ORIGINS [Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
except you forget that dsword has aspeed on it :)

i would choose a dsword over a gaxe,

but i would be torn between the gaxe and fatesword, gaxe lucked up hits higher top with bonuses from top dc items so i would try to luck up a gaxe and would have that over a dsword, because mobs have dynamic ac-mac (higher than normal and lower than normal) i will need higher hits, especially on a boss say like et. the main reason for the fatesword changes were thats its stats were just a pk sword, high bottom dc so curse didnt affect it as much as say a gaxe. but with a low usercount the pk wont be high enough to warrent a pk blade, you could even use a puri 10-13 the fate was only 12-16 i believe?

so on a low usercount the fatesword is just worthless, but i like its skin so i want them in game, i just dont think its a high end weapon and for a low rate server, warriors will suffer in the beginning with a lack of spells, so a nice lvl 21 to level 26 (if you find a gaxe) blade would be nice.

the stats on the fate can be adjusted to suit the majourity of user feedback tbh. but you have the poweraxe 2-20 then nothing really untill the gaxe 0-27 unless your lucky enough to get a dsword 7-22 aspeed+1, so something in the middle, i dont want top dc on the fate above 22 but needs to be higher than the poweraxe to make the quest even worth something. plus you could always try your luck and gem it :)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
except you forget that dsword has aspeed on it :)

i would choose a dsword over a gaxe,

but i would be torn between the gaxe and fatesword, gaxe lucked up hits higher top with bonuses from top dc items so i would try to luck up a gaxe and would have that over a dsword, because mobs have dynamic ac-mac (higher than normal and lower than normal) i will need higher hits, especially on a boss say like et. the main reason for the fatesword changes were thats its stats were just a pk sword, high bottom dc so curse didnt affect it as much as say a gaxe. but with a low usercount the pk wont be high enough to warrent a pk blade, you could even use a puri 10-13 the fate was only 12-16 i believe?

so on a low usercount the fatesword is just worthless, but i like its skin so i want them in game, i just dont think its a high end weapon and for a low rate server, warriors will suffer in the beginning with a lack of spells, so a nice lvl 21 to level 26 (if you find a gaxe) blade would be nice.

the stats on the fate can be adjusted to suit the majourity of user feedback tbh. but you have the poweraxe 2-20 then nothing really untill the gaxe 0-27 unless your lucky enough to get a dsword 7-22 aspeed+1, so something in the middle, i dont want top dc on the fate above 22 but needs to be higher than the poweraxe to make the quest even worth something. plus you could always try your luck and gem it :)

Would happily Gem it if you make the quest repeatable xD

Oooo thats a question.

We going to have repeatable quests for each cave? Helps with the grinding of a target.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Will you leave some crystal changes in your server? For example the pets staying on log out, I for one hope you don't try to recreate the pets untaming after 2hours.

Also I am guessing gold will have value on here, but could pot drops be better than euro was, I always found it nice playing a server where you could maintain a decent hunt because pot drops were reasonably nice.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
yea i want to have repeatable quests on the server, most villages have a noticeboard that i want to include repeatable quests onto, so in say mongchon you would have 4 repeatables, ones that took you into bc, ast, zt and foxes. to break up the grind and make it more incentive based.

with regards to pots, i would like the main reason for leaving a hunt to be for repairing and selling up, not repotting. ofcourse your going to have to play conservitivly, like say a warrior, if your going through grinding with tdb your going to need alot of mp.

its why i want to bring back the RedORchid items value into the game, now with crystal files i can, the HPDrain feature is lovely, i used to spend hours in BC with 2 redorchid rings and never had to pot red, just mana for hm and fs and tdb.

Feedback from the beta will be key for the drops, if players cant go out for a couple of hours with a group or solo and not sustain a hunt then the pot drops are wrong imo.

Im also not having any GROUP BONUS what so ever, if anything groups exp will be detrimental as its split between the group, higher levels getting more exp than lower levels, players will need to group to kill bosses but you wont be getting benefits from it, just the fact you can kill a boss and share the drop.

---------- Post Merged at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:04 PM ----------

ahh forgot about the pets.

i really like how if you get a dc with leveled pets your not punished, i want to keep this. i did like the idea of untaming wizards pets because i remember actually taming off of other wizards just to keep the 2 hours duration up on leveld blackmags!

this one is abit up in the air because im not sure how its going to go yet

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
---------- Post Merged at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:04 PM ----------

i really like how if you get a dc with leveled pets your not punished, i want to keep this. i did like the idea of untaming wizards pets because i remember actually taming off of other wizards just to keep the 2 hours duration up on leveld blackmags!

