Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
So hoping the level up pk feature from threeheroes will be put into fiveheroes has personally i think its one of best ever features you guys have ever done.

no you had people boosting levels from it... I would avoid this at all costs. I would by my levels off of a guy

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Ben, what are your plans regarding server features? Will they be all brand new and different than the past or some new and some that already nice on your past features?

If its the second perhaps we could all try have a list of all the features your servers had and make some sort of poll/discussion on what should be used and what not? For example i hated that +30 added stat through cave that had npc's for mobs with guild names though i loved the cave. At start of the week when i will get some time i will try make a list from the features i remember and liked/disliked.

Perhaps we could help you narrow down what to use and what not.

killauk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2012
no you had people boosting levels from it... I would avoid this at all costs. I would by my levels off of a guy
What your forgetting todd is the guy your going to buy them from still has to make the levels and then would it really be worth buying levels when first level cap is looking like its going to be 80. Then you have pk level up system were you can only take a level if there in the range of 5-10 lvls either side of your level

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I never said wow is broken, in fact i think wows a very good game.. it was referring to the comment about mir is not wow.

probably my crappy paint skills? not sure what you mean about updating the UI i havent really kept up to date with allt he things that have been released.

I like the page 1 page 2 etc :P

I don't know why ur acting like that, extra classes and diversity makes a game fun. you all bang on about oldskool.. that in theory had like 9 classes with all the different "sub classes"

to be fair, fourheroes and threeheroes were different servers.. 4h was a LR and 3h was a HR.

Theres a lot of talk about the extra classes I can't quote and reply to all but heres my thoughts

-All 5 classes play completely different

-There is no "standard wow roles" in terms of tank / dps / healer.. all classes do fairly equal damage, but they all do different KINDS of damage and take damage in different ways. If you stand a warrior and a wizard side by side and had a wizard FF them both, you'd probably see the warrior die first due to lower AMC. If you throw a tao into the mix he'd probably be the most "tank" of them all as he could keep healing himself.

-We'll do our best to balance all 5 classes as best as we can but "balance" is just an opinion. I could mathematically 100% balance every class but you'd still get someone moaning something is overpowered if they die to it.

cant remember what else i was going to say now... we're going over every spell for every class, I've created a long old list for Hany.. I will say theres only minimal chances to the war/wiz/tao its mostly tweaks and damage equation changes so they scale better for high rate. The Sin and Archer spells have mostly stayed as they are with a few being massively toned down (like sin invis) and some re worked.

We'll do our best to get all classes to the stage we're happy with, do a beta, listen to feedback and go from there.

In fairness, your sub classes in OS were better than archer/Sin.

Im not against new classes, im just against pointless classes, that dont really offer anything new in terms of play style.

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Good to see you back and working on something again. Having played every one of your servers, im looking forward to giving this a blast.

/Bench
/Tombraider1

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
@Bon

How long do you think this server will last, I've heard nothing but bad things about your cash cows that close down within 12 months? I'm after a LONG term server, are you offering that?

LOL AT THIS KID. Seems like you made your mind up from the first sentancr 'bad things about your cash cows'. I'll let Ben answer but just LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its like your reading his CV and asking if hes up for the job of being your bitch.

-------

Genuinely excited & looking forward to this, enjoyed OS, and due to little time to actually play mir i hope i can have fun and not fall too far behind with a level 80 cap!

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
@Bon

How long do you think this server will last, I've heard nothing but bad things about your cash cows that close down within 12 months? I'm after a LONG term server, are you offering that?

So what if they were all cash cows lol.

Least he had content, was active, **** gets fixed. Does what a server owner should do....why not make money off it? Rather give it to a reliable server owner than the money grabbers.

And I don't think any of his have lasted less than 12 months? lol

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
So what if they were all cash cows lol. Least he had content, was active, **** gets fixed. Does what a server owner should do....why not make money off it? Rather give it to a reliable server owner than the money grabbers. And I don't think any of his have lasted less than 12 months? lol

This, none of his servers have lasted less that 12 months. He may have let someone else take control of his last server (he gave good reasons as to why) but it was still running for a good couple of years after that.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Someone still had to make them levels though. ;)
Yes which made it a good source of income, some people would level up just to sell them to people.
Anyway it wont be on this server so no point discussing it further......

Ben, what are your plans regarding server features? Will they be all brand new and different than the past or some new and some that already nice on your past features?

If its the second perhaps we could all try have a list of all the features your servers had and make some sort of poll/discussion on what should be used and what not? For example i hated that +30 added stat through cave that had npc's for mobs with guild names though i loved the cave. At start of the week when i will get some time i will try make a list from the features i remember and liked/disliked.

