ORIGINS [Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Thanks Sam. Its really nice to see someone comment positivly from a team that created such an amazing server as Chronicles. So Thank You

Gavin

---------- Post Merged at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:46 PM ----------

A little video update of the changes to SummonSkeleton and CrossHalfMoon

[video=youtube;PSnPbFW5GBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSnPbFW5GBY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
i know its sounds a pain but could u do a lvl vid from 1~11 just to see the speed of lvling when the exp rate is 0.5 or x1 how long would u expect people to hit lvl 22/ 33 ect i like playing lr just wondering

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Thanks Sam. Its really nice to see someone comment positivly from a team that created such an amazing server as Chronicles. So Thank You

Gavin

Well now you changed the exp to x1, I had a proper look over the ad lol.

AS cool as the whole look of the UI is and the increasingly good look of skills as they progress are (I always wanted someone to do that lol), as well as the use for Fishing and finally the auto loot pets (Yay!).

But....I sadly don't see much else lol.

I don't mind the low exp (0.5 was pushing it, hence the no interest before), but other than simply changing the look of what i'm seeing in game...what else has been changed? Anything?

New items to find whilst i'm once again grinding those low levels? (Or questing apparently?). As you mentioned about Chronicles, yes it's a good and decent server and it's euro based, meaning all the euro items are in game up till 40 where it changes. Plus they have additional classes, tons of quests, maps etc.

I don't see you offering anywhere as much as Chronicles or even anything different for that matter? Am I simply going to be going through the euro motions till 40+ to find new content? Changing the existing maps hardly counts...WT is still WT and ST is still ST lol, new bricks don't make the grinding any easier.

If that's the case, why wouldn't people just play Chronicles? Why wouldn't YOU play Chronicles still? Yes the exp is higher now, but only by popular demand as they originated on x1 or x2. Other than that, your servers will be the same, lesser the content Chronicles have implemented since they opened.

I see your point for bringing back the old Mir ways....but it already exists lol. Bring it back, but not identically, it's pointless. Bring it back with the existing content revamped, I hate the idea of grinding for the same 1-40 items i've been doing for 13 years lol. At least with other servers, it's out the way relatively quickly. Take FrOzEn files as an example, they kept me around the longest and are to date probably the most successful files....Because everything was different, everything was new. The rate was fairly low and was still tough reaching to 40+ somewhat...but nothing was the same and it was awesome :)

This is criticism mixed with suggestions, hopefully you don't take it the wrong way lol.

I'll obviously still give it a whirl, but unsure how long i would last with identical 1-40 pathing, i'd imagine the tough skill leveling would finish me off lol...the worst design in history of gaming haha!

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I can appreciate your points Pottsy, not everyone wants a euro clone, and lets face it, that what my server will be, its the same maps, the same mobs, the same skills (may look different but its the same old stuff), same classes, same everything.

But for me, thats what MIR is, i couldnt stand to play with 40 new dungeons and 100's of new mobs, 50 new item sets, thats never appealed to me, untill the point of people playing upto where euro mir left off, then the server has to create new content and items and skills, i did it with heroeseu and ill do it again on here, but not untill the servers at the stage where its ready for an expansion, so ill be playing untill i get to a point where the game needs the content.

I tried Chronicles once and for me it just wasnt what i wanted, thats not being detrimental to the Chrons Team at all, its just not for me.

Assassins, Archers and Monks... for me, thats not mir, i do like the archer but it doesnt fit in with what i want to play with.

Im not offended, i take on board your points and thanks for the critique. When i made my server i knew it wouldnt be for everyone, infact i knew it was probably going to be for a very small amount of people.

on a different note, heres progressive Lightning :)

Level 0 + 1
[video=youtube;DAlftGfCPjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAlftGfCPjI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Level 2
[video=youtube;tpd6eDYwWs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpd6eDYwWs8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Level 3
[video=youtube;k_hlEUYWSbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_hlEUYWSbc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

craigj

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
South Wales !!
looks good you can count me in. I love a server you got to work hard for and the no pay to win is more like my game cant wait.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i know its sounds a pain but could u do a lvl vid from 1~11 just to see the speed of lvling when the exp rate is 0.5 or x1 how long would u expect people to hit lvl 22/ 33 ect i like playing lr just wondering

i have to take into account the missing exp from quests, ive not written them yet (well ive done a few but no where near enough) plus with the added support for Strolyline Quests this is still on hold untill i see how the Crystal Dev Team are utilising it.

