Moved, please keep the crystal section purely for crystal related things

thanks

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
You may be using crystal files but this map has nothing to do with crystal nor does the Ace map editor, it's a generic subject.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Does the map actually look like that in game? If not then its not Crystal related.
The Crystal Files files don't have a official Map Editor using the AceM2 Editor is very limited and only worth using Shanda Maps with it.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Just out of interest how maps work - isn't this the case of either the tile is missing or corrupted inside library file? Or maybe lib that has this tile is missing?
What I mean to fix this you might not need a working map editor, 'lib' fix might be all that's needed? But do we have lib editor or just lib viewer? In which case this could only be fixed if it is the case of missing lib file, other than the one from which the visible tiles come from. Have no idea though if a map contains tiles from more than single lib file.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Well its obvious what's wrong here.

The Tile arrangement in your .WZL are different to the ones in your .Lib

EDIT : Cross reference your .WZL with .LIB , personally I make sure I use the official Shanda Client / Korean Client with separate editors (its just the way we save formats and allocate data with Crystal). I've done more than I wanted to with maps and tbh , its a right ****ing mess.

Shanda have gone and made beautiful edits to provinces and SOME caves, now , heres where they confuse you ...They stole Korean objects, but not tiles (smart right?). This put a massive hurdle in front of me as I did not follow updates from both clients, thus , never knew what was what. but after checking the files / editors and the limitations I came to this conclusions.

Shanda = Provinces / ST / ZT / WT / PT and FoxKR (Premade, if you want to make custom maps , don't use Korean Objects, you wont have the tiles and we can't update .WZL's)

Korean = Dungeons and old 2.3 stuff (with like 1 fancy new wall / crap grass tiles and SOME fancy water edge but its abit ...OTT)

Mir 3 Korean / Shanda = No decent map editor

Now with the above mentioned, I did come up with a solution (which is now undoable after some discussion with TD). Basically, the old LibMapEditor uses Managed Squish and the new LibV2 is GZIP Compression ... so the tools used on LibV2 are actually newer than Delphi itself, thus have **** all documentation on how to use GZIP compression for the Lib.pas.

So yeah , unless we at lomcn can get an editor to read all formats (in the .lib locations) AND save a new format (for a custom map data, that'd id love to work on as I have tons of map graphics you guys would melt over) then we are stuck with the above methods. which ofc , is just a right mess (all contain duped tiles from 2.3 , shanda stole a **** load but never grabbed the tiles and the editors we are using are just jank , thank you Shorty for the 37k tile cap , genius).

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Well its obvious what's wrong here.

The Tile arrangement in your .WZL are different to the ones in your .Lib

think he's using the acem2 editor that reads libs

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
think he's using the acem2 editor that reads libs

Well there we go, this map is from a Ruby Client he said, and our Korean Libs are newer?

EDIT: Could you confirm the following for me.

- Origination of the map you are using (is it Official? Is it Private? Where did you get it)
- What Map Editor you are using (AceM2 WZL Editor or the LibMapEditor TD pushed out as an experiment)
- Where are you putting this Editor ? Korean Data / Shanda Data ?

I assume you are using a Map from Ruby that uses a custom .WIL (You won't be missing a lib , because tiles are showing , if the lib was missing , it'd be black)

Last edited: