Legend of Mir ORIGINS [CrystalM2] OpenBeta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
The only time special rings should be in game is if they are reworked completely.

Something along the lines of:

ParalysisRing - Gain the chance to cause Paralysis to the target for 5 seconds, cooldown 1 minute.

I'd rather like to see probably easily implemented (make a checkmark in item config file) make para not work in pvp, only on mobs.
Problem with cooldown time is, are you gonna tie up ring spot on melee char (and sacrifice the DC stat you could have working all the time) with something that works as you suggest?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I'd rather like to see probably easily implemented (make a checkmark in item config file) make para not work in pvp, only on mobs.
Problem with cooldown time is, are you gonna tie up ring spot on melee char (and sacrifice the DC stat you could have working all the time) with something that works as you suggest?

It was just an example, the thing with what you said is fine, have it only work on mobs. However you would need to also make it not work on bosses in my eyes, A warrior with very high attack speed and a para ring can kill any boss because they can keep it paralyzed for the duration of the fight, which is why I suggested the cooldown idea.

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
Looking forward to your server

---------- Post Merged at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Also I'd change to original post as it implies that open beta starts on 23rd if you dont read closely

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
My download seems to cap at 225 kbs anyone have this issue too? Going really slow...

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
mine started like that untill i realised steam was running and was downloading.

you shouldnt get any speed issues my end :)

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
Where is the server located? Maybe I can run the launcher through WTFast? For example I get like 3 mbs on the chronicles laucher I am in the US

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
A warrior with very high attack speed and a para ring can kill any boss because they can keep it paralyzed for the duration of the fight, which is why I suggested the cooldown idea.

Fair point, on some servers high speed warrior even using just TDB stuns mobs to the point they can't unstun till they fall dead, even some smaller bosses...how about making bosses more paralysis resistant or coming out of paralysis faster, just off the top my head.

Not sure that making these items very rare solves the problem, on euro if they didn't drop in events they pretty well wouldn't be in the game at all, meaning you might as well not have them at all. BTW I was proud owner of two para rings on euro from that infamous Easter event till euro ended, never sold even one and both were dura 5 till very end... they weren't all that powerful, not for me anyway since I didn't have very high DC or ASpeed meaning I could keep the boss paralyzed but than I didn't do much damage, I developed technique of equipping and un-equipping para ring on the fly (swapping for DC ring), as needed to get my HP back up, in short it wasn't as good as you might think (never used both at the same time unless experimenting with them, was overkill plus the DC loss was tragic). And for leveling with them wasn't too great either except in some special cases when the mobs weren't too easy or too hard and how fast I could kill with or without para... as I say, they were both full dura by the time the server went offline. I didn't pvp so can't say much about that.

Last edited:

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I'm my life (I'm 36) I only really remember 2 easters...

one was when I was ~level 16 (age 16) and got 2 full boxes of cadburys creme eggs (thats 96 eggs) yum yum
...and the other was Mir2 phoenix server easter event, I got a muscle ring, healing ring, green bead necklace, & flame ring (i think)

before that the special items were super rare and I loved the thought that I could get one but probably wouldn't (I actually originally thought you could get any item of any monster but some monsters had better chance for certain items and some had very little chance of droping anything of use)

and although I would love to have an unbreakable nodrop teleport or clear ring, even if they are super rare I think it would probably be for the best if they are not usable as wedding rings and had to be risked when used

stig001

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2010
Real orig mir was harsh... the pk'ers didnt have it easy... people died and drops were stolen, whole guilds lured on in WT Kings room... The thrills and atmosphere came from this element of risk... there was no negotiating with staff what dropped and why... give Sanjien a break, he's trying to recreate original mir, i hope it wont be the carebear server we've become accustomed to. Make it harsh mate, take out the minimap :sorrow:

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
You do know.. the only reason Euro Mir2 got flooded with all the Main rares was because of the Easter Event right?

Good Luck Sanjian will download tonight once I get home,

I'm afraid I've missed your point?

I know all about the Easter event... and I am pro - proring/pararing. :joyous:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I'm afraid I've missed your point?

I know all about the Easter event... and I am pro - proring/pararing. :joyous:
My point is.. If it wasn't for this event, These types of items wouldn't be available in such large numbers. So if Sanjian has made these special rings very rare they shouldn't be popping in game very early.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
it was the easter even that had the hens that ruined euro mir (dragon server atleast as thats all i played)

i spend hours in a corner in woomyon along the bottom where i got about 5-6 hens an hour and its was stupid... got dswords, judgementmaces, ssw's :S

if with some help from jamie i can stop the specials being weddingrings then that will be put in place and the ability to replace weddingrings will be added to the npc script.

some bosses REQUIRED a pararing to be able to kill... especially early days, bloody hell i also remember a 3 hour QUEUE for RME lol (no fighting, them was civilised days untill the koreans came in and started owning all the euro players) i used to spend all nighters in rme kingroom with a guy called Hardonails just killing rme on a 3 hour respawn... what a wasted youth lol

specials will stay in game, special will remain true to euro EXCEPT RecoveryRing enables MassHealing not Healing and FlameRing enables firewall, not fireball.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Sanjian i remember queing for EC for hallgarth for 3hours same with OSK some of the good old days tbh, MysteryCave was also a good one ques used tobe huge.

Like you have said you make a script in not allowing special rings to become weddingrings.

