Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Facebook: https://www.*************/OSGMIR/
Forums: http://fiveheroes.net/forum/
Client Download: http://www.fiveheroes.net/downloads/FiveHeroesClient.rar
http://www.fiveheroes.net/downloads/FiveHeroesClient.zip - zip download

FHRelease.gif

Basic Information

Server Files: Crystal files with custom coding
Start level: 1
Soft Level Cap: 80 (EXP Gets 10x harder)
Max Resolution: 1366x768 (Windowed or Full Screen)
Classes: Warrior, Wizard, Taoist, Assassin, Archer
Server Team: Ben - Hany

Introduction
Five Heroes Mir Server is a "High rate feel" style of server - the game play is very fast paced, maps are packed wall to wall of monsters, you can gain levels fairly easily and there is a wide range of items. There is a ton of bosses and sub bosses to kill either solo or in a group.

Quests

There will be 100s of quests ranging from your daily grind, quests to aid you whilst levelling, and story quests to get unique and special items.

Caves
As the below pictures suggest, there will 3 types of caves, Leveling - Hunting - Group Caves.

Leveling Caves: For a small fee you will teleport to a huge province packed full of high exp, easy to kill monster. This provides a gold sink (and purpose for gold) and a change of scenery if your goal is purely to level fast. However you cannot spend all your time in the leveling caves, as you will never gain any new items.

Hunting Caves: main focus of these caves are to gain new items either from the normal mobs, the "super mobs", sub bosses or main boss. The sub bosses are aimed at solo players, whilst the main bosses should require a group of player.

Group Caves: as the name suggests, these caves will feature very hard normal mobs as well as the bosses and is no place for someone on their own. Places like Slave / Lords cave will be aimed at PvP with the boss spawn being announced in global chat. Infinite Rift is for guilds wanting to test their guild/groups strength and a way of boasting for how far you can get into the cave.

Features
For a full list of features, please visit our website:
Features include: Awakening, fishing, companions, mounts, conquests, guild upgrades and more!
http://www.fiveheroes.net/?page_id=238

Item Linking:
You can link any item ingame to your friends / chat / global.. anything! They can click on that link to see full item stats

Class Skills
For a full list of skills please visit our website:
http://www.fiveheroes.net/?page_id=132

Screenshot Gallery
For more screenshots, please visit our website:
http://www.fiveheroes.net/?page_id=64

http://www.fiveheroes.net/downloads/FHRelease.gif
http://www.fiveheroes.net/downloads/FHRelease2.gif

caves.png

upHuntCaves.jpg

UPProvLvling.png

Attachments

• Image 29.Png
    Image 29.Png
    791.2 KB · Views: 1,786
Last edited:
Reactions: Freya

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015
What do you have in store for Assassins/Archers in terms of skills/ balance to make them worth using? as these are nearly 100% always unbalanced and eventually unused due to being soo bad on most crystal servers i've seen so far compared to the normal 3 classes.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
What do you have in store for Assassins/Archers in terms of skills/ balance to make them worth using? as these are nearly 100% always unbalanced and eventually unused due to being soo bad on most crystal servers i've seen so far compared to the normal 3 classes.
They will be balanced and adjusted as required during the beta testing. I'm fairly confident in my ability to balance the classes.. I'd say all my previous servers have had a good balance between all the classes.

Good luck, fix the hit box's on these files before release :P
Not sure what you mean by that... if you mean the way a wizard can hit a warrior running.. we do plan to do something about that so its not a 100% hit chance, but I'm not sure what you can do to fix it.. technically your going to break it, as its currently work as intended.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I have been really disappointed with other servers so what i would like to see is:

- Enough items but not as many as Galaxy for example where i wouldnt remember/care about items/stats.
- Some attention to melee classes. They are quite gimped compared to ranged classes.
- Again regarding melee classes: I would like to see pa/slow have a meaning especially in bossing. One of the reason i am picking a melee class is the solo potential it has compared to the safe/fast lvler classes and this has been neglected for a while.
- Rares rares and rares that actually make a difference.
- Classes that make sense. Tanky warriors, non-tanky wizards/archers, aspeed/mobility sins (warriors not supposed to hit aspeed cap anyhow else its pointless making a sin), magic shield balanced, taos able to solo etc etc.
- Your usual 3x/5x/10x exp pots or anything that gives a burst to boring lvling. Imo thats something that let "casuals" that knew how to play keep up and distinct ur server from the rest.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I have been really disappointed with other servers so what i would like to see is:

