Legend of Mir ORIGINS [CrystalM2] OpenBeta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

Open Beta
Saturday 23rd January 2016
8:30am

The server will be running from today until Saturday 23rd at 10m. Players will have that time to download the client, create an account and create your characters.
At 10am I will reboot the server and it will then be open for players to connect to.

The main purpose of Open Beta will be to ensure players can download the client, get in game, get used to the way ive set it up and get a feel for the server.

If anyone is able to report any issues then they will be dealt with and we can then address them.

There are NO SERVER RULES for Open Beta but be aware that there will be rules in place for the LIVE SERVER that will be posted on our forums before live launch.

LIVE LAUNCH will be dated at some time early February. Before LIVE there will be a complete character AND account wipe meaning you will need
to remake your accounts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINS is a mir 2 server that attempts to bring about a feeling that was present in the European Legend of Mir 2.

ORIGINS is powered by the CrystalM2 files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Features

ORIGINS only supports 1024x768 Resolution (Windowed or Fullscreen)

The original classes, Warrior, Wizard and Taoist

Accurate Class and Item stats putting a focus back on BodyWeight

Accurate Mob stats with dynamic AC & AMC

Experience Rate x1

Euro based drops with slight customization

Dedicated Server Stats

ORIGINS is hosted on a Dedicated Server in Paris with the following features:

Intel Xeon 3.2Ghz Proccessor

16Gig of RAM

Windows Server 2008 R2

Anti-DDoS Protection

250 Mbs Bandwidth

Maps

ORIGINS features both WeMade and Shanda maps trying to utilise both styles to create an envirnment that is both functional and pleasing to the eyes. The list below details which maps are used and what locations they are used on.

● Bichon Province (Shanda)
○ Natural Cave (WeMade)
○ Oma Cave (WeMade)
○ Dead Mine (WeMade)
● Woomyon Woods (Shanda)
○ Insect Cave (WeMade)
○ Wooma Temple [Redesigned] (Shanda)
● Serpent Valley (Shanda)
● Mongchon Province (Shanda)
○ Death Valley (WeMade)
○ Angled Stone Tomb [Redesigned] (Shanda)
○ Zuma Temple [Redesigned] (Shanda)
○ Sacred Fox Cave (Shanda)
● Tao School (Shanda)
● Tree Path & Redmooon Valley (WeMade)
● Castle Gi-Ryoong (Shanda)
○ Black Dragon Dungeon [Redesigned] (Shanda)
● Prajna Island (Shanda)
○ Prajna Stone Cave (WeMade)
○ Prajna Temple (WeMade)
○ Prajna Orc Dungeon [Redesigned] (Shanda)
● Past Bichon (WeMade)
○ Past Bichon Gorge (WeMade)

maps.fw.png

Quests

ORIGINS has utilised the quest system in place on the CrystalM2 files and created brand new quests that have been written from the ground up.

The server see's the return of the FateSword Quest and the RedmoonSword Quest. Re-written and made to suit the server

The server also boasts a large selection of Daily Quests that are available in every area of the game.

quests.fw.png

Guilds

Making Guilds remains true to the original Mir in that you will need to be atleast level 22, pay 1 million gold and have a WoomaHorn.

Guilds are created by taking the items to the Administrator in Bichon Wall Palace.

There are specific naming rules for creating Guilds which can be read in the Rules section of the servers forums.

All Guilds start at level 0 and have a member cap of 3 players. To increase a Guilds level you must hunt. All the time you hunt, the Guild levels slowly. When a Guild reaches a new level its member cap will increase by 1. Once a Guild reaches level 10 its member cap will beocme 15.

Guilds gain GuildPoints with each level up. These points can then be spent on Buffs for the members of the Guild, with the exception of the Guild Perk Buff which requires 0 points.

Guilds have their own Home Page which can be edited, Storage which can be accessed via different ranks of the guild, Ranking system that allows Guild leaders to edit what ranks can do what within the Guild.

Guilds are a vital part of ORIGINS and you should try to create one as soon as possible, or join a friends.

guild.fw.png

Sabuk Wall Conquest

The battle for Sabuk Wall returns with a twist.

Controlling Sabuk Wall no longer involves fighting into the Palce but instead it takes on a King of the Hill style fight.

The attacking Guild must capture a location and hold it long enough so that they become the holders of Sabuk Wall. Winning Sabuk Wall give the owning Guild the chance to raise (or lower) that Tax rate on all NPC's in Mongchon Province with the Tax going to the Palace. Sabuk Wall Guild members do not pay this tax and can collect the tax at any time from the Administrator inside Sabuk Walls Palace.

