Mir Revelation (Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
Legend of Mir: Revelation

Legend of Mir: Revelation
wzfG0As.jpg

Server Information
Server files: Crystal
Start level: 1
Experience rate: Medium (custom)
Classes: Three classes
Server team: Mecha

Introduction
The server files we are using are the crystal files, thank you to all who have contributed to these files. The server is currently under development and the estimated time of arrival has yet to be announced. This thread will continue to be updated with the progress of the server and is purely for publicity. The experience table will be custom and will be set to give a more 'medium' feel. The caves will be packed with monsters and each floor will have a sub boss and of course a boss room.

Caves
Locations of caves can be unlocked on the teleporter stone once located by foot this includes provinces too. All caves will have no more than 3 floors and a boss room all packed with monsters.

Quests
There will be lots of quests on this server ranging from main quests to side quests. Revelation has a story and the main quests will be based on this story. It will be fun and rewarding.

Features will include fishing, awakening, crafting and more.

Please register on our forums and leave your thoughts.​

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I would stick to 3 classes tbh, 5 hero's been having troubles with balance and they have 2 coders on that team.

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
I would stick to 3 classes tbh, 5 hero's been having troubles with balance and they have 2 coders on that team.

If I stick to 3 classes then I would have less classes to work on and dedicate more of my time on those 3 but then whats crystal files without the other two classes? It is good to have a bit of diversity as we have come a long way from the 2.3 era. I'm open to hear what other people say and come to a conclusion because I too believe balancing will be tricky with all five.

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Depends how much you're willing to take on. Personally I think you should involve them all. You'll always get people moaning about balance.

If you add them all now you haven't got to worry so much about it further down the line if there is high demand for it.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
I would go with 3 classes, and later when there's enough players(after proper balancing, testing) release sin and even later on archer

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

Theres many factors for 5heroes unbalanced issues. It just not because it has 5 classes..

I agree with above post, release assassin/archer in patch stages

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Theres many factors for 5heroes unbalanced issues. It just not because it has 5 classes..

I don't like this idea because then you can't test a class properly because it will be behind level wise and you'll have to give them boosts (exp wise) which then means people may miss content.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I agree on releasing the 2 other classes on big updates.. When you feel like they're ready to be announced. (But be sure to have the other 3 classes to be your number 1 priority).

Good luck on the server.

-Ash

furybladee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2015
I think the best its a 3 class. And in the future make an update of the 4 and 5 class. Good luck with the server. Maybe i will play it too :)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Was just an example pointing out hes a 1 man army, how is he going to balance 5 classes along with having to do everything else ?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Was just an example pointing out hes a 1 man army, how is he going to balance 5 classes along with having to do everything else ?
With a lot of work, and not rushing in putting online? Giving each class crazy stats like 5H doesn't help.

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
Thank you for all your inputs. I like the idea of introducing assassin and archer at a later date. But still yet to decide, keep the ideas coming. Any one got any suggestions, anything they would like to see, what you dont want to see, any ideas? I'm open to any suggestions and criticism as long as it's something achievable and sensible.

---------- Post Merged on 11-05-2016 at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 09-05-2016 at 11:33 PM ----------

I need a little help from you all. I am having thoughts about the main home town / province and was wondering what your opinions are on having the main town as Prajna Island (the updated map that looks all exotic, perhaps the one from chronicles) or a custom map which I made a while back but looks really outdated as I don't think I have the time to make another one with everything else I am doing. Here's a screenshot of the map.. It has 3 cave entrances and 1 leading to a forest. What are you opinions on this? Too small, too outdated or what you rather this as a hometown as it's something new? I am not looking to use Bichon Wall as it's too big, has too much areas not being used and it's too cliche. (There will be other provinces too but this will be the main one where you start off at.)

iObujIQ.png
POgYbSH.png

---------- Post Merged at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:32 PM ----------

xT852Af.png

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Thank you for all your inputs. I like the idea of introducing assassin and archer at a later date. But still yet to decide, keep the ideas coming. Any one got any suggestions, anything they would like to see, what you dont want to see, any ideas? I'm open to any suggestions and criticism as long as it's something achievable and sensible.

---------- Post Merged on 11-05-2016 at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 09-05-2016 at 11:33 PM ----------

I need a little help from you all. I am having thoughts about the main home town / province and was wondering what your opinions are on having the main town as Prajna Island (the updated map that looks all exotic, perhaps the one from chronicles) or a custom map which I made a while back but looks really outdated as I don't think I have the time to make another one with everything else I am doing. Here's a screenshot of the map.. It has 3 cave entrances and 1 leading to a forest. What are you opinions on this? Too small, too outdated or what you rather this as a hometown as it's something new? I am not looking to use Bichon Wall as it's too big, has too much areas not being used and it's too cliche. (There will be other provinces too but this will be the main one where you start off at.)

View attachment 17232
View attachment 17233

---------- Post Merged at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:32 PM ----------

xT852Af.png
Using PI as a home town isnt a bad shout but i most definitely wouldnt use the suggested map above.

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
I'm not actually going for a euro clone but I understand what you mean. There has been sufficient comment on it and it seems like the majority want the three classes which to be honest, is kind of a relieve as I too prefer just the three classes. If later on there is a high demand for there other two classes then I will consider a patch stage to later introduce these.

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
I'm not actually going for a euro clone but I understand what you mean. There has been sufficient comment on it and it seems like the majority want the three classes which to be honest, is kind of a relieve as I too prefer just the three classes. If later on there is a high demand for there other two classes then I will consider a patch stage to later introduce these.

is there a beta coming up for this soon?

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
Hi, just a quick update about the server I have iJam on board and we chose to stick with 3 classes. We are in the swing of things and more update will be posted soon! Thanks.