What era was you favourite time and biggest regret on mir2 euro

smoochy boys on tour

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Just for nostalgia reasons and the fact we are never going to re play it, what time did you enjoy playing the most?

ill start of with mine being mid level cave hunting for survival items and fighting for every wt and Es, then Slave cave after I levelled and could not enter, I remember when someone got a mace from a slave/ mirking. Phoenix server. People were getting quite hyped about it

regret not playing when the Easter event was on.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Flooring limpie from evolution on P server in BDD as NowWhereMan loved killing her and reading R.I.P. G.F. poems as she grey screened followed by her whole guild recalling in (Was a daily event). Can't say I loved X cave or X experience was more a blur of fun with ~PK~

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
I hope this thread develops, i love reading about old Mir stories. I remember the first ever lord spawn event on Dragon and my sis being lucky enough to get onto a Muscle Ring in safezone... waiting 2 minutes to pick it up lol. Was a pretty big deal at the time!

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Some of the best times was hunting ST KR for a GreatAxe, Spider patch when they added all the kit to the shops.

Easter event kinda ruined it for me.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I had some fond memories, not all in the same time frame.
Having my characters name announced on TV (GameNetwork I think it was) was some PvP event in contest room, I did die.
Killing an Asian player (wasn't sure if he was Chinese or Korean) out side ZT KR dropping his DSS on the floor, sadly on his body, picked it up before I got there :(
Shortly after going on Apex's K.O.S, PKing them in BDD, got Cobras mace and a few other members items.

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
Right after patch 1.4 hit, GM Alaria had a crowd around her in Border Village. About 30 people, asking her questions and chattin'.

She decided to let us sneak peek some upcoming never before seen items. She put on a HeavensArm(F) and showed us a new Tao pet called a 'Holy deva.'

Peoples minds were blown.

totaln00b

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 11, 2014
I was there from Beta to its first year and for me, just grouping up with your friends to go off hunting or whatever, it was the Best time for the game everything was new and the game community and economy was working really well, then it all went to crap when a GM (maybe Benin?) gave loads of items to a character in game (cant remember name Badass? or something) it ruined the game for me, then people started exploiting bugs and cheating and it was ruined, a shame really.

littletommy

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Stealing WoOt's Angel armour on project69 back in the old days it was worth a ****ing fortune haha i got my brother to take the blame for me haha

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Haha I'm sure I remember this on p69. To be fair there were so many item taken over the years!

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
I forget the name of the guild but 2 chars stand out. HANLOVEKIKI and Kelly were the main ones. Pretty earlyish Chinese cheats that the whole server used to chase around. That and as a Noob running away from yodles (I think was her name?) early in bc with her curse+God knows power axe

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
I remember the first time I ever logged in, I spawned in ginko tree village and some troll called Nebworth blocked me in a corner with his pet chicken. I didn't know how to log out so I was there for a good hour

I saw him around a lot after that, he never leveled up from lvl 20 and was always in Bichon SZ trolling peeps. I finally overtook him in levels and got some sweet revenge hehe :) ..... Then we kinda became friends.

I don't regret much. Maybe one regret is spending an entire summer holidays indoors playing Mir while everyone else was outside catching rays.

I was around patch 1.7? I think.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Spider patch was my favourite time in euro, i played P server. Funniest thing i seen on euro my friend ( Teralious ) was in ST KR got the ES killed it to get a DSS drop then Limpie ( level 44 warrior ) Stood on top of it and he didn't have the damage to get her off it she could just stand tank him was a sad time, DSS was selling for quite a lot irl then.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Creating The_Mafia guild on euro.. general playing with them all was good fun... killing Yimoogi for first time.. solo camping Fox boss and fallin asleep on the keyboard... Spanking EvilMir and getting the first and only Mir sword ingame
First person to get full Mir Set then sold it to Bullpit for a new car :biggrin-new:

loads of great times tbh... the late/early/mid day brawls outside OKS was probably the most favourite time, endless hours of fun that was.

Biggest regret was trusting too many people and lending items to arseholes that pretended to be your friend just to rip you off. Although I always came back stronger so maybe it did me a favour.

Its sad to think those days will never be re-created but was still loads of fun

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
I forget the name of the guild but 2 chars stand out. HANLOVEKIKI and Kelly were the main ones. Pretty earlyish Chinese cheats that the whole server used to chase around. That and as a Noob running away from yodles (I think was her name?) early in bc with her curse+God knows power axe

EasternHuntClub was the guild name if i remember rightly. And yes, Yodels was the first of the kind for playing the PK'er.
Until Nowhereman and JerryTheBerry came about.

I joined mir the weekend before the infamous easter event, killed **** loads of hens and didn't know you had to harvest them for loot. sad times. Here i am like 15 years later still playing the bloody game!

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Fond memories of playing Mir:
- Downloading Mir on a 56k modem for 20+ hours...

- First EvilCentipede Kill with Stocks on Phoenix (He kept telling me to not run out and I didn't understand why).

- JudgementMace dropping from my first ZT kill with Elite on Phoenix server.

- Playing my first private server (CripplePatrol's DevilSoul Server).

My other fond memories are actually of developing Mir:
- thedeath teaching me basic programming (if, then else and loops).

- LCD teaching me how to colour replace/attaching wings to armours (MANUALLY!)

- Manually attaching the first set of Mir3 mobs to their shadows for RaGEZONE.

- Hitting 800+ users when Chronicles first went live.

I have some not so fond memories of Mir also:
- DC43 DSS being stolen... Can't remember who stole it now, but I was using a "friend's" character to refine it (before gems) got it to 43 and he changed his password and kept it... Really can't remember the character's name now though... Not long after that I sold my character and started with private servers.

Sam

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
I used to love fighting TheGreatWall and Time_Tunnel - great fun, especially in Slave Cave . Had a good scrap with them at stupid o'clock in the morning with some friends in Slave Cave, managed to get the Mir King kill and got a recall ring from it.. classic Mir.

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Dragon Server - Easter Event...Got Paralysis Ring 5/5 from harvesting a hen I think it was...Then I sold it the same day for 12-14 mill..dumb.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Drop jumping a pvp death on p server and taking Smir's power ring without even knowning i picked it up.

dropping my soul sabre on the ground to ghost it and somebody taking it and selling it.

Seeing Deva for the first time, talking to it cause i thought it was a GM.

Being scammed too many times turned me in to a scammer. Anybody remember Dynabol from P? :O

Watching DiabloDoom and Tazz kicking each others heads in while 100 people form a circle around them to spectate and chasing them everywhere.