Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
At the moment benes drop from any boss, quite frequently. I need to look at luck and max luck etc.. but the aim is to keep benes dropping quite often as a small reward for killing a boss.
If i decide to make max luck 100, then items and benes will adjust accordingly, might just keep it simple with max luck being 10, we'll see.
I plan on making luck mostly be available on a weapon more so than loads of items having it

I'd like to release sooner than 3-4 months, I don't think we're that far off really, we're just finishing coding all the spells, then we'll do a rough balance test between ourselves then open it up for everyone to come give their feedback

Forums are now up and running at the following link:
http://fiveheroes.net/forum/forum.php

Feel free to come sign up, post your suggestions etc

There is a download link for the client if you wish to get your files up to date now (its roughly 6 GB client size), but bare in mind you will need to update the mir2config when we go live, currently points to your local IP address

Thanks

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
At the moment benes drop from any boss, quite frequently. I need to look at luck and max luck etc.. but the aim is to keep benes dropping quite often as a small reward for killing a boss.
If i decide to make max luck 100, then items and benes will adjust accordingly, might just keep it simple with max luck being 10, we'll see.
I plan on making luck mostly be available on a weapon more so than loads of items having it

I'd like to release sooner than 3-4 months, I don't think we're that far off really, we're just finishing coding all the spells, then we'll do a rough balance test between ourselves then open it up for everyone to come give their feedback

Forums are now up and running at the following link:
http://fiveheroes.net/forum/forum.php

Feel free to come sign up, post your suggestions etc

There is a download link for the client if you wish to get your files up to date now (its roughly 6 GB client size), but bare in mind you will need to update the mir2config when we go live, currently points to your local IP address

Thanks
Any ALPHA testing ?:)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Any ALPHA testing ?:)
There will be testing as soon as hanys finished re coding some of the spells. I'll do a bit of balancing offline then ill probably open the server up for people to log on and test exp/quests/pvp etc. he's done about half at the moment

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
There will be testing as soon as hanys finished re coding some of the spells. I'll do a bit of balancing offline then ill probably open the server up for people to log on and test exp/quests/pvp etc. he's done about half at the moment

So at the start of March?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
So at the start of March?
well its hard to say as at this point the coding list is the thing delaying us. the ingame is nearly done and id be confident in saying my ingame stuff will be done early march, not so sure about the coding side as it depends when hany gets time as his job is quite demanding atm.

ill post updates as they come.. but atm nothing much to report really. Added 135 basic levelin quests over last few days

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
this post reminds me of this post.

You mean back when the files were buggy, unfinished, and unstable?

Yes...same thing ;)

It was too much work for Hany to fix for that particularly release if i remember rightly....what is it with everyone seeing the negativity lately lol.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
this post reminds me of this post.
tbh I was going to bump that post but I decided to just make a fresh one as it is a new/different server to that. It is using that as a base but a lot has changed.

Unfortunately back then the files were just too underdeveloped and required wayyyyyy too much work and time that neither of us 3 had. a year later and look how much "crystal" files have grown, its amazing everyone involved has really impressed and done such a good job.

As the files are already in such a good state it means there's a lot less coding work to be done, of course ive still given hany and matt a big old list for changing some spells, adding some mob AIs etc but its all fairly small work.

This server will 100% be going online I can assure you of that, I wouldnt have invested money into purchasing the domain, forums and dedi if it was just going to flop like last time :)

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
On your last server(s) if i remember correctly you couldn't use a tt if you was below 20% health and it would take 10 seconds to tele you after you have used it (that could have been @tele) unless you used a GT tele which you could use straight away and would work instantly, will these be on 5 heroes?

Another thing, will all classes have mass attacking skills (leveling skills) like on your previous servers?

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I do remember that feature on 1 of my servers.. I think I replaced townteleport with a script that wouldnt let you use it if you had below 20% HP. I think it was @tele and @home that had a delay? I dont remember there being a delay if im honest, could be wrong. I do remember the GT tele having some kind of benefit though which was the major benefit of having a GT.
Its a good thing and something we'll probably do down the line.. but currently I dont want to push the release date back further by having to work and code on a GT system.

Yes the aim is for all classes to have a form of AOE attack as the server is largely based around huge spawns... some classes will be better at it than others though.. probably in terms of clear speed..

