Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Server Files: Crystal files with custom coding
Start level: 1
Level Cap: 80
Max Resolution: 1366x768 (Windowed or Full Screen)
Classes: Warrior, Wizard, Taoist, Assassin, Archer
Server Team: Ben - Hany - Matt - (4th member TBC?!)

Ffs.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Frankly i'm glad he's adding all classes.

Just hope he spends extensive time rebalancing or adding in his own skills as they're... well. They need a lot of work still.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Frankly i'm glad he's adding all classes.

Just hope he spends extensive time rebalancing or adding in his own skills as they're... well. They need a lot of work still.

Why,

Mir doesnt have the mechanics to support more than 3 classes. You have your melee, your AOE/DPS and your healer. no room for off tanks, tanks, burst dps ect ect that other games have.

An archer is basically a wizard, with less AOE and a assassin is a tao that melees. Neither of them fufill a new role or bring anything to the game.

Not to mention the lack of avilable weapon/armour graphics that makes them all pretty much look the same.

They are just annoying, and nothing more than a vanity and also massively unbalances the economy as you have three classes fighting for DC and only 1 class for MC/SC.

Just retarded.

wouldnt be so bad if you created a new stat for them i suppose, and if ben did what he did with assassins last time, which actually made them useful/different (when he gave them stealth/backstab....)

dunno what he could do with an archer to make it any different to a wizard though. It attacks from a distance with DPS and has low HP. no matter how you dress it up, its a wizard without MS and FF.

Last edited:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Why,

Mir doesnt have the mechanics to support more than 3 classes. You have your melee, your AOE/DPS and your healer. no room for off tanks, tanks, burst dps ect ect that other games have.

An archer is basically a wizard, with less AOE and a assassin is a tao that melees. Neither of them fufill a new role or bring anything to the game.

Not to mention the lack of avilable weapon/armour graphics that makes them all pretty much look the same.

They are just annoying, and nothing more than a vanity and also massively unbalances the economy as you have three classes fighting for DC and only 1 class for MC/SC.

Just retarded.

wouldnt be so bad if you created a new stat for them i suppose.

Doesn't Archer run off MC?

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
Why,

Just retarded.

wouldnt be so bad if you created a new stat for them i suppose, and if ben did what he did with assassins last time, which actually made them useful/different (when he gave them stealth/backstab....)

dunno what he could do with an archer to make it any different to a wizard though. It attacks from a distance with DPS and has low HP. no matter how you dress it up, its a wizard without MS and FF.

that's exatly why i insisted archer should run 100% of mc instead of dc :p
(and why on c# files it uses mc)
only thing missing to balance that is monk:p
if monk was added and used sc, then you'd have 2 class's for each stat lol

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

You must have loved playing euro when each class only had 1 armour each. And not that it really matters but archers have the more armours and weapons than most other classes.

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
You must have loved playing euro when each class only had 1 armour each. And not that it really matters but archers have the more armours and weapons than most other classes.

was fine on euro, as their was 40 Levels and nothing was repeated.

However wearing the same armour every 20 levels just because there is no new skins. Kind of stupid, works fine on a Lowrate, however on a MR/HR it would bug me, even if i wasnt one of them classes.

Even if archer does run of MC, the two classes dont bring anything new to the game, end of the day, its a wizard without MS and FF, and a sin (as it stands) is a tao that melees.

They dont bing anything new in terms of play style. The sin can be changed to be different, however an archer...cant really... It will always be a wizard with different graphics.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
was fine on euro, as their was 40 Levels and nothing was repeated.

However wearing the same armour every 20 levels just because there is no new skins. Kind of stupid, works fine on a Lowrate, however on a MR/HR it would bug me, even if i wasnt one of them classes.

Even if archer does run of MC, the two classes dont bring anything new to the game, end of the day, its a wizard without MS and FF, and a sin (as it stands) is a tao that melees.

Apart from the level 22 armours that was repeated for all classes in looks at level 40, right?

Not sure what servers you've been playing, but with the 15 archer armours and 19 archer weapons you'd have to get to level 300 before you have to repeat an armour.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Apart from the level 22 armours that was repeated for all classes in looks at level 40, right?

Not sure what servers you've been playing, but with the 15 archer armours and 19 archer weapons you'd have to get to level 300 before you have to repeat an armour.

Euro was just different...

