Mir3Res.dat encryption/decryption tool

smoochy boys on tour

Corsair99

LOMCN Leecher
Aug 30, 2015
Will, client's item.dat how to decrypt? thank you very much!

---------- Post Merged at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:16 AM ----------

He's just double clicking..

Remember to add items you need to add it to the mir3res and the client's item.dat

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013

---------- Post Merged at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:16 AM ----------

You can use the same tool to decrypt item.dat

karlsars

LOMCN n00bie
May 10, 2014
---------- Post Merged at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:24 PM ----------

To view data once decript open it in notepad++
best way to view is to do 2 find and replaces

do
find: <RES_
replace \n<Res_

then
find <Value
replace \n<Value

ensure you have the extended box ticked in the find and replace (\n, \r etc)

this will put it in a much more readable format, however i doubt that it would export back in correctly. I have attached a format that should be more readable
i tried.ur right.add \n then repack to server and dbserver will throw exception when starting.

Last edited:

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
I've managed to decrypt the Mir3Res.dat into xml but just showing
View attachment 17417

I'm guessing either Im not opening the xml properly or its not decrypting properly

Azura, I'm currently only wanting to view the Database Data rather adding/editing it.

I'm getting a similar issue. It decrypts but it gives me garbage.

Tried on both Windows 2012 and Windows 7 - I initially got a DLL on windows but installed the DLL and no errors. Simply confirming it's decrypted then when checked it hasn't.

Any idea please?

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
I'm getting a similar issue. It decrypts but it gives me garbage.

Tried on both Windows 2012 and Windows 7 - I initially got a DLL on windows but installed the DLL and no errors. Simply confirming it's decrypted then when checked it hasn't.

Any idea please?

It works fine for me, I'll attach mine just incase.

Attachments

• Crypt.rar
    17.1 KB · Views: 45

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
Using any language packs? Other than that I do not know sorry.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Nah, i've just attempted to install Chinese Language Pack to see if that might help, not holding out much hope for it though.

*Edit

Nope exactly the same problem. Unusual its happening on two systems. Maybe omikkk can shed some light on what the problem might be.

Last edited:

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
yup it is indeed. First image shows the files and locations and command run. Second is the xml file afterwards.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
yup it is indeed. First image shows the files and locations and command run. Second is the xml file afterwards.

View attachment 17465 View attachment 17466

Try putting a full location.
I gave an example in the text document

Yours would be crypt.exe -d "D:\crypt\Mir3Res.dat" "D:\crypt\Mir3Res - Decoded.xml"

Also this does not work for the CMList.dat and other .dats this only works for Mir3Res.dat and Item.dat

For CMList.dat use this file...

Attachments

• Mir3Decrypt.rar
    268.2 KB · Views: 58

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
So looks like full path works on my windows 7 machine but not on my server 2012. Meh, it'll do the job.

Omikkk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2006
Poland
i really don't think using absolute paths is any diffrent from using relative paths. if it's able to locate and open a file, it's good to go. if not, then it prints a message. but whatever works

Sedge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2009
My apologies for not being savvy in this department but I am having an issue when I am opening the exe a black box pops up and then shuts within a second.

I have opened a cmd window and inputted the path to mir3res.dat using the crypt and I am getting an error 'crypt.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any help would be appreciated if you have the patience.

Thanks

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
My apologies for not being savvy in this department but I am having an issue when I am opening the exe a black box pops up and then shuts within a second.

I have opened a cmd window and inputted the path to mir3res.dat using the crypt and I am getting an error 'crypt.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any help would be appreciated if you have the patience.

Thanks

You either need to open the cmd prompt in the actual folder of the crypt.exe with ctrl+shift+right click

OR

You can open a command prompt and specify the location of crypt.exe followed by the other paths.

eg:

c:\crypt.exe -d "c:\mud3\envir\mir3res.dat" "c:\mud3\envir\mir3resdecrypted.xml"

Sedge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2009
Thanks for the reply Karl, got it working now from your help.