower than euro anyone with a brain would know better euro was a perfect rate....

who would want to be level 33 in a year? that's how this server is gonna be so enjoy yourself..

like 90+ % of the post on here are laughing or just shocked at the fact he thinks he will get users with exp lower than euro? what makes this better than euro that's worth double the grind?

not to mention be about 3 months before you even attempt a boss or able to for that matter.

not everyone fishes..
not everyone quests..

so the people who don't have to grind more than euro... who would ever.

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

Aye both of you.

It's not its just not for me. Its for noone lol. If you made ppl in prison to play that possibly you would have issues with human rights organisations.
Are you paying ppl good money to play this? If not then i suggest you move on yourself.

Trust me man i will be the last reason that litterally noone will play your server.

Congrats on making the first "Boredom Simulator".

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

There is a big difference between hard and boring.

because the exp is slower makes it harder? i think not.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
lol i love some of these comments

do you enjoy killing deers and hens.... yeah youll be killing deers and hens for the quests and the meat for the money, why on earth have those mobs in the first place...

level 7 achievable in a couple of hours thats not much time really, gets a feel for the game and im not aiming the server at players who want to jump in and be ultimate in a week, if you want that go make your server to suit your needs...

im NOT making a server to suit OTHER players, im making a server I WANT to play on and thats it. Im just opening it up to anyone else that enjoys a low rate server that reminds them of euro and want to play on a server where the owner wont be dealing out loads of gear to his mates or a server that only wants to make £££ by putting all the good stuff in the gameshop.

The only thing you get by placing negative comments is me laughing at the fact that no one else has put the effort in to making what they want.

Dont like the sounds of it? Dont play it move on and moan at the next server add. thats fine by me. but yet you come back and still comment on how **** its going to be already without it even being launched... (not aimed at any one person)

Ill host it, ill play it, it will be free, it wont be a buy to win and it wont be a 5 minute server, it wont be a care bear server.

its ground work for something to work on

But thank you all for your kind comments about the fact someones releasing a server that wont be a home connection timed out every 5 minutes put together from already made files server.

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Looks like you've intimidated the riff raff Sanjian. Winner!

I'm really confused as to why people are pushing their opinions onto a server they won't even play. I don't think the OP cares about a huge usercount, he obviously wants to attract people that share his interests. That may only be a small amount of players but it certainly won't be 0.

Best of luck.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
It will always happen. Its always the same people too. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though is guess. Just wish they wouldnt be dicks about it and then even completely misquote things to make themselves/their views more feasible.

Example of Exwizz. He took San's 22 in 1-2 months and rolled with that. Hang on though. San quoted that as what he would achieve playing 1-2 hours a day. Casually.

So no ex is actually going berserk over levelling to 22 taking...30 hours. Less than 2 days to 22 is 'ridiculous' and a 'joke'.

Hell im not attracted to San's route here, but leave them to it. Dont skew quotes when its not needed.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
im not looking to pull in everyone, not one server will be for everyone, but i myself like a low rate server. if anyone else likes that, it going to be free, safe (in terms of not buy to win) and i dont object to the odd pk, hell i may be the server owner and a player but if someone comes on and drops me in bug cave then its my fault for not DE'ing quicker :) but its going to be dedicated, with some euro features and the same team behind HeroesEU, so if you played that server youll know how much work i put into it.

Thanks for the positive comments and if anyones interested ill be looking forward to seeing you on the server when im ready.

The server wont be able to run in beta untill some more features have been released anyway as alot of my scripting relies heavily on the work Fars doing.

Just generating abit of advertisment and i do enjoy negative comments as it also helps me shape the server. its not 100% what i want tbh, if alot of players think something needs changing then im happy to look at it.

Ill post a few vids of some of the ui changes ive done at a later date as ive got a busy weekend so wont be able to produce much.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Just a reminder - the exp rate is inversely proportional to work that should go into details, fine tune up, added features.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Yes its a shame no one has really mentioned the UI. I know its a fair whack of work, and yours looks impressive. That alone should tell people you care at least, even if they disagree with your direction.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Quest UI changes, not majour but fitting around the rest of the ui for origins

[video=youtube;AW5_6IbuGOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW5_6IbuGOM[/video]

---------- Post Merged at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:27 PM ----------

oh i forgot to mention im also using the Higher Quality Magics i released over a year ago

---------- Post Merged at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Few other bits

[video=youtube;oJcDluGxWzo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJcDluGxWzo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I do like the work you have done with these files, are you planning to go with the old quests or a whole new set of your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.