level 1-11 would probably take me a couple of hours, just getting mobs smashed as a warrior. 3 hours as a tao possibly due to missing accuracy untill spiritsword, 1-2 for a wiz once ive got fireball.

ive not spent much time testing the leveling speeds untill im happy with the changes ive been making,

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
cheers mate ty for the quick info and feed back is great count me in hope to see this get some decent user count

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
CHM, skele, lightning all look great love what you done with them. Low rate is really not my thing will i will defo log on and try because that look's so nice refreshing to see skill's different to everybody else, most server just add on new skill's and leave euro skill's looking the same as euro(ish) obviously the files have updated them a bit over years but your looks really good.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
A breakdown of Guilds and Guild Buffs and Guild leveling

To greate a guild you must be level 22, have atleast 1 million gold and have a WoomaHorn

Guilds will (to begin with have 10 levels)

Guild will take a long time to level and there is a player cap which will increase on each Level, this is designed to stop one guild being dominant over all others and force players to create a guild and select their members carefully.

Guilds start at level 0 with a member cap of 3.
Level 2 increases this to 5, every level there after will increase the member cap by 5 untill level 10 which is capped at 50 members (ill be lucky to see 50 players on ym server but thats how its going :) )

Guild Buffs
Buffs are activated using Points and Gold, every time a guild levels it will gain 50 points. 90% of buffs require 1 point and last for 60 minutes with the exception of the Guild Perk Buff

Guild Perk Buff
Having a Guild will give you access to a FREE Guild Buff Called the Guild Perk Buff, this has 0 Point cost but will cost 75k to activate.

This Perk lasts for 3 hours and will increase your AC MAC DC SC MC by 0 - 2

This doesnt sound like alot but for as low rate server its another incentive to get a guild of your own or join one.

There are other buffs like Defenders buff AC MAC 0 - 2 Destroyers Buff DC MC SC 0 - 2 Guild Perk Buff+ Defenders Buff+ Destroyers Buff+

All of these buffs ARE stackable and you can potentially have an increase across the range of 0 - 10 AC MAC DC MC SC

There are other buffs such as HP regen MAX HP MP Regen MAx MP, FISHING chances increased, Skill Experience increased so instead of 1 - 3 points per skill cast you would get a x2 or even x5 which could stack to x7 so you would get between 7 and 21 points per skill cast! we have a Manic Miner buff (you sinclair spectrum owners like myself will appreciate the classic reference im sure) and also the Lucky Gemmer Buff.

Generally Buffs (besides the PERK buff) should be saved and used when fighting bosses.

What Isnt Included
Ive not added any GOLD or EXP Bonuses at this time.

This isnt set in stone and i am keen to hear FEEDBACK from those looking to play ORIGINS and who are interested in making guilds and using its buffs and functions.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
A breakdown of Guilds and Guild Buffs and Guild leveling

To greate a guild you must be level 22, have atleast 1 million gold and have a WoomaHorn

Guilds will (to begin with have 10 levels)

Guild will take a long time to level and there is a player cap which will increase on each Level, this is designed to stop one guild being dominant over all others and force players to create a guild and select their members carefully.

Guilds start at level 0 with a member cap of 3.
Level 2 increases this to 5, every level there after will increase the member cap by 5 untill level 10 which is capped at 50 members (ill be lucky to see 50 players on ym server but thats how its going :) )

Guild Buffs
Buffs are activated using Points and Gold, every time a guild levels it will gain 50 points. 90% of buffs require 1 point and last for 60 minutes with the exception of the Guild Perk Buff

Guild Perk Buff
Having a Guild will give you access to a FREE Guild Buff Called the Guild Perk Buff, this has 0 Point cost but will cost 75k to activate.

This Perk lasts for 3 hours and will increase your AC MAC DC SC MC by 0 - 2

This doesnt sound like alot but for as low rate server its another incentive to get a guild of your own or join one.

