Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
I Get this error

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
  • The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the includes/config.phpfile
  • Error description: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) /home/classiconline0/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 317

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
ive changed that a few times and it still gives me errors, think you can give me a hand with it please as ive been struggling with it since 6am lol

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
  • Database connection failed due to unexpected error:Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again
    • (1044) Access denied for user 'classiconline0'@'localhost' to database 'forum'

getting this error now

Last edited:

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Same reason the user you have given classiconline0 does not have access to the forum database from localhost.

You will need to speak to your host to get the correct login details.

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
Ok i have got past that part,now it lets me press the begin button but now it gives me these errors

Unexpected Text:<br />
<b>Strict Standards</b>: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::drop_index() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::drop_index() in <b>/home/classiconline0/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php</b> on line <b>1418</b><br />
<br />
<b>Strict Standards</b>: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::add_index() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::add_index() in <b>/home/classiconline0/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php</b> on line <b>1418</b><br />
<br />
<b>Strict Standards</b>: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::add_field() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::add_field() in <b>/home/classiconline0/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php</b> on line <b>1418</b><br />
<br />
<b>Strict Standards</b>: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::drop_field() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::drop_field() in <b>/home/classiconline0/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php</b> on line <b>1418</b><br />
<br />
<b>Strict Standards</b>: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::query() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::query() in <b>/home/classiconline0/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php</b> on line <b>1418</b><br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<upgrade>
<message replace="0">Connection successful</message>
<status>Status: Installing, Step 2 of 7</status>
<longversion>install</longversion>
<version>install</version>
<nextstep>2</nextstep>
<upgradenotice><![CDATA[<strong>Installing</strong>]]></upgradenotice>
</upgrade>

---------- Post Merged at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Its ok contacted the web host and its just started instaling

gamehay

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 28, 2016
Error description: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) /home/classiconline0/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 317

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Don't use mysql_connect(), it's deprecated in PHP 7 and not recommended in lower versions. Use mysqli or PDO instead.

I know time has passed since he posted but I just wanted to let him or anyone else know.

doankhuong91

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 17, 2016
Don't use mysql_connect(), it's deprecated in PHP 7 and not recommended in lower versions. Use mysqli or PDO instead.

I know time has passed since he posted but I just wanted to let him or anyone else know.
Thanks for your help