FiveHeroes [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Re: FiveHeroes Mir Server - Crystal

I have had problems getting on too. Sometimes game is loading then windows says it stop working. Then load it again it messes up goes all blue and pink. Then load again does then same. Takes me like 4 times to get on.

I have noticed that when you try to start the game and it says' "Game is still loading.." if you wait for the % to go up and it reaches 100, then it stops working and closes, however, if you see the "Game is still loading.." close the box and wait a couple mins, then click start (giving it enough time to load fully) and it usually works. It never used to do that, I have no idea what's triggered it.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

I have noticed that when you try to start the game and it says' "Game is still loading.." if you wait for the % to go up and it reaches 100, then it stops working and closes, however, if you see the "Game is still loading.." close the box and wait a couple mins, then click start (giving it enough time to load fully) and it usually works. It never used to do that, I have no idea what's triggered it.
its a bug that Far tried to help us fix but the auto patcher wouldn't upload the file required to fix it.. and then we had other things to do and it just sorta got forgotten about

if it fails and crashes, just load it again and it will be fine. its just the first time for some reason... you can always cancel.. wait like 4 secs then it'll be fine

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland

server offer para ring on drop files? im 66 lvl and cant kill wt lol xD

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

Thanks for keeping the summer items and foxes after the event, I hope its not just letting the event run a bit longer, would be nice if you just let them in indefinitely as I think they are not breaking the game and provide some boost for us lower levels, I won't even say trying to catch up to the average server levels, just hang onto our hats LOL
It would be in the spirit I posted about earlier in general mir2 discussion here, that every event should leave something behind so it doesn't end in a 'blue Monday' or hangover from the server being back to what it was prior to the event.

I'd be curious if there is an active forum discussion, on 5H website/forum it seems dead, same as on here.

Abdozaki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2013
Idek?

Theres a big expansion happening hopefully next friday that will revive the server and forums again,Keep in touch.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

Thanks for the heads up. I think though I had it and might be moving on. Stopped playing for three months this summer because of 'working vacation' abroad, just did one week or so of the summer event but now in fall when I got back (the guild went dead in the meantime anyway), I don't see much perspective here.

At lev75 and in quite good items I find it hard going any way you look at it. The lower caves bosses which I have all to myself these days have apparently been 'shaken empty' (besides I think I got better items than they could drop - all bought from others via TM). I find the 'flat rate' exp in all caves weird, like there is no progression, mobs are not significantly harder either as you go through the caves and the new caves put in recently I think are for grps only or maybe for levs80-90 in a stellar gear as each normal mob is almost like a boss for me there LOL
I can do omas in PB now but they can't compete with the 'leftover foxes' from the event and anyway are too boring (have to take them one by one mostly).

Also I just dislike the 'leveling caves', don't use them, they are not my idea of gameplay.

Last edited:

Abdozaki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2013
Idek?

Thanks for the heads up. I think though I had it and might be moving on. Stopped playing for three months this summer because of 'working vacation' abroad, just did one week or so of the summer event but now in fall when I got back (the guild went dead in the meantime anyway), I don't see much perspective here.

At lev75 and in quite good items I find it hard going any way you look at it. The lower caves bosses which I have all to myself these days have apparently been 'shaken empty' (besides I think I got better items than they could drop - all bought from others via TM). I find the 'flat rate' exp in all caves weird, like there is no progression, mobs are not significantly harder either as you go through the caves and the new caves put in recently I think are for grps only or maybe for levs80-90 in a stellar gear as each normal mob is almost like a boss for me there LOL
I can do omas in PB now but they can't compete with the 'leftover foxes' from the event and anyway are too boring (have to take them one by one mostly).

Also I just dislike the 'leveling caves', don't use them, they are not my idea of gameplay.
Hit up Pause ingame...i will sort you.