Every server ive played with Sin/Archer, they all look the same, however i havnt gone through the wils and counted how many weapons/armours are in them.

Though, the armours/weapons is just a minor annoyance.

I just personally hate everything about the new classes, they dont bring anything new, ruins the whole game.

There is a reason Three Heroes was more popular than FourHeroes.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Its all about balance and gameplay mechanics. All classes should have a slightly different way of having to play. Assassins are close range dps that should impact as much amount of damage as possible without getting hit, none of the 3 classes offer that gameplay. Archers (on official atleast) are long range stunners, designed to keep the enemy at a distance with lower sustained damage, none of the 3 classes offer that gameplay.

Its not all about having different stats, they other a better variation in how you play the game.

Archers on crystal are not balanced. They're a made up class with made up spells that no one has really played yet to allow them to be properly designed. There was no official information on archers so its all had to be done with guess work. All it takes would be for someone to balance them properly with an aim for knowing exactly the type of class they should be.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
the lack of variety is part of the reason why i quit chronicles. i am sick on running around the same armours that i have ran around in for the apst 10 years. armours wouldnt get added because not all classes had extra armour skins.

variety is what this game needs. why do armours only come in at certain levels? why cant there be a new armour every other level but with a mixture of stats? swap the priority from ac to amc or add some other stats onto them... there are nearly 20 stats but only 3-6 get used.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Euro was just different...

Every server ive played with Sin/Archer, they all look the same, however i havnt gone through the wils and counted how many weapons/armours are in them.

Though, the armours/weapons is just a minor annoyance.

I just personally hate everything about the new classes, they dont bring anything new, ruins the whole game.

I sort of agree with you and would make a whole crusade about having 3 classes if this thread was made 5 years ago.

Yes balancing 5 classes is close to impossible. Even balancing 3 classes seems a hard task for 99% of the servers.
Yes specially archers seem dumb as ****. Like a wizard that has only Fireball and thats it.
Yes those classes lack armor and weapon skins
Yes they make itemisation even harder.

BUT
Its 2016. Mir is outdated as ***. Its pointless to try to make a "serious" server with perfect balance. Most of us are 20-30yrs old with limited play time so its all about fun and trying something new for a change.
Mir is already quite limited in regards to what features it can offer. We can at least be more open-minded so that we wont gimp the current features even more.

At least on regards to balance we can all admit that Ben and his team in the past has offered us some of the most balanced servers ever.
I cant remember a single other server for example were para rings and pro rings were balanced or luck 7 seemed balanced or the fact that a
sin vs war pvp seemed balanced.

---------- Post Merged on 12-02-2016 at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 11-02-2016 at 11:11 PM ----------

Also on another note and sorry for double posting but its completely irrelevant to the above.

As i mentionned most of us have grown up and have a quite busy real life yet some lucky ones have unlimited free time to play and geek. Thats all good but its quite annoying say for lvls 30-50 to have 5 bosses that are all being looped by a lvl50 small group while the lvl30 just goes from KR to KR for no reason.
The best way to fix this without changing mir core mechanic, which is fighting for bosses, is to add for most if not all caves an "Ancient" (or call it whatever) version that is slightly better but to enter you require a specific item that drops from grinding normal mobs of that cave. That way you keep all the KR fights but also give the weaker ppl a chance to find a boss for free on the other cave.

I believe this is pretty necessary especially in early game so that ppl dont get bored of not even having a chance to be competitive because there are some guys who simply have unlimited time.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I sort of agree with you and would make a whole crusade about having 3 classes if this thread was made 5 years ago.

Yes balancing 5 classes is close to impossible. Even balancing 3 classes seems a hard task for 99% of the servers.
Yes specially archers seem dumb as ****. Like a wizard that has only Fireball and thats it.
Yes those classes lack armor and weapon skins
Yes they make itemisation even harder.

BUT
Its 2016. Mir is outdated as ***. Its pointless to try to make a "serious" server with perfect balance. Most of us are 20-30yrs old with limited play time so its all about fun and trying something new for a change.
Mir is already quite limited in regards to what features it can offer. We can at least be more open-minded so that we wont gimp the current features even more.

At least on regards to balance we can all admit that Ben and his team in the past has offered us some of the most balanced servers ever.
I cant remember a single other server for example were para rings and pro rings were balanced or luck 7 seemed balanced or the fact that a
sin vs war pvp seemed balanced.