Sabuk Wall also features a Dragon Stone Dungeon Store that will sell players Scrolls that take them to a specific dungeon. The prices for these scrolls can be quite high.

To start a Sabuk Wall Conquest you must bring a ZumaRelic to the Administrator in Bichon Walls Palace.

sabuk.fw.png

Gems & Orbs

The original gemming system is back. Select a Gem or Orb and CTRL + Left click on the item you wish to try and upgrade.

Each item can have a maximum of +7 stats added via gems/orbs with each induvidual stat only allowing +3 (AC, MAC, DC, MC, SC, Slow, AttackSpeed, Poison, Accuracy, Agility, MagicResistance, PoisonResistance and Durability)

Each upgrade slightly reduces the % chance of the next upgrade working.

Gems are more common than Orbs but Gems also have the chance to DESTROY an item. Orbs will only ever Upgrade or Fail.

gem.fw.png

Awakening

Awakening is a brand new system that enables some items (Weapons, Helmets and Armours) to be awoken.

Awakening an item will increase its base stats depending on the type of Glyph used. There are 6 Glyphs in the game. Bravery(DC), Magic(MC), Soul(SC), Protection(AC), EvilSlayer(MAC) and Power(HP & MP).

Glyphs are classed into rarety types, Common, Rare, Legendary and Mythical. To awaken a Rare type Item you must use a Rare Glyph and a Rare Awakening Stone (AwakeningStones can be bought from any Grocer)

There are currently 5 levels of Awakening for each item. To awaken an item it must be taken to the Dragon Forge in Sabuk Wall. Once you have all the materials you may attempt an Awakening. Be warned tho, this proccess may break yout item!

Items can be awoken with different possible outcomes if successfull. depending on the grade of the item. A Common Glyph will only add 1-1. A Rare Glyph can add 1-1 or 2-2. A Legendary Glyph can add 1-1, 2-2 or 3-3 and finally a Mythical Glyph could add 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 or 4-4. So it would be possible to add to a SwordOfWarGod 20-20.

This system is extremely powerful and once a stat has been added it can never be removed or changed.

awakening.fw.png

Vanity Pets

Vanity Pets are creatures that will assist you during your adventures by picking up your items for you.

These pets cannot be targeted or killed and while they are summoned they will slowly lose stamina. To replenish your pets stamina you must buy VanityPetFood. If a VanityPet reaches its lowest stamina threshold it will refuse to pick up any items. If a VanityPet loses all its stamina you must buy a VanityPetRevivalScroll.

VanityPets have their own currency called Pearls. 1 pearl is gained for every 500 items your pet picks up. You can spend Pearls on items from the Pearl Vendor who wanders through the world of ORIGINS.

Some VanityPets also produce BlackStones. If a VanityPet is capable of producing BlackStones then one will be produced every 5 hours that a pet has been summoned for. BlackStones are special items that are like chests. Right click the BlackStone to open it. There are alot of different items you can obtain, but you will always get something.

vanity.fw.png

Mounts

There are mounts in game which you can ride to move around the world faster. A Quest becomes available at level 22 that lets you obtain your own mount.

Mounts are capable of being ridden in dungeons, but you will need DungeonReins. Mounts are capable of attacking monsters while you are riding but you need AttackBells.

While riding a mount it will lose Loyalty. Loyalty can be regained by feeding your mount meat. Meat obtained from Hens, Deers, Wolves and Sheep will be raw. Using raw meat on a mount will reduce its top Loyalty. The best way to feed a mount is to cook the meat first. The StableHand in Bichon Wall has a Cooking Pot that you can use to cook your raw meat. Using Cooked Meat on a mount will not reduce its top Loyalty.

You can also obtain a LoyaltyRibbon which your mount can wear to lower the amount of Loyalty that is lost while active.

mounts.fw.png

Fishing

Fishing in ORIGINS is both rewarding and enjoyable. At level 11 a Quest will become available that once completed will reward you with your first set of fishing gear. It also unlocks the two fishing locations available to you, Old Speci Lake and Fishermans Isle.

Each location has its own record board for the biggest fish cought. Being the top of the board at the end of each month will reward you with a choice of Orb!

Also every Sunday between 2 and 6pm Master Fisherman George will become available. George will trade your fish for Experience and he will buy your fish for twice the normal rate. Catching a FantailGoldfish or a EuropeanCongerEel during this time could reward a player very well.

Not only fish can be caught....

fishing.fw.png

Relationships and WeddingRings

Finally a Relationship System that isnt limited to Male & Female only relationships. The team behind the CrystalM2 files have worked hard on getting a great Relationship System into the game.

