FiveHeroes [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Re: FiveHeroes Mir Server - Crystal [Discussion]

I was more concerned about "slided and diced". Should it not be sliced and diced? If it was then why did it get to advert without being noticed? :P

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: FiveHeroes Mir Server - Crystal [Discussion]

ha oh ye, wot a fail pic, I'm surprised no1 actually noticed these things when I actually posted it, guess no1 cares :@

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I'll kick the tires again after some time off. I see there's been lots of changes, will get a bit to get used to bag tabs and hp/mp mir3 like bars view (btw I can't see the numerical hp/mp state under the bar, playing in windowed mode if that makes any difference). :eek:nthego:

Thx for keeping the server alive :encouragement:

---------- Post Merged on 21-08-2017 at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 15-08-2017 at 04:26 PM ----------

• New interface coming sooooooooon!!

The new interface is nice except for those quick slots placed at the bottom left (and fixed in place) were not a good choice. And I say that after a week's playing, it is not an immediate negative reaction to something new. Besides locating such important part of the interface away from where the action and mouse cursor is, there is also the problem of info popup window covering the items that are in quick slots when you place mouse cursor on them to use... (Besides some item description while welcomed is too long, I guess can't use return to make second line?

Bag tabs placed on the left side of bag panel also weren't a good choice. For one they make bag cover more of the game view than necessary - I like to keep bag open and docked on left side of game window and the tabs keep the bag pushed out into the game view more than it used to be when the tabs were on top (where they didn't enlarge bag panel 'outline'. And second, they are placed in user unfriendly fashion, illogical - because vertical (for want of better terms), I mean they are placed in such a way to which I don't think I get used to no matter how long I will play with it being like it is. That was the reason I asked for bag section toggling shortcut key here: http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?97658-Keyboard-shortcut-for-toggling-bag-sections

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
thanks for feedback we'll make adjustments

its new and appreciate some will like it and some won't.. i'm sure we can make some of teh adjustments you mentioned

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I like the interface and if it was up to me, I'd keep it despite those few things I mentioned.

On euro files you could push part of the bag outside the game view borders, on the other hand now we have higher resolution. I doubt (really don't think) you designed the interface and realize you can't do much about the bag tabs (or else it is not a matter of a simple photoshop fix but need some coding too). But like the item infos in quick slots covering HP bar, it is not game breaking by any means. If fixing it meant reverting to the previous interface, I'd say keep this one despite some shortcomings.

BTW HP bar visibility might not seem such a big thing until you fight some hard sucker like your SummerSteed (hard for me as returning noob) that is like a roller coaster ride and I need to see wildly jumping HP bar clearly, not obscured by those pots popup infos (when you right click pots in QSs constantly), to judge when things are too iffy and get out. Workaround is to keep bag open and feed pots from it instead of QSs.

If I'd want just one thing, it would be shortcut key(s) for toggling bag and storage sections if possible. If there is a shortage of keys to go around, I'd recommission 'I' since I doubt anybody uses that, likely we all use F9, same for 'C' for char panel (F10).

BTW those various mob difficulties are great, they make a cave that would otherwise be dull exciting, just it seems at times that the occurrence of dark blue mobs is a tad too frequent and it puts 'low level' caves on a whole new footing, they are not really low level, those mobs can be almost as hard as sub or a boss in that cave :cower:
Quite a few pple seem to be checking the server out, probably returning chars mostly, if new they are in for a sharp start :apple:

====================================>>>>
---------- Post Merged on 27-08-2017 at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 22-08-2017 at 01:35 PM ----------
====================================>>>>

Logged off last night, today when on char select screen and press Start button, I get the popup notice "Disconnected: Packet Error" that closes the client when I click OK on it.
Tried on my second store acct and get the same packet error notice. What gives? My autopatcher is not disabled but didn't notice it is downloading anything today.

Edit: shut down PC for half hour, when started again I can log in as usual. Must have been some glitch, probably not even related to restarting my computer, whatever :tan:

---------- Post Merged on 29-08-2017 at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 27-08-2017 at 12:17 PM ----------

HELP !!! two pple got stranded in Snow province, now way to get out, TTs or @die or anything, we can't get out!

Edit: reloging took us to Ancient Bichon, from there using teleport stone we got back in normal BW, problem solved :eek:nthego:

But there another problem, many skills stopped working, server needs rebooting, thanks :eagerness:

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
@town... or @home...

Didn't work either. We sat there long enough to think of all options and both are quite mir veterans to know all options. Only way out was to log out and you logged back in AncientBichonProvince which is some map currently not used anymore except as 'dumping' map if you log out in some KRs (not sure if if in all). In ABP you need to use telestone in ABW town to teleport to some shop (Blacksmith is closest to SZ in BW) and since there are no shops in ABP you get teleported to normal BP Bichon town shop.

