Raspberry Pi

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Does/has anybody jumped onto the Pi wagon?

Bloke at work ordered two and passed one my way, and I've got it now i'm lost what to do with it... Was wondering if anybody has one and what applications they've used it for.

Ta!

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Which model have you got Smavid? The latest model is actually pretty powerful.

There are a bunch of applications for them (in actual fact the later models you can use Windows 10 and Ubuntu mini on)... The most I have used mine for is a XMBC (forget new name) client, reading and playing movies from a NAS.

Sam

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Which model have you got Smavid? The latest model is actually pretty powerful.

There are a bunch of applications for them (in actual fact the later models you can use Windows 10 and Ubuntu mini on)... The most I have used mine for is a XMBC (forget new name) client, reading and playing movies from a NAS.

Sam

You mean Kodi?

Is Raspberry what they use for the Android boxes? I've tried looking into making my own but don't know where to start lol

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
You mean Kodi?

Is Raspberry what they use for the Android boxes? I've tried looking into making my own but don't know where to start lol

Kodi that is it... I have never heard of an Android Box tbh.

Pi's are pretty good for hosting websites as well tbh.. Specially if your expecting low traffic and/or have a good upload connection... Almost free to run (except for the extremely low power consumption bill).

Sam