ORIGINS [Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Love the interface, there are some things I don't like but on the whole it looks slick. It does make me think bare bones old school too but I don't think I'd like to play a 0.5x as many others have stated. It would be fun but I don't know if I'd enjoy the slow pace.

Last edited:

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
i feel this would be more temping for people if you included in the other 2 class's out there. I would probs look at playing this should you include them and also your own items for the levels 1-40 (obtainable by mobs drop) an not just using the typical euro items, this would also be something slightly new and something to work towards.

Would you not devise going to the 1x euro exp with added exp from quests to help a little more with a boost, and maybe doing modern day gaming and have a level cap at 50 but the chance to attack higher end "temples/caves" as you gain new level 50 items with slightly better stats?? this imo would be something new and different, doesnt give a massive advantage over us that couldnt play constant and allows more to be done and worked towards.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Yes its a shame no one has really mentioned the UI.

TBH I am quite content with orig UI, that's not what makes or breaks the game. In fact, the more you spiffy up the trimmings that are not 'game' as such, the more you feel let down when from the impressive portal you dip into playing some plain version of euro mir, often even worse (less complete, less featured) than euro was in its mid to later years.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
is there a download link for server?

no not yet as im still working on it and its not suitable to play.

I have to be honest ive been testing the 0.5 on mobs and it feels, even for me very slow, the 0.5 MAY be upped to x1, i will do some more testing, again this is a server in very early development and alot needs testing before i even consider beta

Reactions: Havok

AquaLungs

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 18, 2013
i feel this would be more temping for people if you included in the other 2 class's out there. I would probs look at playing this should you include them and also your own items for the levels 1-40 (obtainable by mobs drop) an not just using the typical euro items, this would also be something slightly new and something to work towards.

Would you not devise going to the 1x euro exp with added exp from quests to help a little more with a boost, and maybe doing modern day gaming and have a level cap at 50 but the chance to attack higher end "temples/caves" as you gain new level 50 items with slightly better stats?? this imo would be something new and different, doesnt give a massive advantage over us that couldnt play constant and allows more to be done and worked towards.

This is the feed back we need.
Me and Sanj played and tested for hours today :) obviously what sanjian says goes but positive feedback helps. x1 exp ftw :P

---------- Post Merged at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:16 PM ----------

I quoted neptune but I dont like the other 2 classes idea >.<

Last edited:

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
This is the feed back we need.
Me and Sanj played and tested for hours today :) obviously what sanjian says goes but positive feedback helps. x1 exp ftw :P

---------- Post Merged at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:16 PM ----------

I quoted neptune but I dont like the other 2 classes idea >.<

The thing is the new classes bring something new to the game, however 3 classes are a lot easier to balance.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
sanjian why is your name ringing me a bell? have you made any other servers in the past?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
sanjian why is your name ringing me a bell? have you made any other servers in the past?

i made HeroesEU using the heroes files but because i couldnt code the source i was always hitting walls and couldnt take it where i wanted, unlike the crystal files which have so much going for them, it was my first server and the forums were hosted over at mir revenges forums

this is the original add i made but alot of the images have been removed form the post as i have taken the site down they linked too

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?83525-HeroesEU-Heroes

---------- Post Merged at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:42 AM ----------

i agree about new classes bringing new and interesting things to mir, but balancing 3 classes is tough, trying to balance 5 would be imo... impossible.

I personally dont like the assassin, i never have, the Archer is a viable class for mir and it was highly considered for origins. It may come to origins but it would be as a fragile wizard type class without the shield. i dont think many people would play a class that could be dropped in 1 hit, if the hit lands...

YellaDigga

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 12, 2015
i mean the server would be a nice fresh look to the eyes and would make me want to explore due to the look of the maps and stuff but i couldnt play it serious with 0.5x exp, its just crazy.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Updated Fishing UI

[video=youtube;XdVqUj6CDuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdVqUj6CDuE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

---------- Post Merged at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Overhaul of the Intelligent Creatures UI which i will be renaming to a Vanity Pet System

[video=youtube;vk2vaaqmFxk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2vaaqmFxk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
how so slow exp

I have been doing alot of testing with exp while working on the servers files.

Which included an complete re edit of ALL the mob stats.... Alot of my base exp rates were set higher than what was in my euro DB, so ive made the exp rates equal to my euro DB and now 0.5 feels very slow.

It is more than likely going to change to x1 exp

What i have also done is make AC and MAC on mobs more dynamic.

With the older files you only had 1 stat for AC and AMC, crystal introduces a very nice mminAC and maxAC minMAC and maxMAC so ive rewritten all the mobs to have dynamic AC and MAC stats.

For example lets say. Oma had AC=2 MAC=5 i have changed this to AC= 0 - 4 and MAC= 1 - 7

Larger stats have a higher range say an AC was 15, ive changed this to 10 - 20 so its more dynamic when fighting mobs

---------- Post Merged on 03-12-2015 at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 01-12-2015 at 01:28 PM ----------

A little bit of aesthetics that i wanted to do and that was add an effect for items breaking while gemming as currently its only shown on success, so heres a little vid showing some smashing items (i got bloody lucky on my first item!)

