[Approved] Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Morning Mirians,

We will be rebooting the server today at 11am to apply Chronicles V3.4.

Changes/Fixes as of Chronicles V3.4:
- Map Descriptions added to AncientForest and Frozen Provinces.
- Added low level exp rate to more maps.
- Server status bar now displays low level exp increase.
- Wizards portal now disappears on death.
- Fix for broken frozen province tiles
- Drop Changes for various bosses and subs across the land (not yet finished, but a good chunk done).

The drop changes are overall much better now, with better and actual chances of dropping more appropriate items, however, there is still a random element and some drops have completely changed (not just adjustments).

Approximate downtime will be: 90 minutes.

Chronicles Development Team

---------- Post Merged at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Server is up, final changes and fixes for Chronicles V3.4

- Map Descriptions added to AncientForest and Frozen Provinces.
- Added low level exp rate to more maps.
- Server status bar now displays low level exp increase.
- Wizards portal now disappears on death.
- Fix for broken frozen province tiles
- Drop Changes for various bosses and subs across the land (not yet finished, but a good chunk done).
- No recalls, random teleports or logging allwoed in SOKS room.
- Sand drops increased across various sand based mobs (Numa’s, Murlocs etc).

Remember the drops are a work in progress and will continuously be tweaked.

As always let us know of any issues.

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
Any plans to reduce the skill experience needed to level up certain skills?>
With level experience increased by such a degree since server launch the skill experience is out of sync.

Things like MagicBooster, completely anti casual. 6000 for level 1, castable every 30 seconds? That's a maximum of 50 hours(min 13hrs) required just to get skill level 1. In 50 hours of gameplay one can level from 48-52+ and then be faced with an additional 70+ hours of skill leveling....

These need to be revised.

Anything on this?

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
I can agree with Magic Booster but apart from that i havent had much issue with any other spells. i left magic booster on 8 hours overnight and it only did 1982/6000 for level 0-1

Although if you look at it from another point of view, magic booster is quite a powerful skill when leveled so maybe it should take the extra time. 25-25mc is probably one of the most powerful skills ingame.

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
How about a training room where everyone inside gets a "quickload" x10 buff so there are no cooldowns
You already have the reduced cooldown ability coded, apply it (x10) as a buff inside of the training room in mizu.

I can agree with Magic Booster but apart from that i havent had much issue with any other spells. i left magic booster on 8 hours overnight and it only did 1982/6000 for level 0-1

Although if you look at it from another point of view, magic booster is quite a powerful skill when leveled so maybe it should take the extra time. 25-25mc is probably one of the most powerful skills ingame.

Regardless of power people should not have to leave pc's on over 3-4 nights to level a skill, one that will not level through natural use before level 2 and or 3 are available.
Rage, ProField, Met, Shadowstep, swiftfeet, darkbody,

This is a quality of life change, the training room should facilitate casuals we wont/cant leave comps on overnight.

Suggestion.

Mizu Training room.
10x "quickload" buff to all skills
Guard or command that auto kills any summoned pets.
Trainer poisons himself (for purification)

or... just reduce skill required exp to level skills.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I disagree, the spells should/will level through use via hunting/levelling/PvPing - I'm happy with the current EXP's for levelling spells, aswell as keeping the usefulness of skill necklaces

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
1982/6000 over 8 hours of perfectly timed casts (14.5 seconds per point)

48 - 6000 = 24 Hours
50 - 8000 = 32 Hours
52 - 10000 = 40 Hours

Current leveling exp per hour = 30Mill without exp pots.

To level MB level 0 to 1 you will can gain 720Million Exp
Before you even get magic booster to level 1, level 2 will be available - a further 32 hours of levelling.. 960million exp...
By the time you get level 2, level 3 will have already been available....

If you are "happy" with them now even though exp has been doubled since they were designed, does that mean you were not happy with them before?
They do go hand in hand you know....

Welcome casual players... you have to level skills AFK for 96 hours.....
Absolute joke.

ILovePie:D

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
1982/6000 over 8 hours of perfectly timed casts (14.5 seconds per point)

48 - 6000 = 24 Hours
50 - 8000 = 32 Hours
52 - 10000 = 40 Hours

Current leveling exp per hour = 30Mill without exp pots.

To level MB level 0 to 1 you will can gain 720Million Exp
Before you even get magic booster to level 1, level 2 will be available - a further 32 hours of levelling.. 960million exp...
By the time you get level 2, level 3 will have already been available....

If you are "happy" with them now even though exp has been doubled since they were designed, does that mean you were not happy with them before?
They do go hand in hand you know....

Welcome casual players... you have to level skills AFK for 96 hours.....
Absolute joke.

I downloaded a macro manager, set it up to.

Equip knowledge torch.
Cast skill
Unequip knowledge torch.

Set on a repeat timer of 40 seconds.

I did level 2-3 MB in less than overnight.

Simple.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

Equip knowledge torch.
Cast skill
Unequip knowledge torch.

Simple.