- Enough items but not as many as Galaxy for example where i wouldnt remember/care about items/stats.
- Some attention to melee classes. They are quite gimped compared to ranged classes.
- Again regarding melee classes: I would like to see pa/slow have a meaning especially in bossing. One of the reason i am picking a melee class is the solo potential it has compared to the safe/fast lvler classes and this has been neglected for a while.
- Rares rares and rares that actually make a difference.
- Classes that make sense. Tanky warriors, non-tanky wizards/archers, aspeed/mobility sins (warriors not supposed to hit aspeed cap anyhow else its pointless making a sin), magic shield balanced, taos able to solo etc etc.
- Your usual 3x/5x/10x exp pots or anything that gives a burst to boring lvling. Imo thats something that let "casuals" that knew how to play keep up and distinct ur server from the rest.
-not sure how you define enough items but not too many.. but its similar to my last few servers. There are standard items and their defensive counter part... rare sets which I guess you can call the "mir items"... and then random unique items that dont belong to any item "set"

-all classes will be given equal attention where needed

-PA and Slow needs looking at.. but I'd like it to work in PvE so all classes have chances of soloing stuff but not effect PvP so heavily. There will be strength and weakneses to all 5 classes in terms of PvE and PvP ability and boss hunting vs Leveling

-Theres plenty of rares.. I know what "rare" means dont worry.

-like i said classes will be balanced

-there will likely be something like this eventually but not at the start. There will probably be no gameshop for at least 2 weeks so everyone is on even playing field.. we havnt rly discused it much yet as its not a main concern right now

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
About the 3x/5x/10x i meant mostly from bosses. Your gameshop is your thing and as long as everything in there is also in drops its not my concern.
Those pots helped a lot building an economy on your previous servers.
In general there must be something that even noobs can hope for to make some cash.

Edit: Considering this is a HR, is there any chance we see "Critical Chance"-"Critical Damage" as appeared on Origins or your version anyway? Imo even if they are OP they offer a lot of diversity especially if they cant be gemmed/orbed but only dropped as specific items with minimum other stats or just as an added stat on a random item.

Edit #2: Also i would like to see some sort of solo/group/guild instances. Yes fighting over everything is fun and cool but as proven the last....15 years there is always 1 dominant guild getting all bosses and also some ppl prefer hunting solo.
Obviously those should have some sort of entrance fee be that some gold or a "rare ticket" and also worse drops but imo its important to have as an option.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Oh right.. yer well im going over all my old files, OS, 3heros, 4heros etc to gain some ideas into what I did with drop files and stuff back then and EXP pots are something I noticed way back in OS and It was a good idea.

Yes Critical damage and chance is something that is going to be used ingame a lot to help differnt build diversity

If you read the cave descriptions the Infinite Rift is a group place where only one person can enter, each floor with have a bunch of mobs and a boss at the end.. you'll then go to the next floor and do the same thing. no one else can enter whilst your group is in there.

I'm planning on doing the same thing for a solo player as well and having some sorta of ranking system. It will not be something u can enter all the time tho, it'll cost gold/an item to enter or only be open certain times. the drops wont be anywhere near as good as a boss in a normal cave because 1. the maps are small and you will kill more boss's per hour in there than you will in a normal cave and 2. the risk is massively lower as you dont drop from your body (this may change) and you cant be PK'd

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Did you keep your version of archer or use the crystal one?

I shall be blunt, your version was a hell of a lot more fun to play when I played it during the beta you did a long time a go.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Did you keep your version of archer or use the crystal one?

I shall be blunt, your version was a hell of a lot more fun to play when I played it during the beta you did a long time a go.
It is the crystal one... we've scraped out original files as they are just wayyyyy too behind on coding and it'll just take too long to get them up to speed. We still have the originial files and can easily transfer stuff across.. I've alrdy imported all our mob AIs that we done.. spells are sorta next on the list to look at

I've had a brief look at the archer and there's stuff we'll keep and stuff we'll remove... it'll be a mix of our archer and crystal I'd imagine. It'll probably take a bit of time to get archer where I want it... same with the assassin.. but im confident it'll get there

Stuff like class balance comes from when the games online and you got 50 odd people testing more so than 1 man playing by himself in an offline environment

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
It is the crystal one... we've scraped out original files as they are just wayyyyy too behind on coding and it'll just take too long to get them up to speed. We still have the originial files and can easily transfer stuff across.. I've alrdy imported all our mob AIs that we done.. spells are sorta next on the list to look at

I've had a brief look at the archer and there's stuff we'll keep and stuff we'll remove... it'll be a mix of our archer and crystal I'd imagine. It'll probably take a bit of time to get archer where I want it... same with the assassin.. but im confident it'll get there

Stuff like class balance comes from when the games online and you got 50 odd people testing more so than 1 man playing by himself in an offline environment

even tho i'm probably the first to admit crystal archer could do with a tuneup,
i do hope you keep the idea of a heavy hitting single target range class (with 'no' defense :p)

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
whats with the teleports to caves? is that really needed? its not like the province maps are so huge it takes 5-10 minutes to get to the cave?