Miazga

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 10, 2007

Ok I'm angry. I did everything. I installed DX, runtime and net 4.0. Please don't tell me that I do someting wrong. I have windows 7 32-bit and I can't install your game. For example luncher from Arcadia and Project work fine. Please. Could you upload somewehere full version, not client.
regards

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

what is in the background? If the launcher screen image isnt loading there's likely a connection issue between you and the patcher server...

is it being blocked by an anti virus or web filtering??

There would be no point me uploading the full client as if you cant get the patcher to work you'd never receive the new client or patch files and wnt be able to play the game

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Re: FiveHeroes Mir Server [Crystal]

I'd tell him not to bother as the server is really unplayable, at least solo anyway. Warrior @level 76 and in mir items all with very much upgraded stats (bought from folks who upgraded to hero/legend items thanks to gold being obtainable on this server if nowt else is) and I can't swing it solo in 'solo hunting caves' past Ancient Oma cave which is billed for levs 70+

Mind you the very first cave on the list for levs60+ (BDD) is way tougher than the next five caves ranging from 65+ to 70+
I can 'live' in just the very first floor and the holding cave where KS with ESs and ETs are, past that where zombies and the rest is I am not effective and I shudder what might be past that. Someone should go back to school to learn numbers (what level numbers are).

Fair enough BDD has about twice exp that those other five caves above it on the list give but the pits is that not only all various mobs in a given cave give the same exp points but those five caves all give the same exp points.

And the lowest (first on the list) ancient cave is boring as hell it being oma cave with a skeleton and oma here and there... and when I teleport into ancient Prajna cave I immediately have to start pumping HP pots like I was killing a boss while I HM several mobs. And the next 'class' armour/items which is 'Hero class items' @78 are not much improvement over the mir items I have now (being almost maxed up stat wise)... bottom line is I don't see how those who are still at my level can swing it on this server if they play solo.

I forgot PB omas, those are boring since I can only tackle them one by one and can level faster in those easy caves with 10k mobs (wasn't there though since the last 'patch' which increased exp) - In the caves I can level and kill subs and bosses I have no hope of getting items for my level, nevermind I never got any item dropped off those PB omas either in those few days I spent there. Now it seems its off limits for under lev80 !?

The server has very poor gradation of cave difficulty, exp. points. And if you're like me who didn't play some 4 months and returned and are not a power player like some hardy nails, or are just starting out, and specially if you don't care being leveled by high levels, I am afraid this server might be for levs 80-90 and in good guilds but not for you.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Thanks for the feedback we're planning on doing a decent review of starters and low levels .. the server in general is pretty difficult, its a server where you have to actually use potions, even the high levels have it rough and get 1 hit bosses

I agree though it should be easier on lower levels and maybe ease you into it a bit more gently

We have a new GM and team member on board now with a lot more time to look into this kinda stuff where as i did not have that luxury before

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

I find sweet point as regards hunting cave Stone or Prajna Temple, where mobs and subs can't touch me (except some scratch from an odd supermob in ST that give big 48k exp). There is no point to hunt in all other caves where I can stand upright since I don't get more exp there or better drops and might have to keep picking up sunpots to maintain health.

The MTK sub in PT is disgustingly easy (like all subs except in FT I mention next), only plus for the place is that mobs have those magnificent sounds (one really appreciates it after spending ages in silent caves). The sub in Flaming temple (AntQueen) hits disgustingly strong, is treacherous LOL, I find the boss there easier. And in Depraved Temple last week, on 3F in that square open place where you go into maze, two subs spawned too close to each other and I only managed couple hits on one before I got teleported to the other where I also managed like two or three hits before it all repeated - I kept cycling between them and there was nothing doing except to use TT - just so you guys know this sub 'hijack tele AI' can sometimes backfire (but maybe its meant to be part of the :smilet-digitalpoint).