There are other buffs like Defenders buff AC MAC 0 - 2 Destroyers Buff DC MC SC 0 - 2 Guild Perk Buff+ Defenders Buff+ Destroyers Buff+

All of these buffs ARE stackable and you can potentially have an increase across the range of 0 - 10 AC MAC DC MC SC

There are other buffs such as HP regen MAX HP MP Regen MAx MP, FISHING chances increased, Skill Experience increased so instead of 1 - 3 points per skill cast you would get a x2 or even x5 which could stack to x7 so you would get between 7 and 21 points per skill cast! we have a Manic Miner buff (you sinclair spectrum owners like myself will appreciate the classic reference im sure) and also the Lucky Gemmer Buff.

Generally Buffs (besides the PERK buff) should be saved and used when fighting bosses.

What Isnt Included
Ive not added any GOLD or EXP Bonuses at this time.

This isnt set in stone and i am keen to hear FEEDBACK from those looking to play ORIGINS and who are interested in making guilds and using its buffs and functions.

Sounds good, I think you should let me on to pla-... test. :)

Are you aiming for server to go live this year or the next?

Jamie

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Sounds good, I only have 1 thing i'd like to give feedback on, but it's lacking information lol.

How are guilds "leveling"?

Through exp gained by players? Purchasing of exp through gold?

The increase of member count could do with being lower, say an increase of 2 every time instead of 5, depending on your answer.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I imagine it will be standard Crystal levelling system (each time a player in guild levels the guild earns x* exp), but would be handy is he(/she?) has changed it.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
guilds level by gaining EXP off of your kills, unlike heroes where you lost exp, you dont loose exp (AFAIK) its the guild gets an addition portion of what you get. Its set to default atm with 0.01% of all exp earned going towards the guild exp so you kill and get 10,000 exp, the guild gets 1

the leveling of guilds is set currently as

0-1 = 1000
1-2 = 2000
2-3 = 5000
3-4 = 10000

so a level 0 guild would need to earn ingame 10,000,000 exp to level it but thats split between 3 players so 3.3mill each, at level 27 you need about 1 mill to level so in terms of old euro styles, it would be like leveling from 26-29 for each player roughly.

The reason i have a higher member cap on higher levels is because i think a level 3 guild should be able to have 15 members, its going to need that many to help level the guild tbh.

Guilds feature all the features released by the Crystal team, like adding funds to guild bank, a guild storage, ranks and rank editing, noticeboards etc, ive changed hardly anything with what was released, just added my own spin on the available editiable functions

In terms of when im looking to do open beta, its hard to say, tbh im aching for some old style euro mir but i need to wait, i cant launch if im not happy with how things are, it will be next year, im looking for sometime in Q1

Im not going to lie either, im not an experienced server owner with years of running servers under my belt, im just 1 person looking to make a server to play thats fun safe and free, i did spend a year making heroeseu and another 10 months running it but please dont expect any hard and fast coding champ, im only able to use whats released by the Crystal team :)

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
To be honest this server looks great im so sick of these crystal servers popping up with all this added stuff and people being mega geared and burnt through the content in a week i will 100% be trying this out job well done sanjian way to bring good old mir back :D

pwnage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 17, 2006
the open beta is to find bugs and adjust drops, mobs, any issues in general with scripts, guilds etc. the open beta isnt for leveling, i might start the open beta at level 22 just to get a feel for it.

the server will be hard, im not a fan of masses of items, masses of dungeons, masses of levels and stats, i want a server where getting that rare added drop on an item means alot... seeing that blue drop (yes added drops are a different colour) will be such a rush to see whats added. thats the sort of server i want to play and thats the server ill make :)

im also not keen on the assassin or archer, i should have added that, its not going to be a class to choose from on this server
i couldnt agree with you more lol

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
can't w8 to try this out do u have a rough eta time for a beta or anything will it be this year for beta or next ect ect can see how much work u put into this just another thing will u be playing the server as-well not only as a gm but as a player if so that might put off a few people obv u could @make kit @level ect ect ether way ill be trying this out played your last server was brill until lack of update :) hope u keep on top of this 1 :) looking forward to it bro :)

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
open beta will be next year in Q1

yes ill be a GM and a player, ill be more a player than a GM tho, it wont be a GM event run server, i just want to get stuck in and play.