---------- Post Merged on 12-02-2016 at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 11-02-2016 at 11:11 PM ----------

I know what your saying, But they are pretty pointless.

ts all about balance and gameplay mechanics. All classes should have a slightly different way of having to play. Assassins are close range dps that should impact as much amount of damage as possible without getting hit, none of the 3 classes offer that gameplay. Archers (on official atleast) are long range stunners, designed to keep the enemy at a distance with lower sustained damage, none of the 3 classes offer that gameplay.

Its not all about having different stats, they other a better variation in how you play the game.

Archers on crystal are not balanced. They're a made up class with made up spells that no one has really played yet to allow them to be properly designed. There was no official information on archers so its all had to be done with guess work. All it takes would be for someone to balance them properly with an aim for knowing exactly the type of class they should be.

A warriors game play is to get in and do as much dps in close range as possible. exactly like a Sin.

Warriors are not exactly tanks are they, if the existing classes were changed abit to incorporate the new classes then it wouldn't be so bad. As it stands, a sin would die in 3 and a warrior would die in 4-5.

Hardly makes them a tank, just means they have slightly more HP, and the damage both classes do is very similar.

Though the core game style for both classes is the same, run in try do as much damage close range and run out. ... Not like you can stand still on a warrior....

To make the Sin/Archer useful you would have to change the war/wizard to allow for it.

Otherwise why play a sin over a warrior? You get less HP, and pretty much do the same damage, and why choose an archer over a wizard? Same HP? same type of attack, except a wiz has shield and FF.....

Bare in mind all my judgements are based on PVP, as PVE isn't worth considering...yeh i know a sin will kill a boss 30econds-1min quicker, but no on really cares about that.

Not that it matters, Bens not a retard, im sure the server will make up for the fact that the two classes annoy me. I have faith.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
What are you talking about ? What is ''broken in wow'' ?
I never said wow is broken, in fact i think wows a very good game.. it was referring to the comment about mir is not wow.

Oh well , I'm pretty sure I updated the UI ? and it seems you're using the cruddy pixelated background for the NPC dialog, nice one on the overflow fix tho.
probably my crappy paint skills? not sure what you mean about updating the UI i havent really kept up to date with allt he things that have been released.

Good Luck with the server,
Since the NPC Dialogs now scroll is there any point to Page 1, Page 2 etc?
I like the page 1 page 2 etc :P

I don't know why ur acting like that, extra classes and diversity makes a game fun. you all bang on about oldskool.. that in theory had like 9 classes with all the different "sub classes"

to be fair, fourheroes and threeheroes were different servers.. 4h was a LR and 3h was a HR.

Theres a lot of talk about the extra classes I can't quote and reply to all but heres my thoughts

-All 5 classes play completely different

-There is no "standard wow roles" in terms of tank / dps / healer.. all classes do fairly equal damage, but they all do different KINDS of damage and take damage in different ways. If you stand a warrior and a wizard side by side and had a wizard FF them both, you'd probably see the warrior die first due to lower AMC. If you throw a tao into the mix he'd probably be the most "tank" of them all as he could keep healing himself.

-We'll do our best to balance all 5 classes as best as we can but "balance" is just an opinion. I could mathematically 100% balance every class but you'd still get someone moaning something is overpowered if they die to it.

cant remember what else i was going to say now... we're going over every spell for every class, I've created a long old list for Hany.. I will say theres only minimal chances to the war/wiz/tao its mostly tweaks and damage equation changes so they scale better for high rate. The Sin and Archer spells have mostly stayed as they are with a few being massively toned down (like sin invis) and some re worked.

We'll do our best to get all classes to the stage we're happy with, do a beta, listen to feedback and go from there.

killauk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2012
So hoping the level up pk feature from threeheroes will be put into fiveheroes has personally i think its one of best ever features you guys have ever done.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
So hoping the level up pk feature from threeheroes will be put into fiveheroes has personally i think its one of best ever features you guys have ever done.

That feature was done years ago on Rnd but i agree it should be in was a great feature in the fast paste server/

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
If you're using Library Version 2 then Yeah, you're using the UI I done. Just wondered if I had missed out the shop dialog , if so , use the PSD's I supplied and sort that **** out , nothing worse than a pixelated BG on a overall clean UI (don't half ass it).

Status
Not open for further replies.