mir3 resurrection...?

smoochy boys on tour

ShakeNBake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2007
Phantom forrest afk..
Azura server; one to many coincidences on this...

fake user count thread... Azura user count drops 50% then gm post proof of new user count Lol! we are that dumb...

server wreaks of somthing bad!

Uncharted: Cant play it so cant comment...

Others: Released in alpha stage imo...

Verdict: resurrection... more like finishing blow....

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1

fake user count thread... Azura user count drops 50% then gm post proof of new user count Lol! we are that dumb...

Cant play for some reason? post in server thread and we help you. ;)

ShakeNBake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2007
Phantom forrest afk..
Cant play for some reason? post in server thread and we help you. ;)

Why do i get bad lag on this but no lag for other 2 gsps...? worse in PF...

already did.. my problem is not connection or anything like this... i run all other gsp's nps... for me when i play your server its like my pc is running 10+ other programs in background and i can play but its to slow... if you can fix that ill test your server and give my honest opinion on it...

Mir3 players are out there waitin for the right server... i hope someone can bring somthing stable minimal bugs... then we might get a user count...

Last edited:

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
you have win10 i think.
for this you have 2 options, right click the gameclient.exe and compatibility tab, set to win7 and run as admin, another is to put a program called 3danalyze, i have put this program link in the (guide of gsp) i writed weeks ago.

I hope this fix your problem ;)

ShakeNBake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2007
Phantom forrest afk..
you have win10 i think.
for this you have 2 options, right click the gameclient.exe and compatibility tab, set to win7 and run as admin, another is to put a program called 3danalyze, i have put this program link in the (guide of gsp) i writed weeks ago.

I hope this fix your problem ;)

Yes win 10... i will try the fix thanks alot bro ;]]

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
To be honest, I don't hold out much hope for Windows 10. I ended up having to dual boot with Windows 7 and use that to get decent performance out of the game. Win 10 don't play well with 16bit graphics.

I'd be interested in seeing if someone does get good performance, everything just appears in slowmo when I've tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShakeNBake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2007
Phantom forrest afk..
To be honest, I don't hold out much hope for Windows 10. I ended up having to dual boot with Windows 7 and use that to get decent performance out of the game. Win 10 don't play well with 16bit graphics.

I'd be interested in seeing if someone does get good performance, everything just appears in slowmo when I've tried.

win 7 is best yeah... but ive had gsps running fine in windowed mode...

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Windowed mode seems to run fine on windows 8.1 or if you put your windows resolution to the lowest 800 x 600. Im sure its the same for win 10.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005

better.png

Usercount was correct, its just other servers have opened and people play in groups of friends, moving servers also caused connection issues and people moved.

The finishing blow would be people's attitudes like yours who would rather complain and nit-pick rather then playing a free service.

You can take offence to that statement but its true, if you think you can do better and keep it alive - the files are publicly available to anyone.

ShakeNBake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2007
Phantom forrest afk..
View attachment 17472

The finishing blow would be people's attitudes like yours who would rather complain and nit-pick rather then playing a free service.

I like to play mir3 not run it... The fans/players of mir3 keep it going... Not the ppl like you who automatically act/think they better than the players just because they provide a service...

All mir3 gsp's are close to unplayable imo... the thread is about my disappointment... i saw the user counts and the players drop with this shoddy effort...

if you think any are good enough you dont know mir3... move on...

next gm out there making a gsp needs to do alpha stage beta stage then launch it with almost 0 bug... or you ruining mir3... IMO...

i'd pay cash to play a server with half the bugs as these gsps....................................................

Last edited:

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
I like to play mir3 not run it... The fans/players of mir3 keep it going... Not the ppl like you who automatically act/think they better than the players just because they provide a service...

All mir3 gsp's are close to unplayable imo... the thread is about my disappointment... i saw the user counts and the players drop with this shoddy effort...

if you think any are good enough you dont know mir3... move on...

next gm out there making a gsp needs to do alpha stage beta stage then launch it with almost 0 bug... or you ruining mir3... IMO...

i'd pay cash to play a server with half the bugs as these gsps....................................................

You just prove my point with your statement, people who run servers do not think they are better than the players (me included), we don't understand how players think we don't have lives and should be waiting on them.

My server is in a test stage, it clearly states the server is a test server.. you also don't seem to understand the in's and outs of finding leaked files and making them work by reverse engineering the information.

Of course the GSP servers are going to be slightly buggy, the stored procedures are created and other information are created from reading what the server gates are trying to call.

These are not 100% official files they are a few gates that were on wemades ftp with a database, if they were 100% official we'd have no issues at all.. Unfortunately that's not what we have, what we have is custom made information to try get the gates to communicate with each other.

Lol, looking for excuses to throw the towel in already?

Stick to releasing, running servers has never been your best point Richard lol.

Throwing in a towel?

How did you get that conclusion from me saying that players should have more patience and understanding for server owners who give them their time and service free of charge.

I don't know who you are but at least I don't need to make a new account this month to hide my identity.

Gaypex

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 10, 2015
we don't have lives and should be waiting on them.

Agree, some players some people expect a GM to be available 24/7 instantly fixing bugs etc which is ridiculous, people need to take a break. Although IMO this only applies when a server is free to play / you can only pay for luxury items.

If it's p2w then I kinda think there's no excuse as the server tends to generate more money than the scenarios above and if people are paying more they expect more service naturally.

players should have more patience

And the same goes for server owners too, with a little patience you'll find a select group of players quite dedicated to helping fixing the server notifying bugs etc, of course it makes sense to keep healthy communication with those players so they can assist better in identifying bugs.

I don't know who you are but at least I don't need to make a new account this month to hide my identity.

What exactly are you accusing him of, saying you don't need to make a new account this month?

I think he has a point, you're clearly good at what you do with the files, but there's much to be desired in the hosting side. By the sounds of it you had issues with other servers too.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
careful guys he does not like to hear the truth, i have been saying it for months and nobody listens the amount of servers rich has had is silly you was even banned at one point from advertising ffs, nothings changed.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Azura should be appreciated that he is willing to do something for community, not sharing files tho, but he wants to deliver a good gsp server

Gsp is full of bugs that need to be fixed, and you cant fix bugs by snapping fingers

Gaypex

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 10, 2015
Azura should be appreciated that he is willing to do something for community, not sharing files tho, but he wants to deliver a good gsp server

Gsp is full of bugs that need to be fixed, and you cant fix bugs by snapping fingers
I do appreciate what he's doing, it's more than anything I could comprehend so as a true mir3 fan if he's helping bring it back I'm very happy and grateful! And will help in any way I can

But you can't just ignore controversy because someone has done something good.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
the GSP Fire&Ice server fixed all the bugs that the new server has don't mean to advertise that server but its best server out at moment with the files i not playing anything atm but that server has no lag/dc

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
the GSP Fire&Ice server fixed all the bugs that the new server has don't mean to advertise that server but its best server out at moment with the files i not playing anything atm but that server has no lag/dc

ice and fire server doesnt have assasin?