Perhaps we could help you narrow down what to use and what not.
Your welcome to make a list of what you can remember from the servers and what you'd like to see back.. the +30 added stat thing was kinda cool but a bit long winded. I think Awakening is probably going to replace that

I don't really know what you class as a feature really.. i guess it'll have...
-Fishing
-Mining
-Awakening
-Loads of caves??? (is that a feature?)
-Mounts
-Pets
-PearlShop

All the usual stuff???

@Bon

Listen, I'm not going to write a big long reply to this as i dont feel like I should have to defend rumours that you may or may not have heard... all I will say is this:

All my servers have lasted at least 18 months+ and yes they all had game shops in them (every item in the gameshop was also available ingame). I would not call them "quick cash cow" servers at all, a lot of time and effort went into the development and continued development over the servers lifespan.

Try be a grown up for once and think for yourself, log on and decide what you think.. dont just go by random rumours you may or may not have heard. I mean just look at some of the replies on this thread... If i made crap servers that were quick cash cows you really think you'd get people looking forward to it? and surely LOMCN would ban me if i was just stealing peoples money via a quick cash cow server.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
surely LOMCN would ban me if i was just stealing peoples money via a quick cash cow server.

Not particularly true :D

But have always liked your servers personally ;) GameShops or not, at least they're fair in my eyes

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Apologies, I take back what I said, as you said, maybe i should look up my own info first.

Good luck and i will be playing it :)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

.. It was capped many of times of re-rolling classes of ben's server, i remember wanted to roll a warrior so i killed my wizard which was around 180 at time, i only made about 130 back from this if you... i feel that is more than fair loosing 50 levels to re-roll your character, also there always a cap on ben's server so it does not matter in the slightest every time he cap's his server it's easily gotten to its items that are the thing on here not levels. You just don't like this feature because you will get smashed and loose levels >.<

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Well when i usually mention "features" i mostly mean hunting options, upgrade options, itemisation etc so i will try to make a list to cover some of them. Tried to find your old server posts but they were lacking info so i guess i will try to mention whatever i remember and believe it worths it:

Mining/Fishing:
One word. NO! There is absolutely no reason to promote AFK activities.
If you want these 2 ingames i can only see one way they wont be a passive activity:
- Make a mine/fishing place where u can TP only if you get the required "TPscroll" and you only get 5-10mins there. That could be "fun", interesting and have some decent RNG in it depending on the rewards you can get from it.

Item Upgrading: I do like gems and orbs since they add a lot to the dropfiles but im not sure i like the flooding of server with them and every boss dropping 4 of em. Also at start the +1/+2/+3 stats mean something but as the server progresses they barely make any difference so perhaps create new gems/orbs that add +3 or +5 or +10 stats. That number depends on the actual stats your server will have and will help to keep orbs/gems relevant throughout the server.
But i will say it again. Dont make em too common. I hated your +30 stat system not because it was a bad system but because each time i got a new item I WAS FORCED to go through the same upgrading over and over before i use it. Added stats should be an extra not granded or required before it worths using an item.

Luck: I am not sure if you will have max luck ingame but since it worked on your rest servers i would assume you will since it was never a problem. Again i would like benes to be worthwhile. I would also add different type of benes (adding more than 1 luck/curse). Perhaps an idea if max luck is 100 is to make each bene have 50% chance. That way max luck will be achieveable but far from easy.
Dont make benes common either. I didnt like the fact that in the past you had bosses dropping bene bundles. Each single bene should hold a value instead of having bosses drop 80benes each.
Caves:I would like to see many types of caves:
- Single floor caves designed for guild fights with the usual global shout (paralord like)
- Multiboss caves bdd/ost/ddd like
- Typical 3-4 floor caves with subbosses and boss.
- Instances: This is something you haven't use in the past i think. There must be some solo/small group caves entered with some sort of ticket where you can hunt without the need to fight for the boss or without it being camped to ****. These could even have worse dropfiles than the actual caves or better depending how hard it is to enter em.

Classes: Before the start of the server i would like to have some info posted regarding the classes and their actual role. Its really frustrating for example to make a sin only to find out that a war can get as much aspeed or that you cant fight a warrior 1v1. Or to make an archer only to find out that a wiz can do as much single target dmg. I understand that classes cant be fully balanced but they need to have some pros and cons over the others.

Stats: I would like to see the usual ac/amc/dc/sc/mc stats being most important as usual but i would also like to see some CritChance, CritDamage, those PVP stats you had on a server (resilence and something else).
I would like also to see class perks like the ones i mentionned before or the ones Galaxy used. Those need actually to be OP so that you will be willing to sacrifice stats to use them.
I wouldnt bother with acc/Mr/pr/agil since they are annoying and broken stats. They only add frustration in PVP.
In general i would like to see enough variety of stats to create a proper itemisation but not that many as Arcadia has for example ( +2% fire damage crap etc) that make it a mess.

