Sky Sports HD - Stream/Box?

smoochy boys on tour

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Hellooo,

I signed up with Sky just over a year ago, I have the following with them.

• Sky+ Family Pack
  • Sky HD Pack
  • Sky Sports
  • Line Rental
  • Fibre Broadband

My total bill used to be roughly £60-70 which I was happy with.

Today I have just noticed it has gone up to £108.90 !!!!!:@:

There is no way I am going to continue paying that, so I am looking for an alternative for the HD Sports which I watch the most, I watch so much golf!!

Does anyone know anything I can get? It is Sky Sports 4 HD

Cheers
Joe

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
phone them up and threaten to cancel, they will reduce your bill

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Yeh, in the process at the moment with the online chat lady 'Aimee'

I've just said....

"Hello, This morning I logged into my account to find an astronomical bill of £108.90. It came as a shock as I am used to paying between £60-£70 a month, and at one point was paying around £57! If we cannot renew contracts with new offers to get into the region I mentioned above, regrettably all services will need to be terminated as of immediately. It is a shame, but it’s unreasonable in all personal circumstances, and I do hope we can come to some sort of a deal. If not I will have to consider all my options with other providers."

---------- Post Merged at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:17 PM ----------

25% discount..... £90.12..... oh well way she goes!

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Best alternative; kodi on a kindle fire stick :) i watch all my sports on there, also watch a lot of golf.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Best alternative; kodi on a kindle fire stick :) i watch all my sports on there, also watch a lot of golf.

I have an unused fire tv stick... Didn't know you could get Kodi on it :O.

Sam

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
There's 'Android' boxes which also run Kodi, there's good and bad ones, try ensure it uses a VPN (same rule for the firestick) as most of the services won't work without one.
They all depend on your internet connection and/or the server the streams are hosted on, the quality varies but more often than not, they're of a good standard.

Or you can install Kodi on your PC/Laptop and hook it up to your TV, again you will need a VPN.

As for what's available, it all depends on the box/stick you get (they're actually addons that go onto Kodi) you get pretty much every channel in the UK and US, including skysports/btsports/binsports/UFC/box nation etc...

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Look at "Boyz Toyz" on ********, it's a paid service but you get all the channels and much less of the buffering or dead links.
Can use Kodi and other IPTV apps.

It's not too pricey either.