Also RecoveryRing and FlameRing can be changed easily as i think it only calls a Said Skill so should be just changing the skill name

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
yeah skills via rings are easily changed via the configs :) i was thinking about the flamering being a better ring, but not sure on the skill atm, its set to firewall so ill see what players think, also recoveryring has to be masshealing to make it more effective imo :)

i was thinking of adding mysterycave but tbh i dont think ill get the player base to demand it.

i dont even have slavecave with mirking in game, if players request it tho it can be added fairly easily.

---------- Post Merged at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Thanks to Far the ability to make SpecialRings into WeddingRings has been removed from the game. so now i will add to the NPC an option to allow players to replace weddingrings with other rings.

There will be a heft cost for this but it will be possible.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I still don't get what is the problem with wedding rings and what replacement is all about. Wasn't wedding even put in in gamepot times? And I think its stupid, should be called something else, like buddy ring, since that's how it was used really, exploited really if you don't mince words.

You seem to imply that mystery cave somehow makes sense only for large server population? I'd very much like to see it in game. Also hope we would have connecting paths, Sabuk secret path, plus all you can put in game to make it feature-full (including some slave or heroes caves), since at that low rate you want it to be, pple will be spending tons of time in traditional mir caves which means you should try to make is as little dull as can be.

Euro easter event wasn't stupid if you recall the context, it was the 'answer' from our staff to scarcity of 30+ weapons, items, plus non-existence of those rares like para, pro, clear etc.. and wemade wouldn't adjust drops for euro mir and euro players were never as dedicated as koreans, nevermind euromir as it turned out didn't even have longevity of korean mir, meaning much less time to get those items in game, server population was also much lower on euro relative to korean servers which played part in those item being nonexistent...

And I suppose, time and time it proved hard to adjust drops or put on some 'item' dropping event and have it come out as intended, it was always either nothing or too much, what you gonna do, even private servers failed at it. I think it is a problem of drop probabilities as they are coded in mir, any mir.

One solution might be to have supervening 'mechanism' that would override probabilities set for item drops - it would be system that would track drops of rare items on server and after one would drop, the next one would again be allowed to drop only after some preset time period lapse, say a month time for another of the kind to drop again - and probabilities would then again be allowed to work as normal until the item dropped, then stop further dropping for preset time again, and all that regardless of the probabilities set for the item to drop, because mir probability system is not reliable, it tends to drop a number of rares initially and then long time nothing, meaning top guild first to get to some boss rapes it for number of rares and subsequently it drops #$%^ for pple that get to it in later times.
Those 'stop times' could be of different length, depending on item, how rare it was.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Thanks to some great help from the crystal dev team Elijah, Jamie/Hello and Far i have fixed some issues and uploaded a new exe and libs, your launcher will get them automatically.

23 accounts have been made already and thats only for the open beta, so when we go live im hoping to see a few more so you guys have others to play with. remember i will be playing but i wont be an active part of the community as a player. as a GM my job will be to fix issues and solve disputes. plus the RARE event.

Im thinking that a few WoomaHorns should be handed out at some point as im wanting guilds in game as early as possible.... and WT is a beast to kill i couldnt do it in lvl 30 kit solo without poison and slow on my gear and i was lvl 40...

but for a give away event type system... not sure how to deal with that one but again something that you as players are welcome to comment on and see how you feel about it.

---------- Post Merged at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:56 PM ----------

yes mysterycave was meant for a larger population imo, purely for how bloody hard it was, cant remember how many times i got my arse kicked by a deer......

if players want MysteryCave in game they can have it.

the connectionpaths are in game natural, oma, thedeadmine, the sabuk secret path from AST to sabuk isnt in game as AST has been remade

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I got client downloaded but didn't bother making acct, you can increase your count by one :topsy_turvy:

I used to pop into MCave solo, at the end of day, before logging out for night (was 40+ then), in those days when the entrance was in SV and opened 24/7
It was great for soloing, you filled bag with lev22 33 armours for sale and if lucky you found the deer, real WEB, ES, WT and if you didn't feel up to it, you could RT. Going in also you needed to have RTs handy as it took few to land you in some manageable spot.

When the time was restricted I may have gone in just once, I didn't mind the travel, just the time restriction. If you gonna follow euro mir to the T including admission times, you don't have to bother putting it in, that's my opinion

Omniscient

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
Thanks to some great help from the crystal dev team Elijah, Jamie/Hello and Far i have fixed some issues and uploaded a new exe and libs, your launcher will get them automatically.

23 accounts have been made already and thats only for the open beta, so when we go live im hoping to see a few more so you guys have others to play with. remember i will be playing but i wont be an active part of the community as a player. as a GM my job will be to fix issues and solve disputes. plus the RARE event.

Im thinking that a few WoomaHorns should be handed out at some point as im wanting guilds in game as early as possible.... and WT is a beast to kill i couldnt do it in lvl 30 kit solo without poison and slow on my gear and i was lvl 40...

but for a give away event type system... not sure how to deal with that one but again something that you as players are welcome to comment on and see how you feel about it.

---------- Post Merged at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:56 PM ----------

yes mysterycave was meant for a larger population imo, purely for how bloody hard it was, cant remember how many times i got my arse kicked by a deer......

if players want MysteryCave in game they can have it.

the connectionpaths are in game natural, oma, thedeadmine, the sabuk secret path from AST to sabuk isnt in game as AST has been remade

with the WT horns I'd let the game flow naturally as most people will not try and kill him solo for the first time, so the likelihood of him dying is higher than it would be solo. not only that but it'll give reason to push for levels and whatnot, and assuming you have truely followed the mantra of the drops from euro (where you could get the odd decent item/book from trash) it won't impede players and should create somewhat of a stable market.

Status
Not open for further replies.