Legend of Mir ORIGINS [CrystalM2] OpenBeta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
getting this error while trying to update the exe. also try'd running the .exe by Administrator.

Code:
[21/01/2016 14:35:40] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.)

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
it was the easter even that had the hens that ruined euro mir (dragon server atleast as thats all i played)

i spend hours in a corner in woomyon along the bottom where i got about 5-6 hens an hour and its was stupid... got dswords, judgementmaces, ssw's :S

if with some help from jamie i can stop the specials being weddingrings then that will be put in place and the ability to replace weddingrings will be added to the npc script.

some bosses REQUIRED a pararing to be able to kill... especially early days, bloody hell i also remember a 3 hour QUEUE for RME lol (no fighting, them was civilised days untill the koreans came in and started owning all the euro players) i used to spend all nighters in rme kingroom with a guy called Hardonails just killing rme on a 3 hour respawn... what a wasted youth lol

specials will stay in game, special will remain true to euro EXCEPT RecoveryRing enables MassHealing not Healing and FlameRing enables firewall, not fireball.

I may regret asking this bc of the **** I was when I played euro dragon server (especially when it came to RME), but what was your ingame name on Dragon Sanjian?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i was Soulfoxx for a while and a tao called KnightfoX who were you? :)

---------- Post Merged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:40 PM ----------

getting this error while trying to update the exe. also try'd running the .exe by Administrator.

Code:
[21/01/2016 14:35:40] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.)

you still getting this error deano?

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003

---------- Post Merged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I think I remember Soulfoxx... I'd rather not say who I was for fear of being hated on your upcoming server which sounds awesome! I am really looking forward to it. =)

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Didn't play euro much and pretty much no one will probably remember my characters, however I will use my original wizard name which was Onox. I had 2 characters I mainly played through euro, 1 was a warrior called buff and another warrior called Kobald(I was young I clearly couldn't spell Kobold properly, it may of been taken anyway)

DarkDragon14

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2003
Orlando, Florida
In my personal opinion I love the idea of making flame ring useful, but firewall might be a little much. Might want to think about using it as a firebang instead, that seems like the equivalent to masshealing as a damaging spell. If this ring is as rare as a para or pro then I can understand the firewall because it still would not be as strong as those two, but might take away from the wizzies main strength. (leveling faster than the other 2)

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
everyone starts the server with a clean slate imo

if anyone brings old grudges here then it will be stamped out as i wont tolerate grief play by any means, i also hate door blocking, npc blocking and the like.

but ill post my rules when ive finished them :)

yeah flamering and recoveryring are rare but not as rare as say pro para and clear. again is firewall is too much it can be changed to firebang, as soon as its removed the player loses the skill, even for repairing and any leveld experience so players will more than likely have lvl 0 masshealing and lvl 0 firewall at most times.

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
In my personal opinion I love the idea of making flame ring useful, but firewall might be a little much. Might want to think about using it as a firebang instead, that seems like the equivalent to masshealing as a damaging spell. If this ring is as rare as a para or pro then I can understand the firewall because it still would not be as strong as those two, but might take away from the wizzies main strength. (leveling faster than the other 2)

I agree with this. I would agree/disagree with allowing the flamering to allow firewall based on how rare the ring actually was. If it was as rare as a protectionring/pararing/telering, I'd say allowing firewall would be cool. Question though, would the damage still scale off of MC? That would make that Dragon Sword with +2 MC on it a little more useful... lol.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Sanjian, is LionsRoar on your server working as other crystal servers? Where paralyzed monsters stay paralyzed even when hit? I really don't like this, it makes Warriors use near to no HP pots when leveling >.<

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Sanjian, is LionsRoar on your server working as other crystal servers? Where paralyzed monsters stay paralyzed even when hit? I really don't like this, it makes Warriors use near to no HP pots when leveling >.<

currently yes, but im working to ge tthis removed, i have altered it so it only works on mobs 3 levels higher than you like intended, not 10 levels higher

EDIT the duration is also only for 1 second + 1 second for every sklill level so 4 seconds para at level 3 max skill

---------- Post Merged at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:11 PM ----------

