[Approved] Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Server died and so did the owners effort it's the reason there server is dead and washed up.

So any server with a lower user count than chronicles is beyond the dead stage? :/

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I wasn't going that far into it, just saying, from previous efforts in design, to blurry text and images? Just looks crap.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I wasn't going that far into it, just saying, from previous efforts in design, to blurry text and images? Just looks crap.

I think the picture quality has probably been reduced since it was uploaded as an attachment to lomcn

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Surprised Breezer didn't think of/realise that himself being a designer lol

koz1122

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2012
Anyone got a half decent char i can jump on :) cba to level from scratch.

Kami

Can't connect ..?? Says Disconnected from server..
I've downloaded the patcher from your website, should be up to date? Won't let me connect..
Is it a problem having Windows10?

johnwhy

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 8, 2015
Thank you! I login forum but can not create new topic because no +New topic button can be found.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Morning Mirians,

We are going to reboot today at 11am to apply the Chronicles V2.7 patch. Downtime will be approximately 90 minutes.

Changes and additions as of Chronicles V2.7
- Early Sunday SW war changed from 4pm to 3pm
- ShadowStep bug moving to centre of mouse target fixed
- Bug with DragonBone / DragonBlood pet levels fixed
- KnightMaster (Troll boss) bugged spawns fixed
- NumaElder broken shadow fixed.
- ThunderShaolin: Damage bonus per skill level has been reduced.
- FireShaolin: Damage bonus per skill level has been reduced, as has the damage multiplier
- SuperShaolin: Damage reduces by 25% each space the target is away from you
- ThunderWave: can no longer run with it (just walk)
- Thunderclap: Size of AoE attack reduced from 7x7 to 5x5
- Reincarnation now works on mobs. Monsters up to 10 levels above yourself can be bought back to life for a small period of time as spirit pets, they can not leave the map they are resurrected on.

New Spells (Taoist):
- DivineLife(55): Target is buffed with % based extra HP
- Channeling(48): Passive spell, when this is learnt the souls from defeated enemies can be collected and harnessed into your soulfireball spell

New Spells (Monk):
- Fortify(35): The monk temporarily braces himself into a Rock like state avoiding 100% of incoming damage, but will be unable to move or attack during this state.
- Taunt(42): A fully working agro spell. You can use it to take the agro of most mobs/bosses so that they will not wonder off when being hit by ranged classes.
- Immunity(53): Self buff spell which makes the caster immune to all poisons

I plan on getting some images and videos together of the new spells shortly.

As always, any issues please let us know.

Sam

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Is leveling still borring ?

A matter of perspective I guess... For a Low rate, probably not (although there aren't many low rates around to compare against).

There has been a 1.5x exp boost added up to level 48 which probably wasn't there the last time you played Vagrant.

I should really do a summary of the changes over the last 12 months so players who left a while ago know if it is worth coming back.

Sam

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Shell out and put effort into leveling monk from 0 and kitting it (at a pretty high cost) and they get nerfed. Appreciate its purely coincidence but didnt see any signs they would be getting any changes.

-1 UC.

Can i just add, this isnt the only reason. The biggest and probably most aggrovating thing about Chronicles is the outright flagrant ignorance from the GM's to the absolute dominance of Assassin in PvE and their refusal to change them.

I can only speculate, but Team make a large quantity of £ from selling gold(Iv bought a lot of it myself), and they use sins to pin down the highest teir bosses to feed the machine. Any items that people in the guild outside of the sales circle get are deemed "Guild items" (Case in point Stoney getting a RedEyeSkull from Colosus and having to give it up to TheEnd who turned up to see drop. Stoney was booted for "soloing the boss", them bosses are the £ sellers bosses). And thus, even the non-sins in Team defend them vehemently to keep getting their advantage, and any time a thread is opened about them youve got 5+ people shooting them down instantly.

Forsaken rely (Or used to, unsure more recently) on their high level sins to stand a chance at the high end bosses, so they defend them in much the same fashion, but for a completely different reason. They just wanna compete for the most part.

So here you have the two most vocal, so called "pillars" of the Chronicles community giving their feedback. Ill let you decide if its bias or not. Gotta appreciate that 80% of the UC dont even use forums. And they arent the ones with level 55+ L7 chars, feeding further into the dominance of the few, and annihilation of the many.

I have a high sin with SS and hemo, inb4 "level one and then QQ"

KingTony

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 15, 2014
Wipe server, fix all your ****s ups and i might think about replaying.

All the mistaken from back in the day have shaped the server out to be pay to win and 2 classes overpowering the other 3 classes server is not fun or appealing anymore.

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
Wipe server, fix all your ****s ups and i might think about replaying.

All the mistaken from back in the day have shaped the server out to be pay to win and 2 classes overpowering the other 3 classes server is not fun or appealing anymore.

if they changed around a few bits on the server, e.g, the marbles to drop from normal mobs not just boss's this would open up a hell of a lot of things on this server. most people camp boss's / subs for these to become even better or even richer. The problem that casual every day player like myself have is that we dont have much of a chance to find many things from normal mob drops unless your really lucky and get the added item stat drop and that sells for a few mil. Iv tried on a level 40 sin and 44 war to attempt some subs but always end up being taken out quickly by the higher end added items chars because i cant keep up with them item wise because they have bought lots of freezing gems and as soon as that happens your pretty much stunned to the floor.

PB mobs used to drop marbles and could offer the game some variation for each char / gain cash to keep up and maybe stand a chance at a few subs or boss's. Everything is that rare on here that its just stupid money to buy. The only chance for the likes of myself to gain that sort of money is mining, to even make 1 mil from that it can take 2 days... just pointless on the server unless your hardcore player tbh.

Bromen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2008
Manchester, UK
Server team makes retarded changes without looking at impact, and doesnt change things that been silly fron the start, basic things like drop balance of caves is non existant avoid this crap.

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
I understand we all give the server team abuse and tbh they take a fair bit so i will say they have a high back bone so far, the only problem is that they dont seem to listen to the needs of the majority of the server no more. There is at least 50% of the server who dont do PK / PVP (i know each to their own, but when you have people who dont enjoy PK these are the people who i feel get pushed to one side. The people who do like PK / PVP dont stand a chance at anything on this server unless you get in with the guilds who are dominating the server as you simply cant compete with them. You cant make gold that easy on the server and the items that make you money are all from boss's that are camped by the people with the kits.

I feel that it might be time to redivise your plans for the server and make a choice about where items drop, for such, make marbles less rare now and put them into normal mobs, and maybe increase the drops of some other items in certain areas to help give the lower levels there own chance to find a better kit rather than struggling for gold thats really hard to come by.