server will obviously be tried by many, hopefully it lasts longer than all the other C# servers that have gone up.

how will the cash shop be designed? i hope there will be no items for sale, only items that affect your game play not all the people around you ie. exp potions etc.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
whats with the teleports to caves? is that really needed? its not like the province maps are so huge it takes 5-10 minutes to get to the cave?

server will obviously be tried by many, hopefully it lasts longer than all the other C# servers that have gone up.

how will the cash shop be designed? i hope there will be no items for sale, only items that affect your game play not all the people around you ie. exp potions etc.
I've always done teleport to caves on all my servers.. I've never seen the point of running. If i think something is pointless im not going to add it when I make a server.

items wont be for sale, will probably be consuables like exp/drop pots.. stat pots.. the weird pet things.. taht stuff.. tbh tis the alst thing that will be done ne way

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
I remember the archer we developed on the old branch of crystal files we had, man i was completely guessing and imagining spells as i was coding, We implemented it as soon as the data files were released, i had no idea what does what lol, i had like orbs and u consume these orbs to cast spells, it was quite fun.

I tested some gameplay of the current archer and i'm not really sure what to say the class is self is cool but it needs alot of tweaks the damage output is completely random, the jump back bit looked completely useless aswell, id rather right click and run instead of jumping 2-3 steps back in a slowly pace then attempt to run..its just quicker to run,

We'll surely get involved to enhance the current archer, same with assassin depending on our priorities,
as for me id rather start the server w/o assassin and archer , I'm already busy as it is i don't want to increase my pile of work :)

Anyway we decided to just tweak and improve the current version of archer and sin on the public source and balance them.

Also regarding melee fights, it was impossible for me to chase ranged in all fairness , I'm thinking of replacing counter attack (ac buff) to reflect damage buff this was a very good tactic for warriors to use we had before.

To be honest theres still loads of work to be done, this is not hay we're going live in one month, We'll announce the 'go' time when we're actually ready.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
I remember the archer we developed on the old branch of crystal files we had, man i was completely guessing and imagining spells as i was coding, We implemented it as soon as the data files were released, i had no idea what does what lol, i had like orbs and u consume these orbs to cast spells, it was quite fun.

I tested some gameplay of the current archer and i'm not really sure what to say the class is self is cool but it needs alot of tweaks the damage output is completely random, the jump back bit looked completely useless aswell, id rather right click and run instead of jumping 2-3 steps back in a slowly pace then attempt to run..its just quicker to run,

We'll surely get involved to enhance the current archer, same with assassin depending on our priorities,
as for me id rather start the server w/o assassin and archer , I'm already busy as it is i don't want to increase my pile of work :)

Anyway we decided to just tweak and improve the current version of archer and sin on the public source and balance them.

Also regarding melee fights, it was impossible for me to chase ranged in all fairness , I'm thinking of replacing counter attack (ac buff) to reflect damage buff this was a very good tactic for warriors to use we had before.

To be honest theres still loads of work to be done, this is not hay we're going live in one month, We'll announce the 'go' time when we're actually ready.

heh archer in it's current state isnt super bad as ppl think: it's just you really really need to know what stuff does and how to play it
- archers dmg is purely depending on how far away you are (further away = more dmg/hit, but potential to miss goes up aswell etc)
- the jump back initialy looks really bad: but once you get lvl 3 jump back and you realise you need to be further away: it becomes a huge timesaver on 'slower' mobs (which is where archer really shines)
example: hit the mob 2/3 times : jump back, hit 2/3 times, jump, repeat > you can kill even strong mobs without ever getting hit and without having to do any actualy running etc

there's a ton of other stuff you need to 'know' to really play archer in it's current state (like in theory you can keep the weakest form of archer shield up 24/7 with a downtime just for you to realise it ended and recast it (without the doublecast of getting an element if you know how),
ofcourse getting the strongest form of shield up 24/7 isnt possible> so it's a tradeoff
same goes with the poison and vampire attacks that stack on some skills etc

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Not sure what you mean by that... if you mean the way a wizard can hit a warrior running.. we do plan to do something about that so its not a 100% hit chance, but I'm not sure what you can do to fix it.. technically your going to break it, as its currently work as intended.

What he meant was the literal hit boxes lol.

When targeting anything to click or cast a spell on, you need to be very specific.

It's as if the hit boxes are pixel specific (Which is fine usually), tends to cause a lot of miss clicks/casts or walking before hitting kinda thing.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
About items:
I believe that the best itemisation system you had used was the one with braces/rings having no ac/amc at all.
There was brace* which had amc and ring* which had ac*.
The legendary items had both ac and amc.

For example lets say Thunder brace is a typical lvl40 item and Mir brace is the legendary lvl40 item:
Thunder Brace MC3-7
Thunder Brace* AMC 3-4 MC3-7
Mir Brace AC3-4 AMC3-4 MC 4-9

As a result Mir Brace was very strong but not OP and was even usefull compared to a lvl50-60 brace that had no defencive stats.