I agree with this. I would agree/disagree with allowing the flamering to allow firewall based on how rare the ring actually was. If it was as rare as a protectionring/pararing/telering, I'd say allowing firewall would be cool. Question though, would the damage still scale off of MC? That would make that Dragon Sword with +2 MC on it a little more useful... lol.

yes the flamering spell would be powered by MC and the Mass Healing is powered by SC

Last edited:

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I used to enjoy mystery cave but really hate opening times on caves as it always seems to be when I'm at work or busy so I can never go

Think we used to hunt in mystery cave as a group of 3... 2 warriors and a tao (you could ping pong the mobs using thrusting so it hits you a few times then targets the other warrior while the tao heals you)

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

Yes i'm currently repatching new client, also its daneo :P there is a deano but he has no sense of humour

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I am afraid you will nerf LR to another near useless skill, compared to tao & wiz, warrior has few skills as it is, some like trap or BA are useless, add to it FS since on several crystal servers I played, I took FS off my main F keys since it is weak, not worthwhile to use on these files. And so what if warr is not using HP pots, so doesn't wiz when he lures and firewalls, both use only MP (never mind greedy wizes stay inside their lures and need to use hp then).

Flamering will be useless fireball or firewall, with the latter you might get rid of bugbats at a distance but are you gonna take the ring with you, bother to put it on... really used just to annoy pple in safe zones. At least if it wasn't ring and fitted in a char poison slot. If there was vote for an abortion item from wemade, this might be it.

As for MC admission on set time, even if I planned getting in, when the time was near I forgot watching clock and next time I looked it was too late, even forgot it was the day... nevermind the bunching pple into several hours which was heaven for pkers, you kept running into other pple, if they were grp and you solo, you got showed aside even if not attacked because they went like combine harwester :cold:

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
the one skill which needs a lvl nerf is tu and covert to a taoist skill

WhoFlungPooAndY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 23, 2013
I am afraid you will nerf LR to another near useless skill, compared to tao & wiz, warrior has few skills as it is, some like trap or BA are useless, add to it FS since on several crystal servers I played, I took FS off my main F keys since it is weak, not worthwhile to use on these files.

LR when it works as it should isn't useless.. and trap? warriors don't have trap! BA also isn't useless. You've said previously that you don't play in groups/guilds, perhaps this is why you think such skills are useless? as for FS not being worthwhile of an F key, LOL.

Stop posting your spam you have no clue. dickhead.

---------- Post Merged at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:24 PM ----------

the one skill which needs a lvl nerf is tu and covert to a taoist skill

I've always thought TurnUndead suited a taoist more as well tbh.

WhoFlungPooAndY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 23, 2013
Entrapment?

If that's the skill he was referring to then he should of called it its proper name, instead of confusing it with the sin skill trap.. tbh.

But still it isn't useless, although on some crystal servers i've found entrapment only bring mobs within thrusting distance. Don't usually play a warrior but i'm sure this isn't right.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Yes i'm currently repatching new client, also its daneo :P there is a deano but he has no sense of humour

yeah replacing the client should fix this, sorry for the name mix up its been a heavy day :(

---------- Post Merged at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
really looking forward to this server - definately going to give it a go, love low rates and it looks like you've done everything from scratch which is great

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
really looking forward to this server - definately going to give it a go, love low rates and it looks like you've done everything from scratch which is great

that comment from you is like my son being born all over again lol :)

but yes everything is from scratch, even the mapmoves were done from scratch, theres alot of work still needs doing but wanted to get players on and finding things ive missed.

Jamies has an admin account on the server and has found so many things i missed and overlooked so i cant wait for the open beta to see comments coming in on what needs looking at,

i also did an import export on my db not too long ago and it removed ALOT of settings so been spending the day going through my db to fix issues, its been tedious and very boring lol

---------- Post Merged at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:52 PM ----------

LionRoar fixed :) will break para on mob attacked

need to know the proper duration's tho as ive altered them in the source and cant find accurate duration for the stun anywhere

bear in mind its likely going to be a set amount say 2 seconds then additional seconds added per level of the skill, so if anyone has that info i would like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.