F.H Server [Test]

danmidd

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2003
Not sure if this is still going but i'm looking to host a server if anyone has any near complete server files? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Distant Souls ( I think it was called that ) server files.

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Not sure if this is still going but i'm looking to host a server if anyone has any near complete server files? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Distant Souls ( I think it was called that ) server files.
these are about as good as it gets

danmidd

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2003
these are about as good as it gets
Ah well, i've got them working but seems like they need a lot of work. It takes ages to load the Mobs and some of the shop NPC's don't work. Thanks for replying anyway.

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Ah well, i've got them working but seems like they need a lot of work. It takes ages to load the Mobs and some of the shop NPC's don't work. Thanks for replying anyway.
yeah they require a lot of work and without source for client its still riddled with chinese lol and instant run makes it abit anoying to play lol

Reactions: danmidd

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
DSM was version 1.8

F.H is 2.0, i wouldn't recommend it.

I do have the official client source for 2.0 but it needs some work to get working for our current files.

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
DSM was version 1.8

F.H is 2.0, i wouldn't recommend it.

I do have the official client source for 2.0 but it needs some work to get working for our current files.
can you share the map headers/cell info and that from client so can load the maps? could build a client in c# then?

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Devs on C# already have access to them.
ok cool can grab it when there done lol ah never mind didn't realise the Chinese had released it on their site

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
ok cool can grab it when there done lol ah never mind didn't realise the Chinese had released it on their site

What's the link? if it's been released in China then should be no problem releasing it on lomcn.

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
What's the link? if it's been released in China then should be no problem releasing it on lomcn.
ill release it when i've done what I need to do I mean you could just search for it if people really want it like I did lol just need to put it in my map editor and finish some of that old client I was working on still have that one I was messaging you about lol, always wanted to do a custom woool server just couldnt be bothered to go through and build maps in the editor when I can load them and convert them to my custom vil map file just could never find a decent header format hopefully this one works

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
ill release it when i've done what I need to do I mean you could just search for it if people really want it like I did lol just need to put it in my map editor and finish some of that old client I was working on still have that one I was messaging you about lol, always wanted to do a custom woool server just couldnt be bothered to go through and build maps in the editor when I can load them and convert them to my custom vil map file just could never find a decent header format hopefully this one works

When i was given it i was told not to release it, worked with them just so i could give the map format to a couple of the C# Devs so they can get them working for mir.
But i remember who you are now, if what you found isn't the client source, send me a message, i don't have a problem sharing with people who are actually going to work on it.

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
When i was given it i was told not to release it, worked with them just so i could give the map format to a couple of the C# Devs so they can get them working for mir.
But i remember who you are now, if what you found isn't the client source, send me a message, i don't have a problem sharing with people who are actually going to work on it.
no worries haha

should work hopefully does look better I rekon just digging out the older stuff now to try been a while lol thought woool was gonna just die off

this was it lol

1676760842230.png

Reactions: NightDance

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Also interested in keep a copy of the source code to keep in the archives
think the ones I found are an old c++ set ill try work out what they are do what I need to then release them if they are any good

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Thank you, if you’re happy I’ll release them onto mirfiles for archiving
yeah that wont be a problem I only need the map header and cell structures I started that back in 2019 and couldn't finish it because of map structures lol

Reactions: Jev

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
yeah me too, i dont have much time now, but if any1 wants to give it a go ill be happy to get a machine on my vmware datacenter so they can work on it!