You must be level 22 to start a relationship. While fighting alongside your partner in the same Group you will gain a 10% Experience boost. You can also check the location of your partner by lookijng at the Relationship Status Window.

If things dont work out, you can always get a divorce. Getting a divorce will then place you into a relationship cooldown for 7 days. This means you will not be able to enter into another relationship for that period.

Once youve found true love you may decide to get a Wedding Ring. Once you have completed the Lovers Quest you should pay a visit to Archbishop Augustine in Castle Gi-Ryoong. The Archbishop will create a WeddingRing for you.

A WeddingRing can be any ring you choose and once created it will never lose dura, you will never drop it, but you can also never remove it. The only way to remove a WeddingRing is to get a divorce!

When you both own a WeddingRing, you are able to teleport to your partner.

relationship.fw.png

Rested Experience

If you Stand in or Log Out inside a SafeZone for 60 minutes you will acquire a 10 minute 10% Experience Buff. This buff will stack upto a maximum of 5 hours.

rested.fw.png

Last edited:

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I'm downloading... once I get home from work sometime after 5pm on sat I can jump in and make sure it is all working

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
The server will be running from today until Saturday 23rd at 10m. Players will have that time to download the client, create an account and create your characters.
At 10am I will reboot the server and it will then be open for players to connect to.​

I was hoping that would make sense? im jusy letting players make chars and account, the game opens on sunday, this time untill then is to make sure players can get into the char screen and can make accounts and no auto patcher issues.

hittman85

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 19, 2015
damn i just downloaded as well thinking i could play now untill saturday

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Will you be adding an option to upgrade / replace wedding rings (Like on Mir 3)?

I looked at the feature and wasnt keen on the ability to easily replace a weddingring without anything detrimental to the player so atm, its not an option, the replace feature works but i found replacing a paralysisring cost 0 gold regardless of the cost in the item DB.

im not going to be using the feature as a player that often i dont think so perhaps this would be an occasion where the community could choose how this is handled?

Omniscient

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
Will all Special Rings be in the drops (talking about para/proring mainly)?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Personally I think they should remain out of game.

ProRing makes Wizards almost Invincible.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
The only time special rings should be in game is if they are reworked completely.

Something along the lines of:

ParalysisRing - Gain the chance to cause Paralysis to the target for 5 seconds, cooldown 1 minute.
ProtectionRing - 1/3 of the damage you receive is taken using MP instead of HP
ClearRing - Grants you the ability "Stealth" - Become invisible to monsters and players for 10 seconds, 1 minute cooldown.
MuscleRing - Same effect as euro, but maybe include some base stats on it? Possibly 1-2, 1-2, 0-5, 0-4, 0-4(AC, MAC, DC, SC, MC)
RevivalRing - This should just remain the same

Just some examples of how it could work.

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
I think they should all be ingame except para and pro rings, they just unbalance things.

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
yes all special rings are in game and in drops.

i remain pretty much that special rings have a place in the game but they should be extremely rare.

Bravo. Once again, I love your response and your dedication to the "old euro mir" feel. I am uber-excited for this server.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Great advert, I still remain sceptical (with regards to experience rate) but I will most certainly be giving it a go.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I looked at the feature and wasnt keen on the ability to easily replace a weddingring without anything detrimental to the player so atm, its not an option, the replace feature works but i found replacing a paralysisring cost 0 gold regardless of the cost in the item DB.

im not going to be using the feature as a player that often i dont think so perhaps this would be an occasion where the community could choose how this is handled?

I see, I was more concerned by the fact that depending on how soon people can get the wedding ring quest completed, dragon or power ring might be the best ring at the time... later they would have to be divorced for a week just to change this to a boundless ring (when they become available).

I wouldn't let Special rings become wedding rings to be honest.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
to be fair its possible that wedding rings will want to be changed quite often as gems arnt that hard to find, insect cave, fishing, alot of mobs have them. i enjoy trying to smash things ^^ so alot of the time your weddingring will want to be replaced with a ring youve been able to gem well.

the whole purpose of the weddingring is it allows you to teleport your lover to your location so it can be doubly powerful having it as a recall ring for your partner and it never loses dura, therefor not letting you replace it makes people think carefully about what ring becomes the weddingring.

my lack of coding knowledge limits my ability to stop specials being wedding rings. specials cant be gemmed atleast... so thats where im at.. any more opinions is always welcomed

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Bravo. Once again, I love your response and your dedication to the "old euro mir" feel. I am uber-excited for this server.
You do know.. the only reason Euro Mir2 got flooded with all the Main rares was because of the Easter Event right?

Good Luck Sanjian will download tonight once I get home,

Status
Not open for further replies.