Don't forget with the current problems Azzi is having with Affinity with the D/Cing this feature won't work if the server shuts down.
Would be helpful if Azzi reports his findings to the crystal team so they can prevent this from happening

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
yea i want to have repeatable quests on the server, most villages have a noticeboard that i want to include repeatable quests onto, so in say mongchon you would have 4 repeatables, ones that took you into bc, ast, zt and foxes. to break up the grind and make it more incentive based.

with regards to pots, i would like the main reason for leaving a hunt to be for repairing and selling up, not repotting. ofcourse your going to have to play conservitivly, like say a warrior, if your going through grinding with tdb your going to need alot of mp.

its why i want to bring back the RedORchid items value into the game, now with crystal files i can, the HPDrain feature is lovely, i used to spend hours in BC with 2 redorchid rings and never had to pot red, just mana for hm and fs and tdb.

Feedback from the beta will be key for the drops, if players cant go out for a couple of hours with a group or solo and not sustain a hunt then the pot drops are wrong imo.

Im also not having any GROUP BONUS what so ever, if anything groups exp will be detrimental as its split between the group, higher levels getting more exp than lower levels, players will need to group to kill bosses but you wont be getting benefits from it, just the fact you can kill a boss and share the drop.

Great too see things like this :D

One more thing! I see you mentioned the RedOrchid set for HP draining, which I also loved using on euro. Would you be looking too change the set stats, and maybe other sets too make them very interesting too use?

Just a few examples.

Warrior(DC Set)

RedOrchid Item - Leeches 5% of damage done as HP (only 1 ring/bracelet gives the effect)
RedOrchid Full Set(3 Pieces) - Leeches 20% of damage done as HP (5% extra for the full set)

Wizard(MC Set)

RedFlower Item - Reduces the cost of spell by 5%
RedFlower Full Set(3 Pieces) - Reduces the cost of spells by 20% (5% extra for the full set)

Taoist(SC Set) *NEW*

RedRose Item - Increase Pet Damage by 5%
RedRose Full Set(3 Pieces) -Increase Pet Damage by 20% (5% extra for the full set)

I would love too see set more utilized within mir, and give some nice bonus' but nothing overpowered.

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Interesting to read about the RedOrchid set... that is always one of the items I love to test when starting to play a new server

I stopped playing euro just after the patch that added this set so I never played with one on euro but when I played mir3 this set was pretty much needed for playing a sin... getting the right balance to make the set good enough to use but not OP seems tricky

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

How much of a time for the DC?

Or could perhaps have them be permanent so we're able to sleep without painfully re-taming :P With of course keeping the existing untame timers.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
ive been testing pets as its not somehting ive looked at fully and the way its coded is that pets level on the exp you get not the like the original mir where leveling them was easier and based of first hits and kills.

I think depending on players feedback.... pets wont untame. You wont lose them on log out and the only way you will lose leveled pets is with a server restart or they get killed, the same is true for taos.

I took 5 tongs and killed over 1000 scarecrows with them, at level 30, not a single one leveled. i then spawned 10 omakings and @killed them and had 5 level 7 tongs, so leveling pets will be a new experience with these files and as its harder they will remain yours untill they die.

There is no sort of untame timer, i kept my tongs online for over 8 hours and still had them in the morning.

Its not the original way but i do like that it forces you to kind of try to level your pets on slightly harder mobs rather than going to WT 1st and caining them on cavebats :)

How do those who wish to play feel about this?

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Don't have an opinion personally on it, but I think you can be safe in the knowledge that in my continuous trawling of these forums, I can not recall seeing anyone criticising the way pets level on these files. If anyone HAS mentioned it, it was probably more as a finer point of the larger complain that servers kept crashing leading to restarts...

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
ive been testing pets as its not somehting ive looked at fully and the way its coded is that pets level on the exp you get not the like the original mir where leveling them was easier and based of first hits and kills.

I think depending on players feedback.... pets wont untame. You wont lose them on log out and the only way you will lose leveled pets is with a server restart or they get killed, the same is true for taos.

I took 5 tongs and killed over 1000 scarecrows with them, at level 30, not a single one leveled. i then spawned 10 omakings and @killed them and had 5 level 7 tongs, so leveling pets will be a new experience with these files and as its harder they will remain yours untill they die.