[video=youtube;A7ES8w7qJW0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ES8w7qJW0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

---------- Post Merged at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:52 PM ----------

revised and edited main server add, for now this is how things are, future changes may come in, this is generally a place just fpr me to announce whats being done, the real server add will come once its ready to be leanched for open beta

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I'm always interested in playing a low rate server and I think I understand what you are trying to achieve so count me in...

if you need any help with anything let me know... you know what I do :)

ps. are you going to make adding luck to weapons fairly hard? and what about super rare drops? I always LOVED the idea that it was "possible" to luck up or get that rare item but very unlikely... gave me a reason to keep leveling

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
yeah i want to bring back that chance that a blackboar dropped a dragon ring but you had to be lucky.

lucking weapons was always difficult, i want it kept the same way, +3 being really hard.

luck being on neckies will also return but again rare.

to be fair alot of mobs have alot of rares but its hard to get. im not a boss camper so im hoping to gear up through rare drops.

my idea is that when i play with my mate we will both be wizzies working together but ill have a solo warr or maybe a tao just to going about on my own when i have an hour or so free, do a run in bc get an et, hope for a nice drop, that sort of thing.

ive finally done 95% of my drops and they look tasty, but with low rate im not expecting a huge usercount, and drops need to be balanced for the users, so if only 10 people play then a 1/10000 drop chance is too high, but if by some miracle 100 people fancy a nice slow paced server then its not that bad.

its something i can iron out in beta when it gets to that, beta will more than likely start the players at 35 so they can get stuck in and test bosses, skills will be available form a npc aswell as a mid range kit to test things out and help me balance the server and classes. again this is totally dependant on usercount, more uses means its tested quicker, if opnly me and the friends that i have that are interested play then it will take longer.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
yeah i want to bring back that chance that a blackboar dropped a dragon ring but you had to be lucky.

lucking weapons was always difficult, i want it kept the same way, +3 being really hard.

luck being on neckies will also return but again rare.

to be fair alot of mobs have alot of rares but its hard to get. im not a boss camper so im hoping to gear up through rare drops.

my idea is that when i play with my mate we will both be wizzies working together but ill have a solo warr or maybe a tao just to going about on my own when i have an hour or so free, do a run in bc get an et, hope for a nice drop, that sort of thing.

ive finally done 95% of my drops and they look tasty, but with low rate im not expecting a huge usercount, and drops need to be balanced for the users, so if only 10 people play then a 1/10000 drop chance is too high, but if by some miracle 100 people fancy a nice slow paced server then its not that bad.

its something i can iron out in beta when it gets to that, beta will more than likely start the players at 35 so they can get stuck in and test bosses, skills will be available form a npc aswell as a mid range kit to test things out and help me balance the server and classes. again this is totally dependant on usercount, more uses means its tested quicker, if opnly me and the friends that i have that are interested play then it will take longer.

Will skills be stupidly rare(like euro?), not having spells is vital to LoMs gameplay, and I have always found any server that it takes ages to get spells on get boring and stale very quickly.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Will skills be stupidly rare(like euro?), not having spells is vital to LoMs gameplay, and I have always found any server that it takes ages to get spells on get boring and stale very quickly.

no i dont think so, the majourity of skills come from the mines like it used too, ET drops the lvl 35 books at a rarer rate than bosses, like WEB's but EC and ES drop higher end books.

ive tried to remain as accurate as i can and skills will drop from normal mobs on a rare chance, this isnt going to be a boss killing to gear up server but the best chances are off of bosses aswell as certain kits only from bosses like GreatFox gear.

i dont want players being level 40 still looking for fs, tdb, xhm, BA, but they would be looking to kill bosses for Pro and Rage. the same for the other classes.

---------- Post Merged on 09-12-2015 at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 08-12-2015 at 02:17 PM ----------

Progressive Skill Level Changes

Been working on skill images for a while and ill be adding changing spell images which depend on skills level, which makes the skill leveling system not just a grind but a visual note to the players ability in a given skill

Heres a quick look at Slaying for the warrior

Untitled-1.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:03 PM ----------

HalfMoon

hm.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Even though i released the Higher Quality Magics and used them on these files i have decided to alter more magics for ORIGINS, quick video showing some of the changes

[video=youtube;RV_gYW6fMKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV_gYW6fMKk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

---------- Post Merged at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Another thing im really pleased with on these files is the ability to alter how spells look, dependent on the level of the skill you currently have.

its abit of a long vid but it shows how at different levels some of your skills look differently. Thrusting, HalfMoon, Slaying, FlamingSword and ThunderBolt are shown, and hope you can see the difference ^^ Planned changes are for mainly the Warrior as the skills for the warrior are limited plus im limited by what i can find :) I do intend to change IceStorm, FlameDisruptor, MeteorStrike and Blizzard all level skill dependent. For the taoist there isnt much change for skill level images, but BA,SS,Poisoning,SummonSkele, SummonShinsu will change, this is also changed further from my higher quality magics release so if you saw that vid then you will know alot of the spells changed images.

Im using the defualt UI atm while i make changes to my older ui.

[video=youtube;SLzRvP-dJf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLzRvP-dJf4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

the video quality is lower because i have to use movie maker to emrge all the vids, bandicam stopped recording on char change which i didnt realise :/

Status
Not open for further replies.