1. Wizard (flamefield)
2. Warrior (XHM - does 150% of your DC around u, 100% dc to main target.. add a.speed into it your probably killing 3x3 faster than the wiz is doing 5x5)
3. Taoist (more of a combination of poisoncloud / skeleton / deva etc)
4. Archer (quite a late spell to be gained but OneWithNature is basically flamefield but bigger CD and more damage, while they aint using that spell they can use NapalmShot)
5. Assassin (CresentSlash - another late gaining spell but does big AOE dmg infront of the assassin)

I mean they are very rough "rankings" in all honesty...
in terms of pure single target dps it's probably the same order reversed (e.g. Assassin > archer > taoist > warrior > wizard)

Small Update:
we're about done with 4 out of 5 class spells now, just need to finish the tweaks and adjustments to archer (which will probably be an on going thing for a while).
Nearly all monsters are coded, couple bosses left.
The actual database is pretty much complete... just a few bits here and there.

We're still aiming for some sort of Beta in March.

---------- Post Merged on 22-02-2016 at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 21-02-2016 at 01:21 PM ----------

Really need some help in creating a decent Video/Trailer to post on YouTube as well as some good Banners for signatures etc... if anyone is good at this kinda graphical stuff can you drop me a pm?

We're offering GameCoins / GameGold (whatever you wanna call it) in return for this service.

Thanks

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
An outside the box thin to consider (Although im 99% sure it will not be a problem) is the use of 'Smart AIs'.

I say this because on low user count servers when a tao isnt always available, bosses go unkilled simply cause they cant be trapped. The 99% comes from this not being an issue as i feel from past experience and hype already you wont struggle for users. And with Origins being the best server that isnt governed by money cheats and ignorant GMs, which is having a wobble itself due to a broken HD, im sure youll have well over 120 users after the dust settles.

That was bosses, but aforementioned server used to have Smart AIs on most normal mobs, which totally shafted wizards for leveling, as they walked toward you on any of 3 'lines' rather than aiming for the 1.

---------- Post Merged at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:59 PM ----------

An outside the box thin to consider (Although im 99% sure it will not be a problem) is the use of 'Smart AIs'.

I say this because on low user count servers when a tao isnt always available, bosses go unkilled simply cause they cant be trapped. The 99% comes from this not being an issue as i feel from past experience and hype already you wont struggle for users. And with Origins being the best server that isnt governed by money cheats and ignorant GMs, which is having a wobble itself due to a broken HD, im sure youll have well over 120 users after the dust settles.

That was bosses, but aforementioned server used to have Smart AIs on most normal mobs, which totally shafted wizards for leveling, as they walked toward you on any of 3 'lines' rather than aiming for the 1.

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Yes the aim is for all classes to have a form of AOE attack as the server is largely based around huge spawns... some classes will be better at it than others though.. probably in terms of clear speed..

3. Taoist (more of a combination of poisoncloud / skeleton / deva etc)

This makes me extremely happy. Good luck mate, cant wait for this.

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Will Taos skeles be the same as your previous servers?

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Will Taos skeles be the same as your previous servers?
Yes.

Its worth noting that all pets scale from the master.. e.g. if you have 1000 SC your skele will have 1000 DC.. if you have 1 dc your skele will have 1 dc + the small base dc thats in the database (like 10). [THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL % OF MASTER JUST AN EXAMPLE]

Things like frost crunch slow has been designed so that level is taken into account to stop level 1s being able to slow level 80s.. I think you need to be within 60% of the level or something (this is configurable on the fly and will most likely change)

No we're not any closer to releasing an ETA, I wont be able to do that until after a Beta which is close.. possibly a closed beta this or next weekend. After the Beta Ill release an ETA. As said previously, March is the planned open beta/live date aim. This is not a server ull be waiting years for.

@Adv I dont rly understand what you mean?
There are boss's of all kinds.. there are sub bosses that are easy to kill with low drop rates that can be soloed
There are boss's that'll require a group at low level but be soloable end game but all classes
There are group bosses that dont require much tactic but simply require groups
And there are bosses that require a bit more than hold down the F2 key... E.g. it will randomly announce it's going to AOE so you need to run or die. If you remember EvilMir on previous servers it did a Firewall Wall that you had to dodge.. that kinda stuff.
They should be a variety of fun / group / solo / challenging bosses

ps. Still need help with banners / videos etc if you want/think this will make over 100 users.

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Yes.

Its worth noting that all pets scale from the master.. e.g. if you have 1000 SC your skele will have 1000 DC.. if you have 1 dc your skele will have 1 dc + the small base dc thats in the database (like 10). [THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL % OF MASTER JUST AN EXAMPLE]

Do you mind elaborating what tao pets will be like for us that didn't play your previous servers please?

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Do you mind elaborating what tao pets will be like for us that didn't play your previous servers please?

Skeletons, these were just for leveling/bosses really, they had a 3x3 (i think) mass attack, they didn't do damage in PVP only PVE.

Shin, the tank of the family.

Deva, basically just used to flinch people.

Skele ran of your SC like Ben said above, i don't believe the other two did (could be wrong, it's been a long time)

Status
Not open for further replies.