Leveling: Exp pots/ pk leveling/ exp pills. Use everything u have ever used tbh.

Pots: I liked those different hp regen pots u had on a server. They also made gold more important.SUNPOTS MUST BE RARE. They should be that rare that noone will use them on pvp but just on bosses. Maybe not ingame at all.

Most of these things have already been mentionned but i guess its easier to read em all in one post. If i think of anymore i will update it.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014

Someone still had to make them levels though. ;)

What your forgetting todd is the guy your going to buy them from still has to make the levels and then would it really be worth buying levels when first level cap is looking like its going to be 80. Then you have pk level up system were you can only take a level if there in the range of 5-10 lvls either side of your level

All wrong, actually.

Myself and Creem99 were level 200 (First cap) well before most people were even 120 on the server you are speaking of. Dean found that if you leveled to 99% of level 126, then pked that char 7 times down to level 119, your exp table was something like 580% (cant remember exactly), which meant killed just 6 mobs took you instantly back to 124.

Then you just took half an hour to level from 124.8 back to 126.99, rinse and repeat.

We had about 40-50 chars set up, all without 5 levels of eachother (Due to only being able to pk a level from someone 5 levels below, or infinitely higher) to transfer levels up from 119 all the way to 200. As daft as it sounds, the highest level outside of our racket was around 120 i think, and we had around 40 kitless chars all higher >.<

So yeah, flawed feature. But a very nice one if it can be 100% safe from **** like this.

Last edited:

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
All wrong, actually.

Myself and Creem99 were level 200 (First cap) well before most people were even 120 on the server you are speaking of. Dean found that if you leveled to 99% of level 126, then pked that char 7 times down to level 119, your exp table was something like 580% (cant remember exactly), which meant killed just 6 mobs took you instantly back to 124.

Then you just took half an hour to level from 124.8 back to 126.99, rinse and repeat.

We had about 40-50 chars set up, all without 5 levels of eachother (Due to only being able to pk a level from someone 5 levels below, or infinitely higher) to transfer levels up from 119 all the way to 200. As daft as it sounds, the highest level outside of our racket was around 120 i think, and we had around 40 kitless chars all higher >.<

So yeah, flawed feature. But a very nice one if it can be 100% safe from **** like this.

How was i wrong? You sold me levels on the server :P I didn't know how you did it tho.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
All wrong, actually.
balh balh
the only way around that would be to make people lose all their EXP on death

can we stop all the writing and the crap and just put the server up ?
its still in development! and going well at that... I'm getting close to having the ingame done and ready to test, i'd like to think we'll do some sort of closed or open beta around march time.

Answers below in red... you got to keep in mind that this server wont be anywhere near as jam packed as say OS/3h etc as they were a 2 year development cycle. this is just the start of the server and a lot of stuff will come later on down the line in a patch/update. We're not trying to spend months/years developing a server as it will never go online. The aim is to make a decent base, release teh server, then work on it as we go.
Well when i usually mention "features" i mostly mean hunting options, upgrade options, itemisation etc so i will try to make a list to cover some of them. Tried to find your old server posts but they were lacking info so i guess i will try to mention whatever i remember and believe it worths it:

Mining/Fishing:
One word. NO! There is absolutely no reason to promote AFK activities.
If you want these 2 ingames i can only see one way they wont be a passive activity:
- Make a mine/fishing place where u can TP only if you get the required "TPscroll" and you only get 5-10mins there. That could be "fun", interesting and have some decent RNG in it depending on the rewards you can get from it.
Ye thats not a bad idea.. I do want fishing to be ingame though as its a "new feature"
Item Upgrading: I do like gems and orbs since they add a lot to the dropfiles but im not sure i like the flooding of server with them and every boss dropping 4 of em. Also at start the +1/+2/+3 stats mean something but as the server progresses they barely make any difference so perhaps create new gems/orbs that add +3 or +5 or +10 stats. That number depends on the actual stats your server will have and will help to keep orbs/gems relevant throughout the server.
But i will say it again. Dont make em too common. I hated your +30 stat system not because it was a bad system but because each time i got a new item I WAS FORCED to go through the same upgrading over and over before i use it. Added stats should be an extra not granded or required before it worths using an item.
well i disagree.. i think getting a new item and having to go upgrade it again gave you something to do. it wont be as extreme as +30 stats and i think to avoid that problem we coulda made higher level bosses drop orbs that did +5 +10 in 1 go etc
Luck: I am not sure if you will have max luck ingame but since it worked on your rest servers i would assume you will since it was never a problem. Again i would like benes to be worthwhile. I would also add different type of benes (adding more than 1 luck/curse). Perhaps an idea if max luck is 100 is to make each bene have 50% chance. That way max luck will be achieveable but far from easy.
Dont make benes common either. I didnt like the fact that in the past you had bosses dropping bene bundles. Each single bene should hold a value instead of having bosses drop 80benes each.
you contradict yourself as you want max luck to be 100 but you dont want benes to be common, and doesnt this same logic apply to the above about when you get a new weapon ull spend ages re lucking it??
Caves:I would like to see many types of caves:
- Single floor caves designed for guild fights with the usual global shout (paralord like)
- Multiboss caves bdd/ost/ddd like
- Typical 3-4 floor caves with subbosses and boss.
well they are all there
- Instances: This is something you haven't use in the past i think. There must be some solo/small group caves entered with some sort of ticket where you can hunt without the need to fight for the boss or without it being camped to ****. These could even have worse dropfiles than the actual caves or better depending how hard it is to enter em.
there is a form of instance already being rift/infinite cave that is a "safe" cave to hunt in a group/guild with lesser rewards. in the past ive done stuff like battlegrounds also
Classes: Before the start of the server i would like to have some info posted regarding the classes and their actual role. Its really frustrating for example to make a sin only to find out that a war can get as much aspeed or that you cant fight a warrior 1v1. Or to make an archer only to find out that a wiz can do as much single target dmg. I understand that classes cant be fully balanced but they need to have some pros and cons over the others.
dont ask for much, you want the server to go up now now now.. but want all this information as well?!
Stats: I would like to see the usual ac/amc/dc/sc/mc stats being most important as usual but i would also like to see some CritChance, CritDamage, those PVP stats you had on a server (resilence and something else).
I would like also to see class perks like the ones i mentionned before or the ones Galaxy used. Those need actually to be OP so that you will be willing to sacrifice stats to use them.
I wouldnt bother with acc/Mr/pr/agil since they are annoying and broken stats. They only add frustration in PVP.
In general i would like to see enough variety of stats to create a proper itemisation but not that many as Arcadia has for example ( +2% fire damage crap etc) that make it a mess.
extra PvP stats are not something on the table at the moment.. maybe at a later stage? same with the class perks.
acc and agil will be there in small forms.. i think MR and PR is required if your going to be giving classes slow and poison stats. no one wants to stay slowed forever.
Leveling: Exp pots/ pk leveling/ exp pills. Use everything u have ever used tbh.
exp pots and exp pills are there.. along with drop pots.. there isnt any pk lvling tho.
Pots: I liked those different hp regen pots u had on a server. They also made gold more important.SUNPOTS MUST BE RARE. They should be that rare that noone will use them on pvp but just on bosses. Maybe not ingame at all.
different regene pots are on the coding list. sun pots will be as they always have.. you have to go hunt for them you cant buy them. i dont think they should be removed from the game as they add another element to pvp and boss fighting.. the stack you can carry is limited and they will have a cooldown timer to stop you spaming htem

Most of these things have already been mentionned but i guess its easier to read em all in one post. If i think of anymore i will update it.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
About the benes: Ye you are right i didnt explain it properly and not sure if i can but i will give it a shot. Benes should hold value and should be something that even noobs can make cash from (something you want to as well as mentionned before).
My comment was based on your past servers where you could get like 60luck from neck/stone/armor and "only" needed 20 more from weap since it had like 10 luck base.
Also you could "code" luck to work with %s where max luck would be nice to have but not really required. For example 75luck=75% to hit max dmg. If thats possible it would solve everything without the need to get 80bene's per drop right?

About classes: According to your schedule you have 3-4 months time before release. I never posted something about rushing the server. Like ever. Ye i would love to be able to play it even this weekend since personnally i been waiting for something like that for a while but i wouldnt want it rushed and to end up like Galaxy.
Giving out that info is vital because you and your team will give us YOUR VIEW on how YOU WANT classes to work and then we can give feedback according to that before launch if we think something sounds...meh or after launch if something doesnt work as intented. If you dont "set those roles" and put enough thought on it it will be harder to do so after launch. You already did that on your last ad for the 5heroes so not sure why the fuss this time.

Pretty satisfied with rest answers.
Keep in mind that nothing i say here is for my sake. I just want the server to succeed and hence im trying to do the best i can by posting actual feedback and ideas compared to the rest "milk cow", "p2w server", "cant wait" crap you read here.

Status
Not open for further replies.