Logging out in KR and back in in ABP means you can use TT to return to Bichon SZ as usual (where you'd end up if you used TT in KR or anywhere else in the first place), however logging out in Snow province and using TT after logging back in AB returns you to Snow province (where there is no teleport rock post).

That quest or event map with snow is a real trap because it has SZ which sets your location as your home when it comes to TTs and it doesn't have teleport stone post.
Sometimes when I hunt subs around BP I sometimes RT into BorderVillage SZ and then I have three options, RT till I land in BW town (usually the problem is I ran out of RTs and use TT which puts me in BVillage and so RT is not an option) or ride tiger mount there or use teleport stone to go to a shop (which again puts you in a shop in BW town). From ABP you only have that last option (not sure now if there are any border exits from there that would take you back to BP. And because of this experience hunting subs and ending up in Bordervillage I was able to figure out the way back from that Snow Province, at minimum I'd rate this setup as pretty devious. :cheerful:

Last edited:

Ignius

LOMCN Leecher
Sep 4, 2017
Re: FiveHeroes Mir Server [Crystal]

i like it how i got banned for lvlin in a cave as newcomer, if u do that with all newcomers then ur server wont get more ppl :)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Server needs to be rebooted, thanks :panda:

---------- Post Merged at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Anybody out there? :miserable:

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
@town and @home dont seem to work anymore, made a new account to try and play again but im stuck in BW with no clue what to do. there doesnt seem to be any starter npc or starting caves. logged in as lvl 1 and everything is lvl 120-150+ content.

Im not surprised usercount has dropped tbh, all the new players are being ****ed over and confused as to what to do and where to go

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
@town and @home dont seem to work anymore, made a new account to try and play again but im stuck in BW with no clue what to do. there doesnt seem to be any starter npc or starting caves. logged in as lvl 1 and everything is lvl 120-150+ content.

Im not surprised usercount has dropped tbh, all the new players are being ****ed over and confused as to what to do and where to go

Would just wait for old skool remake, this is beyond dead.. Wasn't Ben's best work at all he should of recreated 3h on #C

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
he needs to reboot to sort it out. this happened before. if you just go and read on 5h forums and on this forums if it's on here. its a server side bug

---------- Post Merged at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:53 PM ----------

go log on now

---------- Post Merged at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Would just wait for old skool remake, this is beyond dead.. Wasn't Ben's best work at all he should of recreated 3h on #C

its not easy as that lol

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

I returned after last patch when start level was 150 and find the going quite good and worthwhile. Only about a week ago and again yesterday this bug happened that makes server unplayable till rebooted, otherwise it has no problems. Got some patching today, probably just tweaks. Never played 3H though.

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
I returned after last patch when start level was 150 and find the going quite good and worthwhile. Only about a week ago and again yesterday this bug happened that makes server unplayable till rebooted, otherwise it has no problems. Got some patching today, probably just tweaks. Never played 3H though.
The server was indeed online for a week, until an exception was thrown (Something with leaving instance queue)

We've updated and addressed this issue along with some client side enhancements.

- Chat Item Linking enhancement - Item will open in an inspect dialog now
- Added an (x - close button) to the queue dialog, it'll basically cancel your solo/party queue
- Instance Finder Dialog (UI Fixes)
- PvP Instance Finder Dialog (UI Fixes)
And more.

Last edited:

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Re: FiveHeroes Mir Server [Crystal]

That never before seen boss kind of looks exactly like evil Mir to me lol? It's also in not that different a KR either lol

That aside though I played this when it first launched but user count got abit stale..? Has it improved a little now..? What does the user count tend to float at..? I'll probably download in the morning and have a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I was on the server last night no problems, today, Saturday, when I start, the autopatch says Uptodate as usual, I click the Launch button and up comes the notice on the client interface
"Wrong version, please update our game. Game will now close. "

And of course pressing the OKAY button closes the works. What's up? :devilish:

Last edited:

GelikTim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2012
Client 2017-11-19 03-11-17-34.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:11 AM ----------
What happened to the game?

---------- Post Merged at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:14 AM ----------

The server was indeed online for a week, until an exception was thrown (Something with leaving instance queue)

We've updated and addressed this issue along with some client side enhancements.

- Chat Item Linking enhancement - Item will open in an inspect dialog now
- Added an (x - close button) to the queue dialog, it'll basically cancel your solo/party queue
- Instance Finder Dialog (UI Fixes)
- PvP Instance Finder Dialog (UI Fixes)
And more.

What happened to the game? read the last post