123Server321

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

mousey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 14, 2011
Mir2TheLastStand

Mir2TheLastStand
the land of Mir has been lost to the mighty Oma's and their minions
BichonWall MonchonWall SabukWall and CastleGiRong have all been lost
the last few mighty players have retreated to the MagicTown created by a powerfull Wizard
the mobs have not yet found this village but we need to strengthen our forces and take back
our towns

currently working on a new server it will be "high rate
"
high stats,
high levels,
fair amount of gems and orbs
3sets of gems/orbs weak normal strong all upgradeable to higher tier gems
all weapons upgradeable to a "strong" version of its type
mob relics can drop from all bosses to allow u to fight them again in the BossSpawnRoom
all mobs and respawns have been 100% redone to give it a fresh feel
all bosses have a strong counterpart that have better drops and higher stats
Bandits and mobs have taken over the main towns turning them into hunt areas for the brave

working towards adding more stuff we are online 24/7 for anyone who wants to come test the server
theres lots more work to do but if your bored and want to come have a look feel free

facebook page
https://www.facebook
.com/Mir2-The-Last-Stand-236616630025025/

any criticism and suggestions are welcome it will all help to build a great server

we are using CrystalM2 files - thx far and the rest of the team who have worked very hard on these files :)

/123jess321

currently to get ingame you will need to

go to this link and download the client flie not the server one http://legendofmir.uk/mirfiles/Client.rar

extract with winrar (free trial)

run launcher download the files

and then

open folder click on Mir2Config

change this

[Network]
UseConfig=False

to this

[Network]
UseConfig=True
IPAddress=94.195.74.53
Port=7000

then you should be good to go

open up client and game should load

please note we are still testing and building the server but if you fancy poping on for a look feel free server is up and running

Last edited:

mousey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 14, 2011
updated the info to be a bit more informative now that we are getting closer

mousey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 14, 2011
currently just myself doing everything been doing loads of research >.< only things I'm not 100% sure on is how to make a download for the client but for testing I'm using standard crystal server files - database has been striped bare and being redone to suit the server style so the standard client is sufficient for now

as for a specific answer I'm in the gardening and building buisness by trade so I wouldn't say I was a coder but I know a bit :)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
brill feedback what didn't u like about it? because I don't think you have even logged on

The fact you've put 5 minutes into some files you found and called it a "server" is what i don't like about it.

Much like the countless others before you and i'm sure more to come after you've gone.

I literally could download a copy....and do what you've advertised in less than a couple hours. This is including learning how the files work as i still haven't even got round to using them. In fact, the only thing you have done is:
- Manipulate the Orbs/Gems...5 minute job, simply changing the success rates and creating numerous names.
- Added an extra item and added to boss drop files, and possibly an extra map for this boss room.
- Can't comment on spawns, and letd face it....no one will ever notice a "fresh feel" with spawns lol.

Thats not effort, it's not a server....even the name is just half assed and lazy....numbers are even sequential. I could even bet money on then fact it has a cash shop or soon will have, or at least some way to buy your way forwards.

The amount of servers that crop up like this is horrendous...should call for a vote for new rules for this type of thing.

You will be gone in less than 2 months....and thats being optimistic about it. Likely a few weeks.

Last edited:

mousey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 14, 2011
wow I think your view is very much miss guided ive put many hours into this server a minimum of 5hrs a night apart from Tuesdays cus that's pool night

I have spent a month and a half every night testing adding items changing stats changing hps balancing players balancing mobs redoing the caves adding npcs changing skills to suit coming up with what I hope is fresh ideas...

I'm guessing u didn't realise this post is over 2 weeks old do u realy think I posted 2weeks ago then sat around doing nothing ?

ever heard the phrase don't judge a book by its cover? well you sir have just done that and its not helpful...should call for a vote for new rules for this type of thing.

no there is no game shop and nor will there be till the server has been live for 6months even then the only items Ill be adding is things like mounts and tranforms fun things that wont over power people by means of pay to win as I'm not running this server to make money ive got my other 2 buisnesses that do that well enough for me ive just enjoyed this game for many years and I feel what I'm working on and towards is what many players feel is missing from mir atm

but seriously everyones intitled to their own opinion but lets face it you have just guessed wrongly what u think the server will be like guessed wrongly on how much time its taken so far guessed wrongly on the game shop guessed wrongly on bosses (ive stripped every cave of its mobs and redone every one with new stats new drop files new spawn rates and even altered the caves) so your opinion isn't an opinion its just a wild guess

plus I feel like u think the server is called 123server321 its not it was just a querky way to let my friends know whos server this was

/123jess321

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
wow I think your view is very much miss guided ive put many hours into this server a minimum of 5hrs a night apart from Tuesdays cus that's pool night

I have spent a month and a half every night testing adding items changing stats changing hps balancing players balancing mobs redoing the caves adding npcs changing skills to suit coming up with what I hope is fresh ideas...