There is no sort of untame timer, i kept my tongs online for over 8 hours and still had them in the morning.

Its not the original way but i do like that it forces you to kind of try to level your pets on slightly harder mobs rather than going to WT 1st and caining them on cavebats :)

How do those who wish to play feel about this?

Having already known about the way the Crystal pets level up, I prefer it.

I always hated having to wait for my pets to hit first or something. Perhaps the exp requirement could be tweaked so its not insanely hard to level them with your exp, but I prefer it this way.

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I love pets not despawning/untaming on logout (I hated being punished for my bad internet connection)... I like pets not untaming if it is harder to level them in the first place... and the pets leveling off exp seems much better than killing lots of low level mobs

how about a pet storage npc? often when I have pets I actually want to go somewhere and not take them with me so they clog up the safe zone until I return... if no pets untame maybe the safe zones will be full of them

I always wanted the ability to be able to plan that if I want to hunt tomorrow in the limited time I have after work so I could prepare by taming some pets, leveling them, and storing them ready for when I log in (even if you had to pay the npc a small sum of gold for the privilage I think it would be awesome)

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
its not guys its just one guy... me, no one else is working on the files, i dont trust anyone except myself, that way if anything goes wrong its my fault :)

But progress will be slower over the xmas period as family takes president over the server, its why i didnt push for a pre xmas release for beta

Im currently working on the Quest system

FateSword and RMS quests are done and working

Bichon Province has its Daily Quests
Woomyon Woods has its Daily Quests

There are alot of single quests from alot of NPCs not just dailys, ive done about 20 so far not including the Fate chain and the RMS chain and the dailies.

One quest will reward you with your first Vanity pet so everyone can have a vanity pet to start with (level 11)

Ive been working on the Fishing drops and the fishing system i want to be in place, ill post more on this once ive done the scripting for the way it will be working. There will be fishing Repeatables not dailies, just repeatables and also fishing based quests.

When i have free time i work on the quests, writing them then testing them, then testing some more.

Once ive got a good solid 90% of the quests done im pretty much done with the server and will look into sorting out a beta and also getting my files hosted and the autopatcher working so there wont be a need for endless links about needing a newer exe, everything should be downloaded automatically. through one application.

Most of the changes will be made during beta once ive got player feedback on what needs adjusting. spell powers/drops/mobs etc

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I hope you will have latest files revision (1.1.0.1) and keep revising it as files get updated, or is that maybe too much work to transfer database to new release? Its just all crystal servers AFAIK keep to the same release which they opened with and probably will never update the base release (likely because they customized their source code, not just database), only tack their own releases on. What particularly bugs me is the bag resetting to default position which I understand was fixed but all crystal servers stick with the older release and it doesn't look like they will bother... no idea how involving such transfer is though.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
no i wont be keeping older revisions, i will be up to date with the latest revision that the crystals team release and will utilize all the feature they add as long as it fits in with my servers idea

---------- Post Merged at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Heres a look at my latest bit of scripting which involves the Fishing minigame and a chance to get in the record books! Also included is the location and start of the fishing Quest to get everyone started.

This is using the latest revision released but with Fars fix for the buying more than 1 item.

I got lucky with my first fish landing it in the 90's!

[video=youtube;mcopsdwqJpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcopsdwqJpY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

---------- Post Merged at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:28 PM ----------

ive also fixed the typo on the weigh script lol

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
no i wont be keeping older revisions, i will be up to date with the latest revision that the crystals team release and will utilize all the feature they add as long as it fits in with my servers idea

---------- Post Merged at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Heres a look at my latest bit of scripting which involves the Fishing minigame and a chance to get in the record books! Also included is the location and start of the fishing Quest to get everyone started.

This is using the latest revision released but with Fars fix for the buying more than 1 item.

I got lucky with my first fish landing it in the 90's!

[video=youtube;mcopsdwqJpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcopsdwqJpY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

---------- Post Merged at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:28 PM ----------

ive also fixed the typo on the weigh script lol

Looking good o/

Do you gain anything for the record? You could have it reset weekly and the highest record for each fish wins something each week

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
yes thats the plan, the highest catch can get a weekly reward with the fishing reset when i do a weekly maintenence reboot which i did with heroeseu.

unsure on the reward yet but will be something worth having, an ORB or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.