Also one thing your servers usually lacked was gathering ingredients from normal mobs to either craft new items or upgrade your current. I believe that with the awaking system C files have built in you can do some nice things to make trash mob killing more interesting.

Sorry for all those suggestions/posts but since server is currently on development i believe its the best time to post em.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
heh archer in it's current state isnt super bad as ppl think: it's just you really really need to know what stuff does and how to play it
- archers dmg is purely depending on how far away you are (further away = more dmg/hit, but potential to miss goes up aswell etc)
- the jump back initialy looks really bad: but once you get lvl 3 jump back and you realise you need to be further away: it becomes a huge timesaver on 'slower' mobs (which is where archer really shines)
example: hit the mob 2/3 times : jump back, hit 2/3 times, jump, repeat > you can kill even strong mobs without ever getting hit and without having to do any actualy running etc

there's a ton of other stuff you need to 'know' to really play archer in it's current state (like in theory you can keep the weakest form of archer shield up 24/7 with a downtime just for you to realise it ended and recast it (without the doublecast of getting an element if you know how),
ofcourse getting the strongest form of shield up 24/7 isnt possible> so it's a tradeoff
same goes with the poison and vampire attacks that stack on some skills etc
I don't think archer is in a bad state, it just needs balancing and some spell adjustments.

What he meant was the literal hit boxes lol.

When targeting anything to click or cast a spell on, you need to be very specific.

It's as if the hit boxes are pixel specific (Which is fine usually), tends to cause a lot of miss clicks/casts or walking before hitting kinda thing.
Yes i noticed that last night while me and hany were messing about doing pvp... my mouse was on him and his name was highlighted but it would miss.. your right that you have to be very accurate. We'll see if there's a way to increase that "hit box".. however the fact that spells can be hit 100% on people running means we dont want to make it too easy with huge hit boxes.

About items:
I believe that the best itemisation system you had used was the one with braces/rings having no ac/amc at all.
There was brace* which had amc and ring* which had ac*.
The legendary items had both ac and amc.

For example lets say Thunder brace is a typical lvl40 item and Mir brace is the legendary lvl40 item:
Thunder Brace MC3-7
Thunder Brace* AMC 3-4 MC3-7
Mir Brace AC3-4 AMC3-4 MC 4-9

As a result Mir Brace was very strong but not OP and was even usefull compared to a lvl50-60 brace that had no defencive stats.

Also one thing your servers usually lacked was gathering ingredients from normal mobs to either craft new items or upgrade your current. I believe that with the awaking system C files have built in you can do some nice things to make trash mob killing more interesting.

Sorry for all those suggestions/posts but since server is currently on development i believe its the best time to post em.
The item database is pretty much exactly as you say.. i think i copied it from 3h / 4h and adjusted accordingly.

I really liked the way I designed it back then as it meant someone in shop kit could still fight vs someone in full mir kit and at least had a chance of winning, it wasnt like the guy in mir kit was a tankable god that went around 1hitting people.. the 2 people would do somewhat similar damage, just the shop guy would have hardly any defense.

I agree back then the files didnt really have a very good crafting system so there wasnt much to do with it.. I think on 1 of the servers I did an upgrade system where you could upgrade the item 4x.. but then that just got overtaken by orbs.

I plan on fully utilizing the awakening system (As soon as i understand it) i think from a glance it looks really good and involves minimum effort as a developer.

My aim is to make every item, mob and boss useful and worth collecting/killing in the game. e.g.
-its worth killing omawarriors at level 80 for the chance of an EXP pot.
-its worth killing normal hunting cave mobs for ingredients to use the awakening system
-its worth spending 1mil gold going to the leveling cave to level 40% faster
-its worth getting a group together and going to the group caves for improved drop rates on legendary items
etc...

I dont think you should be "sorry" for the posts / suggestions, they are all welcome and I'll read and take on board every single 1 of them. The server is currently a blank canvas and anything can be done

Whens server live mr ben?
I can't give you a date as quite frankly I dont know... all I can tell you is we're aiming to have some kinda beta in place within the next few weeks/months (probably start with a closed beta in the next week or 2 to help balance spells / bosses etc... then a open beta stress test / bug find.. then some time to work on stuff then a mini beta and go live)...
The aim is to go live no later than May (if it does go live around May time, it'll be after 10/11th as I'm on holiday then!)

So thats the PLAN... we'll see how well we can stick to it

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Maybe you can compine the awakening/crafting with materials dropped from mobs in order to craft runes for slotted items like:
- Flaming sword less cooldown (-1s per rune) on neck
- 10% per rune to apply both poisons on poison use on rings
etc
etc

I believe something similar was used on Galaxy and its an interesting concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.