Release Revelation Server/Client

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
I thought I may as well release Revelation server/client considering iJam has decided to take a different road and work on a server by himself and left me on my own which is disappointing without getting into too much detail why. I simply cannot work on it by myself I feel like it's a lot of work to take on especially with where I want to get it.

A lot of time, patience and effort has been put into the server/client so far. Though it may not be complete (server), there are things you may find useful such as the item database/client with hundreds of armours/weapons/items to fit the crystal files. Let's just say it wasn't an easy job, we did all the boring stuff like placements, resizing, fitting on the interface etc. The server was built from scratch and everything totally custom.

It's a shame it's had to come to this as I would've said it could've have been the best server around I have tried to reason with iJam, it just wasn't happening. Anyways, the server/client is currently being uploaded and as soon as the links are available I will update this post. Unfortunately, I have had too many bad experiences with Mir and I think it's time for me to part ways and move on. Thank you to those for a great experience, my childhood memories I shall carry with me for Mir was my first and only MMORPG.

Note: www.legendofmir.co.uk will be closing down on 24th Friday as the hosting expires. The client and server will be hosted on this site so you would probably want to download it before it expires and mirror if you want. If anyone is interested in buying the domain/website off me, PM me as I will no longer need it.

Download links:

Server: http://www.legendofmir.co.uk/Server (Revelation).rar
Client: http://www.legendofmir.co.uk/Client (Revelation).rar
Extras: www.legendofmir.co.uk/Extras.rar (Includes Item DB in Excel + Arm/Wep shape numbers)

Arm/Wep shape numbers included in the client/db:
4mOD11w.jpg

g9FuKSz.jpg

Mecha

Last edited:
Reactions: spartekas and Jicaa

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
A link to your xenforo theme would be nice if it's not custom made :D

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
You're welcome, I lost count how much photoshoping I did on the images too improve quality and size's.
Its a very nice client for new servers owners to work from.

Reactions: NightScare

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
You're welcome, I lost count how much photoshoping I did on the images too improve quality and size's.
Its a very nice client for new servers owners to work from.

It will really help with C servers, One of my main bug bears with them was lack of variety in armors and weapons.

:D

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
It will really help with C servers, One of my main bug bears with them was lack of variety in armors and weapons.

:D

If I'm honest the most daunting job was getting the placements right. Also manually clearing the blanks in the lib files as some were not clearing when using the remove blanks tool on the lib viewer. Anyway, all of most of what we did were so boring but worth while. I look forward to seeing more servers having a variety of choice of armours/weapons and not being so limited.

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
client seems to have corrupt files in it as winrar is giving me errors

Good spot. I don't know why that is, could of happened when I was uploading. But to be fair, you only need the CArmour and CWeapon folders found in the Data folder. Just download yourself a fresh crystal client here and move them over.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
There doesn't seem to be a stateitem.lib in the data folder, other than that it's a great release. shame you couldn't make it into a server.

---------- Post Merged on 24-06-2016 at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 23-06-2016 at 12:46 PM ----------

Anyone able to get the stateitem?

TwistedSoul

Twisted-Extreme-MirII
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2016
You may have to download the client twice, as i noticed, when i first downloaded, it just had a "Data" folder, but when i downloaded it the second time, it had all the files in there ;/ weird - but it worked!

- Also would it be possible to have the source code with theses? or do we manually have to re-build the exes?

Thanks in advance & Great release! /TwistedSoul

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
I recommend downloading a fresh source from the Crystal forum section and rebuilding the exe's that's of course if you want to remove 'Revelation' label from everywhere.

Last edited:

TwistedSoul

Twisted-Extreme-MirII
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2016
I recommend downloading a fresh source from the Crystal forum section and rebuilding the exe's that's of course if you want to remove 'Revelation' label from everywhere.

Yeah i do - Problem i'm having is if you've changed any of the files

TwistedSoul

Twisted-Extreme-MirII
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2016
You will only need to increase the lib value in the source so you can go above 100. Look for 'MLibrary' in the source and increase it.

Nothing else been changed within the source code?