I could also just log in as my player and @login using the servers password (which wont be the default lol) and i could just give myself the best kit, level 10000 and own everything. but if i was going to do that i wouldnt mess about with the ui work, building a database from the ground up, everything from monsters, items, maps, mapmovements, magics, minimaps, loginscenes, select char screens. i would be bored in 5 minutes and just stop.

I want a challenge, i dont want to be and wont be the highest level, i wont have the best kit, ill generally be a solo player just pottering through the caves, getting pked if i cant de quick enough :)

My GM char will generally be used for any issues in game which im hoping to eliminate via the bug testing so a GM shouldnt be needed and 90% of any grief issues can be handled on the forums. Im hoping the server will run itself in terms of economy, and gameplay and the less i need the GM the better the server will be.

On a side note i finished and redone the FateSword Quest which is alot different from the original and ive re=worked the blades stats. The fate sword was always a weapon i loved the look of but just so many other options were better, like a greataxe....

So ive made the FateSword Level 21, the quest line is about 8 stages, all level 21, the blade is 21 and stats are good enough to decide if you want a Greataxe or a FateSword, im not on my servers os atm so cant get accurate stats on it, but i think it was about DC 5-22 so you can either have the 5 bottom with less top dc or choose the 0-27 for the 5 extra on top with the greataxe.

There is no Wizard or Tao variations because they dont need one, the sc1-2 kriss is a step towards the serpents 1-3 and the same is for the hookedspears 1-3 and magestaffs 2-4

Any class can do the quest tho so its an extra bit of income for wiz and taos to do the quest and sell it on, so warriors can gem the crap out of it if they want to risk it..... the quest is not repeatable and the sword is bind on equip.

I know this isnt original in terms of the FateSword but the fatesword was only really a decent pk weapon and i liked the swords skin.

Im reworking the RMS quest but that sword will remain the same, the RMS Quest line will be VERY close to its original.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
open beta will be next year in Q1

yes ill be a GM and a player, ill be more a player than a GM tho, it wont be a GM event run server, i just want to get stuck in and play.

I could also just log in as my player and @login using the servers password (which wont be the default lol) and i could just give myself the best kit, level 10000 and own everything. but if i was going to do that i wouldnt mess about with the ui work, building a database from the ground up, everything from monsters, items, maps, mapmovements, magics, minimaps, loginscenes, select char screens. i would be bored in 5 minutes and just stop.

I want a challenge, i dont want to be and wont be the highest level, i wont have the best kit, ill generally be a solo player just pottering through the caves, getting pked if i cant de quick enough :)

My GM char will generally be used for any issues in game which im hoping to eliminate via the bug testing so a GM shouldnt be needed and 90% of any grief issues can be handled on the forums. Im hoping the server will run itself in terms of economy, and gameplay and the less i need the GM the better the server will be.

On a side note i finished and redone the FateSword Quest which is alot different from the original and ive re=worked the blades stats. The fate sword was always a weapon i loved the look of but just so many other options were better, like a greataxe....

So ive made the FateSword Level 21, the quest line is about 8 stages, all level 21, the blade is 21 and stats are good enough to decide if you want a Greataxe or a FateSword, im not on my servers os atm so cant get accurate stats on it, but i think it was about DC 5-22 so you can either have the 5 bottom with less top dc or choose the 0-27 for the 5 extra on top with the greataxe.

There is no Wizard or Tao variations because they dont need one, the sc1-2 kriss is a step towards the serpents 1-3 and the same is for the hookedspears 1-3 and magestaffs 2-4

Any class can do the quest tho so its an extra bit of income for wiz and taos to do the quest and sell it on, so warriors can gem the crap out of it if they want to risk it..... the quest is not repeatable and the sword is bind on equip.

I know this isnt original in terms of the FateSword but the fatesword was only really a decent pk weapon and i liked the swords skin.

Im reworking the RMS quest but that sword will remain the same, the RMS Quest line will be VERY close to its original.

Hate to be a ball buster.

But the DragonSword was DC 5-22 or 7-22? That was the decisive weapon to a GAxe...You may have just made it worthless lol. The FateSword had its stats for a reason :D

Unless you've changed the DSword stats. This is of course going by the fact you've used the usual stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.