I'm guessing u didn't realise this post is over 2 weeks old do u realy think I posted 2weeks ago then sat around doing nothing ?

ever heard the phrase don't judge a book by its cover? well you sir have just done that and its not helpful...should call for a vote for new rules for this type of thing.

no there is no game shop and nor will there be till the server has been live for 6months even then the only items Ill be adding is things like mounts and tranforms fun things that wont over power people by means of pay to win as I'm not running this server to make money ive got my other 2 buisnesses that do that well enough for me ive just enjoyed this game for many years and I feel what I'm working on and towards is what many players feel is missing from mir atm

but seriously everyones intitled to their own opinion but lets face it you have just guessed wrongly what u think the server will be like guessed wrongly on how much time its taken so far guessed wrongly on the game shop guessed wrongly on bosses (ive stripped every cave of its mobs and redone every one with new stats new drop files new spawn rates and even altered the caves) so your opinion isn't an opinion its just a wild guess

plus I feel like u think the server is called 123server321 its not it was just a querky way to let my friends know whos server this was

/123jess321

The problem is that you used more time posting a reply to someone than actually creating a proper advertising for your server.

You might create the best server ever but with an advertisment like this me and many others wouldnt even try it. So even if i usually dont agree with Pottsy i sort of get his point. If you get it as well it would be good for your server.

mousey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 14, 2011
The problem is that you used more time posting a reply to someone than actually creating a proper advertising for your server.

You might create the best server ever but with an advertisment like this me and many others wouldnt even try it. So even if i usually dont agree with Pottsy i sort of get his point. If you get it as well it would be good for your server.

thanks noted I will work on a better advert maybe even a youtube vid? I did realise as I was relpying most the stuff I was replying I probably should of put in my advert I was trying to make it simple and to the point but maybe that was the wrong way to go thx for the helpful reply :)

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Youtube video is sort of pointless unless you have new coded AI/skills etc which i doubt you do.

Some pics of your maps/mobs/items along with some explanation of what we see is quite simple to do and very helpful for everyone.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Maybe go for a Med / Lowish rate server, Ben's server coming up soon which will be high rate so won't be massive gap in the market for it, with origin dying out after he lost the source for that time there's a gap for a good low / med rate Crystal files. Just my opinion ( if you haven't already gone to far into high rate stats etc )

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
ever heard the phrase don't judge a book by its cover?

In this case the advertisement is the cover, the book and the end story.

Did you know most of us can see the lifeline of a server by the advertisement? If you put nothing, we see nothing...you may feel like downloading dozens of servers and changing IP addresses more often than I have a shower just to level up for a week and see i've wasted time...but I don't and neither does anyone else.

But as i said before, from the advert you've simply got 3 already existed features that you've simply manipulated and not all in that interesting of a way....A waste of time in most peoples eyes.

72 people have viewed this....i'm the only one to comment how bad your advert is, and 1 to respond to what i've basically said.

The rest is you....where you think the others are? They don't post, they simply read and pass it by, ignoring the trash that you have presented. The ones that do, simply haven't caught onto the boring trend thats been going on for some time.

How would you like me to comment about this server exactly? Hardly able to say anything positive...should I ignore it and allow you to go into ignorant bliss and open the server for it to waste advert space for a couple months?

I suppose you could argue it's an "Upcoming" section....but lately it may as well be the main thing, because most of these don't make it to the approval stages...or maybe they do and disappear as quickly as they get approved? (Shocker!)

Little tip, don't take advice from the Dune Server advert either....it's a perfect example of crap. Yes, it's provided much more information than yours...but has it really? Listed nothing but what the Crystal Files have already built in...basically saying "I downloaded files and launched" but in a fancy and long winded way.

Where are features YOU have done....Where are YOUR quests, YOUR items, YOUR dungeons...Don't list Crystal Files functions, we can already see that by the work Far is doing....we don't need you to repeat it. The only info that should be repeated is Classes and Rates as they can vary.

Last edited:

mousey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 14, 2011
cool ye I'm responding because I want a good server that will last and would like imput from the community all quests are gone and I'm rebuilding new ones to suit the server ill get a better ad up closer to open beta just wanted to see what people wanted and if what I was working on is a step in the right direction I belive it is otherwise i wouldn't of spent so much time already on it so I'm gonna carry on and hopefully you will all pop on to try it

the main thing I don't want is a pay to win server as this has happened so many times thanks all for your comments I must admit I did feel a bit frustrated that people were willing to write it off before it was even up but even if I only get one player who wants to play this server will not be taken down that's how determined I am

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Too be fair people, we should be supporting this guy. It isn't often you see a high rate now days. I just need some't to last me till the 11th at 12:01 sharp :p

But in all seriousness, I hope for the best. Not every day you see high rates.

I'd recommend you change Fencing/SpiritSword so they don't give that extra buff (Fencing giving AC and SpiritSword giving DC).

A couple of ideas.

1, Ranked items (Normal, Common, Rare, Legendary etc).
2, BlackMarket (NPC selling random items each every Sunday) I liked the idea from Destiny.

And just basically add anything you can think of. Give players some't always to do. So they're not sitting in safe zone twiddling there thumbs waiting for the next boss re-spawn.

I'll of course download the client and take a glance. Also taking a look at the previous advertisements helps you figure out a better layout for your advertisement.

Good luck

-Ash

mousey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 14, 2011
1, Ranked items (Normal, Common, Rare, Legendary etc).
2, BlackMarket (NPC selling random items each every Sunday) I liked the idea from Destiny.

i like the idea of an npc turning up at a random day ill put that in as for fencing and spirit sword ive given warriors spirit sword aswell as taos for the extra acc and given taos slaying as warriors tend not to like slaying as it gets in the way of tdb

items will have common normal legendary etc its realy easy to do on these files :)