Albion Online

smoochy boys on tour

Repo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 1, 2009
Posting this as it has a lot of similarities to Mir.

Full open world sandbox game with full pk/pvp everything is open world even the dungeons which will have people fighting over bosses etc. Nothing is instanced.
Crafting / Gathering system like Ark Survival (cut down tree's and mine stone for resources etc to craft with)
Guild v Guild and Terrotory PvP
Lvling up skills
Massive skill tree to choose your class / weapons / skills
And loads other ****

I will say though it seems more hardcore than Mir in regard to full loot drop on death (yes you drop your entire equip) not sure if i like this yet or if its a bit too much

Currently in closed beta but you can buy founder pack to enter straight away or get lucky with getting a beta key from streamers / youtubers (which is what im trying to do) It will be free to play on release (next year)

I haven't played it yet but it looks good and people saying good things about it. Check out twitch channels or youtube for more videos.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZpze0TZHk

Last edited:

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
there are parts of this game that make me think "Runescape" no idea why though. However, when this is released i might give this a bash to see what its like

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
This looks like its a fkin huge world . Very cool , very swag ! I will play it ! :D

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
On mir your char is always in the center of the screen view and when you move, it is the ground which moves, here it is different, also the chars give the impression of floating over (back)ground. In mir you don't get this feeling of the ground being background. Seeing the archers (or whatever it is) fight reminds of arcade style gaming.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
God I hate the new "global English" accent. Part USA, part AUS and part who knows where. Raising up at unnatural points with intonation all wrong too. Aargh !

That said, I like much of the concept, especially that everything is crafted.
The last scene of her walking away with that weapon made me think that, on death, a char should be lootable. Not drop stuff but you get a chance to loot or harvest a dead body. Even passers by could loot a body if they find it. No afk in Albion !

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
On mir your char is always in the center of the screen view and when you move, it is the ground which moves, here it is different, also the chars give the impression of floating over (back)ground. In mir you don't get this feeling of the ground being background. Seeing the archers (or whatever it is) fight reminds of arcade style gaming.

It's pretty weird. Sometimes you don't even know which one is the character he's playing.

God I hate the new "global English" accent. Part USA, part AUS and part who knows where. Raising up at unnatural points with intonation all wrong too. Aargh !

That said, I like much of the concept, especially that everything is crafted.
The last scene of her walking away with that weapon made me think that, on death, a char should be lootable. Not drop stuff but you get a chance to loot or harvest a dead body. Even passers by could loot a body if they find it. No afk in Albion !

That "new English" is a lot easier to understand than any other accent, at least for me it is.

You drop everything on death but there are safe zones.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Lootable upon death could perhaps be implemented quite easily as harvesting, which is already in game, the drop file of the dead would be what they got on them, body and bag.

That dropping everything makes a game again more like arcade, not rpg. Arcade here means everything is fast, you gain items fast, you loose them fast. Downside is you can't have real rare items, everything has to be almost like disposable napkins. I played Red Moon korean game before euro mir and there you also dropped everything and respawned in a hospital building with bag empty and nothing on character and you had to leave the hospital building naked and run to bank where you had gold and items deposited, pretty stupid really. Some pple would make it their business to stand just outside the hospital door and pk you instantly as you stepped out the door and you had to wait till they went away or logged off.

Repo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 1, 2009
I have got into Beta and the game is very good, as much as I expected, back home in few days so I can play more.

As for the game being "arcadey" and gear being disposable, the very best endgame gear will take years to get, so no it is not disposable at all, you just need to be careful which gear you take into red/black zones.

Repo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 1, 2009
I am going that route also xD almost got my Scythe!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm struggling to choose a route to be honest. I might try melee at some point, most of my points seem to be thrown into staffs

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Definitely giving this a go when it launches. Playing Devilian to pass the time till then

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
games been updated and im now using scythe its like having a j.mace on euro ^^

alkaprawn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2012
hi guys i been playing this bout 2 weeks now n loving the game so far whats your ingame names???? we can probs hunt together maybe even make a guild to help each other out with stuff my ingame name is same as here Alkaprawn

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Dear Fellow Adventurers,

now that the closed beta test is in full swing, we have a very important announcement to make.
The closed beta will be extended until at least 1st August 2016
The game will not be free to play at launch

Just read this from the albion forums, going to take as long as apocalypse to release then D:

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Dear Fellow Adventurers,

now that the closed beta test is in full swing, we have a very important announcement to make.
The closed beta will be extended until at least 1st August 2016
The game will not be free to play at launch

Just read this from the albion forums, going to take as long as apocalypse to release then D:

i just hope they delete the apoc thread sooner than later on this forum.

booHA

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2010
the release date is july the 17th i think?. is any one going to play this / been playing this? am thinking buying a founders pack tomorrow an giving it ago the pvp looks fun dropping your whole kit if you die an guild v guild sounds amazing