Automating gameplay :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013

Equip knowledge torch.
Cast skill
Unequip knowledge torch.

Simple.

Simple indeed but my issue is not how can i do 24 hours of afk skill leveling faster it's why on earth does it take 24 hours of afk skill leveling in the first place.
Its a bloody stupid amount of skill exp required and there is no good reason for having it set so high.
Rage has a much smaller cooldown and requires 1/3 the skill exp.
Met shower, higher level, lower cooldown -- less than 1/3 the skill exp needed.

LCD stop being a clown and fix this nonsense or atleast explain why a lower level spell with a much larger cooldown should have 3 times the required exp of a higher level spell with a smaller cooldown..
Logic..

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Equip knowledge torch.
Cast skill
Unequip knowledge torch.

Simple.

Did the same for shadow step in a closed off space back and forth lol.

#KoriTheScripter

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Evening all,

We will be opening our test server up tomorrow night and inviting you all to come along and test the new instancing system that is currently been worked on. A number of test instances will be added for you to join/create to give the basic system a good beating to look for / fix any bugs with it.

The test server will be opened up at some point between 8pm and 9pm and the relevant files will be downloadable from the autopatcher without disrupting your normal clients.

I will update with a more accurate time along with how to join in the testing tomorrow evening

---------- Post Merged on 20-05-2016 at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 19-05-2016 at 09:25 PM ----------

Test server is now live for testing instance system, run mir2text.exe from your client folder :)

---------- Post Merged at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Test server is now closed, after a few hours of testing I think we found everything we're gonnna find this time round. 2 bugs were found I need to look at, overall dare I say i did a good job of the first revision of the system

Big thank you to those that took part.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
I disagree, the spells should/will level through use via hunting/levelling/PvPing - I'm happy with the current EXP's for levelling spells, aswell as keeping the usefulness of skill necklaces

is this really what you intended?

Equip knowledge torch.
Cast skill
Unequip knowledge torch.

Simple.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Morning Mirians,

Today at 10am, we will be rebooting the server to apply Chronicles V3.5.

Fixes and changes as of Chronicles V3.5:
- Fix for broken cords on Frozen Province to Frozen Caverns.
- Rested Exp.
- 12 New Weapons.
- 18 New Armours.
- 32 New Accessories.

13094265_1037883909599001_5350539085090882574_n.png

For those who are unsure what rested exp is:
Rested Exp is a system whereby players may accumulate a bonus exp modifier whilst the player is logged out and within a safezone. The allowance of rested exp is granted per hour over an initial 8 hour threshold up to a limit of 160 hours.

Our website will be updated with the stats of new armours, weapons and items later today.

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
Evening all,

We will be opening our test server up tomorrow night and inviting you all to come along and test the new instancing system that is currently been worked on. A number of test instances will be added for you to join/create to give the basic system a good beating to look for / fix any bugs with it.

The test server will be opened up at some point between 8pm and 9pm and the relevant files will be downloadable from the autopatcher without disrupting your normal clients.

I will update with a more accurate time along with how to join in the testing tomorrow evening

---------- Post Merged on 20-05-2016 at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 19-05-2016 at 09:25 PM ----------

Test server is now live for testing instance system, run mir2text.exe from your client folder :)

---------- Post Merged at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Test server is now closed, after a few hours of testing I think we found everything we're gonnna find this time round. 2 bugs were found I need to look at, overall dare I say i did a good job of the first revision of the system

Big thank you to those that took part.

Hey, I must say good work on this being implimented onto the server, however can I ask how this will be monitored for say people instance hoping to get more than 1 boss at a time, as in is there a cool down timer for the amount of times you can change instance??

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Hey, I must say good work on this being implimented onto the server, however can I ask how this will be monitored for say people instance hoping to get more than 1 boss at a time, as in is there a cool down timer for the amount of times you can change instance??

You will be able to change instance whenever you want. However lets assume woomataurus instance has a 3 hour cooldown for example, the cooldown will affect entering another woomataurus instance not just creating a new one.
You will not be able to create a new woomataurus instance on a noob character and teleport your main into it over and over if thats what youre concerned about.

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
You will be able to change instance whenever you want. However lets assume woomataurus instance has a 3 hour cooldown for example, the cooldown will affect entering another woomataurus instance not just creating a new one.
You will not be able to create a new woomataurus instance on a noob character and teleport your main into it over and over if thats what youre concerned about.

Yeah, it was to see about not being able to create or change instance as often as you want to gain more of a bonus, good to see you thought about that.

Will the instance be just for caves and temples and not for main provences??

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Server is up.

Final changes and fixes for Chronicles V3.5:
- Fix for broken cords on Frozen Province to Frozen Caverns.
- Rested Exp.
- 12 New Weapons.
- 18 New Armours.
- 32 New Accessories.
- RT re-enabled in OKS tomb

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
You guys ever thought of supporting a higher res?

The one thing Crystal files is good for is the higher resolutions, everyone's monitors are plenty big enough these days.