Weird thing regarding drops - in late spring I used to get in fairly low level caves (like insect cave now eliminated) some odd items way high level, like 80, now that's quite rare, its all 50-60 level items meaning that I don't even look at what dropped anymore while leveling knowing its all trash. In spring I got Ancestor sword off sub in insect cave - one of the first ones on server (also somebody got strong armour off ST mob), but since then, October onwards when I returned from my summer break I have been getting tons of subs and bosses in higher level caves (its all free to camp these days since the server average level has moved on) and never seen any sub of boss (never mind mob) drop anything even coming close to such drops. Actually only thing worth picking up is gold bar, bundle, or chest.

Not wanting to come across as crybaby, its just that like all servers I ever played, at some point you come to a halt if solo playing. On your server leveling is still easy but the problem is - its best to stay in way easy cave well bellow my level/equipment, which means it gets boring - I miss progression whereby you go to higher level caves where you get beaten up a bit but exp gain makes it worthwhile. In connection with this I have to confess I never go to those special leveling places where you pay (gg) to enter. Its not that I wouldn't have gold, its the principle with me. I don't like to see those place on any server and don't have much respect for those who use them. That's one reason for slow going. Another is I missed most events or joined them late.

In this last server upgrade I noticed the starter level is now 65... now I worry that at next server upgrade I will fall victim to this 'starter level' as it might catch up with me... LOL Its like those vehicles that follow bicycle races on tail picking up those who fall too far behind the time limit. The downfall of this server upgrade is I go to cave teleport rock menu and find my choices very much limited, like I am being squeezed out, can't even go to PB anymore, wonder why, what happened there, like it upgraded and I couldn't touch those PB omas again anyway?

Looking at the top 20 chart, only class I could compete in is archer class as you need just level 70 to get on it. Warrior in his class needs level 91. Perhaps I would sum up this server review from the point of struggling solo never'do'well player, is that its either easy as peach or hard as nails and not much in between. I find that those supped up mir items I have are either overkill or else equivalent of a light nightgown LOL
I might add my guild went belly up late spring, not even sure why, happened when the server went down from those 100+ users live online days. But you must be doing something good all things considered. It seems nobody can measure up against chronicles but being second/third best is not bad.

Last edited:

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004

Started playing this last night.. didn't play for very long as got a bit fed up of it. As a solo player (and somewhat casual) it just seemed a bit odd. For example, PT was a breeze and quite enjoyable with the huge spawns but then BDD which is actually a lower level cave was impossible. The stone temple cave was good, again packed with monsters but the boss in KR destroyed me (stone lord?) - When I thought I was doing well he all of a sudden increased his power by 20%, then 60% and then 100%.. in which I was pretty much buggered. I'm struggling to understand how solo players are meant to gear up if they need to hunt with groups. but then perhaps team play is the purpose of the server.

Anyway, I didn't play for long so probably unfair judgement from my part but from what I saw I am very limited to which caves i can explore and enjoy - the lvling caves aren't exactly packed with mobs either, but then I guess they do give higher EXP.. but for the cost and time limit I expected a lot more, rather than having to spend time running around luring them.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

I'd say starting out you just need to level and get gold that way and buy items from TM (because at starting level 65 and items you get in the package, you won't get anything much better in the caves you can go to (marginally better only). You can do all subs except BDD and Flaming temple, bosses have that thing of beefing up as you say - if you got some protection buff skill, wait to apply it for the later stages unless it lasts you long enough time. And BDD as I noted above is much tougher than all caves up to the first ancient cave.
Anyway the server has poor cave progression regarding difficulty of the caves, it can be very much deceiving, the level advisory for caves leaves a lot wanting.

I did notice two or three pple reaching lvl 80 in the last two days (server announcement) so some folks must be making it, probably in leveling caves or with guild help? But leveling is not that slow going to 80 if you stick to it, myself I don't play long hours.

Last edited:

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA

I'm trying to get connect but it just hangs on Connecting.
Any ideas? :)

wonderman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2013

server is down i think bud im having same probs

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

yep sorry first real crash in months, should hopefully get it fixed soon, sorry about that